Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Gtk Radiant] Can I have something like "visibility groups" to get more overview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Gtk Radiant] Can I have something like "visibility groups" to get more overview

I am using Gtk Radiant 1.5.0 under Windows 7.

My map is getting complex enough that I loose overview, especially in the 2D view. Is there any possiblity to have something like "visibility groups" to more overview? I.e. I want to divide the map into several groups of brushes and turn display of these groups on/off at will, so that I see less at one time and better position new brushes.

Kind of analogue to layers in 2D software.
    The more they [computers] know, the slower they get — as opposed to the human mind, which has the opposite property. David W. Hillis

func_group.

Select some brushes (you may want to filter entities first) and turn them into a func_group. Give this func_group a "name" of "group1" for example.

You can then select one brush of that group and do "Expand Selection... To Whole Entities" or Ctrl-Alt-E to select the entire group entity.

You can also just press H and Shift-H to hide/unhide the entire group.

Radiant unfortunately doesn't have "layers" (Darkradiant does, but not the others).

If your .def file doesn't have a func_group, simply turn the stuff into a func_wall and then manually change the classname.

Edit: I forgot to mention, if you do this you must use the -group switch on the TxQBSP command line otherwise your groups will be missing in the compiled map.
    Last edited by golden_boy; 01-24-2013, 09:19 AM.
    Scout's Journey
    Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Nice tip !
      WARNING
      May be too intense for some viewers.
      Stress Relief Device
      ....BANG HEAD HERE....
      ---------------------------
      .--------------------------

Comment

Working...