Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving from WorldCraft/Hammer to GTK Radiant, need help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving from WorldCraft/Hammer to GTK Radiant, need help.

I'm looking to move on to a different map editor so that way I can convert some old Quake 1 maps to Q3A for better multiplayer possibilities. Now, I'm wondering how different GTK Radiant is from WorldCraft at all. I mean, to me, it seems like mapping feels a bit different here. I'm too used to WorldCraft/Hammer, and need to know the best way to convert to QER, and get myself building for Q3A. On top of that, I really don't see a good way to import Quake 1 geometry without causing trouble. That's another problem I see. Wow, this is tough. Anyone have any good ideas here?
    sigpic
    Current Project: Quake Texture Pack for UT3/UDK

Originally posted by 8IronBob View Post
    I'm looking to move on to a different map editor so that way I can convert some old Quake 1 maps to Q3A for better multiplayer possibilities. Now, I'm wondering how different GTK Radiant is from WorldCraft at all. I mean, to me, it seems like mapping feels a bit different here. I'm too used to WorldCraft/Hammer, and need to know the best way to convert to QER, and get myself building for Q3A. On top of that, I really don't see a good way to import Quake 1 geometry without causing trouble. That's another problem I see. Wow, this is tough. Anyone have any good ideas here?
    GTKRadiant (1.5) works with .map files directly. This is the same format that some other map editors have to export to before the map can be compiled.
    16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
    16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

Right, I tried that before, but for some reason, GTK Radiant doesn't pick up the geometry. What could be wrong?
      sigpic

Comment

I'd ask that question at Func_Msgboard, the main Quake 1 mapping forum, where there are more mappers using GTKRadiant and more with Quake 3 mapping experience.

Func_Msgboard mapping help thread:

http://www.celephais.net/board/view_...d=4&start=7818
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Thanks, I posted there now. I only wish that WorldCraft would've been able to work the the Q3A infrastructure. I was trying to link up WC's settings to GTK Radiant's tools and textures, but I don't think it worked out in my favor at all. Unfortunate.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X