X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @dutch
    hope you like it!
    its made from pieces of the first area of OTP's map
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• If you want (just for the fun of it) I could give you the most recent virtuoso_q1 gamepack for radiant. I have all of the most recognized compilers including experimental ones. I also have a build example for every compiler, as well as the ability to run maps with the most common -basedirs (ex -quoth), without having to do anything but choose the proper run option. The gamepack also includes newskip in the build menu as well as a wad of grids and flat colors with their non-palette replacement in the textures folder. NetRadiant (and probably GTK) will recognize and replace the wad textures with the external ones in the editor.

To modify the build menu to include switches requires no special knowledge. You would simply select Customize Build in the Build option, then select the compile that you want to customize, this would allow you to simply type the switches into the build menu editor as opposed to customizing raw xml.

There is also a built in 32 point compass which is used to easily assign -sunmangle. Instead of messing with -sunmangle 180, xx and not even being sure what 180 means, you can assign sun direction like this -sunmangle [NE], xx. The compass code in the xml is commented to explain exactly what direction N,S,W,E are according to -Y,Y,-X,X (not written here in any particular order and may differ from the actual assignment)
      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• sure why not, i can always take a look at it
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• @talisa - http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...tml#post148801

Comment

• I am on OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6.

I want to set up GTK Radiant for level mapping for Quake (for the original Quake, Quake One). I was working successfully with GTK Radiant under Windows, but now I made the transition to OS X, and I need to install all the toolchain again.

I have first installed XCode, Xquartz, MacPorts.

Then I installed GTK Radiant. It does start, and since it is not configured yet, the "Configure games" window pops up.

The original Quake is not among the supported games. I need to install the gamepak first.

Two problems:

1.) Where can I get the gamepak for Quake 1? I tried the SVN of GTK Radiant, after much searching around I think I could find the gamepak at [gtkradiant-gamepacks] Index of /Q1Pack/trunk/q1.game (if this is the one... ???), but I cannot figure how to download from there! svn co does not seem to work with this URL.

2.) When I have the gamepak, the instructions tell me to put it into some folder. How can I do that, as I am on OS X! The GTK Radiant on OS X El Capitan does not seem to have any folders, it is just one file which I have put into "Applications".

Any help so much appreciated, can't wait to get started with mapping again!
            The more they [computers] know, the slower they get — as opposed to the human mind, which has the opposite property. David W. Hillis

Comment

• Here just rip the gamepack out of this

Radiant_TyrUtils_0.15.5

I don't have a mac and can't help you with #2, but, if you figure it out there is no reason why the gamepack in my custom radiant wont work. Also, I'm assuming that you want to use the latest compilers (ie TyrUtils). If you are going old school I can find you a stock q1 gamepack... somewhere on my computer.

Also note: whereas my image shows phong as a real3, I fixed that about 5 seconds after I made the picture. The .ent is correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                Here just rip the gamepack out of this

Radiant_TyrUtils_0.15.5

I don't have a mac and can't help you with #2, but, if you figure it out there is no reason why the gamepack in my custom radiant wont work. Also, I'm assuming that you want to use the latest compilers (ie TyrUtils). If you are going old school I can find you a stock q1 gamepack... somewhere on my computer.

Also note: whereas my image shows phong as a real3, I fixed that about 5 seconds after I made the picture. The .ent is correct.
                Thank you MadGypsy. I could extract the gamepack from the Radiant_TyrUtils_0.15.5 file, and in the meanwhile could also get the gamepack from the GTK Radiant SVN (I manually recreated the folders and files and copied the text from the SVN via copy and paste...).

Regarding where to put the files. I made some progress here, I found out how to copy files into the GTK Radiant (right click in Finder and then "Show Package Contents"). There is some info I found at https://wiki.unvanquished.net/index..../Mapping_Tools, but that is specific to something called "Unvanquished":

The original recommendation is to make a folder structure looking like this:

Code:
                gtkradiant/
                gtkradiant/q1.game/
                gtkradiant/q1.game/default_build_menu.xml
                gtkradiant/q1.game/id1/
                gtkradiant/q1.game/id1/entities.ent
                gtkradiant/games/q1.game
                The problem is, the folder structure inside the GTK Radiant on OS X looks very different.

I have attached a tree -d output, in ASCII text, as a ZIP file (unzipped ASCII file to large for attachment in this forum software).

In case anyone here is familiar with how to to install the gamepack into GTK Radiant, specifically under OS X El Capitan, as this seems to be different from the Windows/Linux folder structure, I'd be happy if you could drop a line. I was trying out likely folder positions inside the tree but am not there yet. WIll report here if I figure it out.
                Attached Files
                The more they [computers] know, the slower they get — as opposed to the human mind, which has the opposite property. David W. Hillis

Comment

• @thank you

You're welcome. No problem at all.

aside: I actually use netradiant which is identical to gtk but, you can make it portable by simply creating a folder named "settings" in the radiant path. Maybe that would work better for you. I am only assuming there is a mac netradiant... I really don't know.

Comment

• there is a mac build under legacy builds

Ingar's NetRadiant packages

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_Tyson View Post
                      In case anyone here is familiar with how to to install the gamepack into GTK Radiant, specifically under OS X El Capitan, as this seems to be different from the Windows/Linux folder structure, I'd be happy if you could drop a line. I was trying out likely folder positions inside the tree but am not there yet. WIll report here if I figure it out.
                      Well, this is what I learned from wasting a bunch of time trying to get Quake 1 support working in GtkRadiant v.1.6.4 (spoiler: Q1 isn't supported in 1.6.4. Period*):

First, I would put the q1.game file in Resources/install/games.

To make sure that's the right directory, go ahead and go thru the menu to set up Quake 2 and open a new project. Then check games (or elsewhere) to see if a q2.game file was created. You can use that as an example too.

Then edit q1.game file and add an entry kinda like this, but for Mac:
                      gametools_linux="/usr/local/games/Quake/GtkRadiant/q1.game/"

This will probably be more helpful, as a similar example for Mac:
                      tremmapping / GtkRadiant1_4-Intel_MAC

Make sure you update everything else in q1.game like the enginepath setting.

You'll have to create a directory for the other files (like Resources/install/q1.game or Resources/install/installs/Q1Pack). It might not matter what you call it as long as the "gametools" assignment in /games/q1.pack is correct.

By the way, gtkradiant may try to read some files from your id1 directory. You may have to put the scripts directory inside it. Mine was looking for default_project.proj inside Quake/id1/scripts. But maybe that's another setting you can change. Version 1.6.4 warned me that I was using an older .proj file version or something...

*If you want to use GtkRadiant, it seems you have to use v1.5 or earlier.

Comment

Working...
                      X