No announcement yet.

Custom Entities in Radiant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol, when I read the first one I was like "that's not very nice" - then I realized you were talking to yourself.

kudos, that's funny.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

I noticed scouts journey has ladders. I don't know if they are just decoration. Maybe golden_boy can enlighten us on how to make a ladder.
      You can make small ladders by just staggering clip brushes to make invisible, very slim stairs.

SJ uses the ladder code from RMQ, which originally came from the Extras R4 mod. Both these sources are available, but need fixes for work in DP and FTE. Spike already made these fixes but they haven't been released yet. You'll get that code by checking out "svn co svn://svn.icculus.org/remakequake RMQ". Look in misc.qc.

Quoth has ladders, too, but no source.

Just decoration! Hah.
      Scout's Journey
      Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

in my mods i am using the dpmod ladders, works great (only for darkplaces)
        the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

the biggest problem with ladders is that the client needs to know where they are too in order to predict them. Disabling prediction is imho not an option.
          set sv_minping 300, and you'll see what I mean.

Extras R4 ladders have 3 issues:
          1: it calls setorigin, and moves the player to inside the ladder, causing the player to get fatally stuck. This could potentially trigger in any engine in certain situations.
          2: its framerate dependant, and fails at high framerates, because it assumes the player is not moving or something. This breaks fte and dp because these engines run player entities more often than every other entity, or something.
          3: its purely serverside, and goes jerky/laggy with prediction. Its horrible to watch.
          Some Game Thing

Comment

Working...
          X