QCCX stops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QCCX stops

Today I have a bit freetime to put into setting up all the tools I would need for a little modding and I tried them out.

The first thing I tried is QCCX, as this is the first thing I would need. And, well, it doesn't work.

I have qccx100, can't remember where I got it from, and I got the the progs106 source.
    I tried to compile the basic progs without any changes at all, which stops at items.qc:47:too few parameters.

Do I need anything else, am I missing something?
    The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.
    - Arnold Schwarzenegger

The error you have is quite likely caused by dodgy defs.qc (even in id's code).
    (the droptofloor builtin was copypastaed from walkmove, but droptofloor should not be given any arguments, and indeed items.qc doesn't pass any, hence the error).
    You can probably find a bugfixed qc codebase from somewhere, or just fix it yourself.

However, qccx is not commonly used nowadays. I believe frikqcc is a fork of qccx and is generally more robust, so you should probably upgrade to at least that instead.
    Naturally I'd personally recommend fteqcc (its got arrays and stuff) but there are other qccs around.
    Last edited by Spike; 03-08-2013, 03:31 PM.
    Some Game Thing

Comment

I only dabbled a bit with qc and really I was just following along with a few tut's at inside3d... but this worked "easiest" for me! It's QCide. I believe the d'load archive has everything you need, icluding a correct and clean qc source for Q and QW.

Homepage:
      Justin Thyme - QCide

LINK:
      http://www.bfeared.com/library/quake..._1.81-dist.zip
      Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

@Spike:
        Thanks, I tried fteQCC and it seems to work
        It brings up a lot of messages that I can't read because they disappear so fast (something with "no response"), but it compiles and seems to work.

@damage_inc:
        I'll download that too and have a look.
        Although it seems to be more of an dev environement from what I've seen, which I don't need. I work with proton editor. I have been using this thing since... ever So I don't want to change that.

But I'm very grateful für the Clean-QC. Thanks for pointing that out. I haven't started any modding yet, so I still can use this
        - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

I have the clean progs106 from the Qcide page with the old QCCX and it works perfectly.

I'm currently "stumbling" through the source, I'm searching for stuff I can't find, but maybe I will, eventually

I guess I'm blind or something, I changed all the projectile weapons now, but I can't find how to change the damage they deal... maybe it's too late and I need some sleep.
          - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

look for the T_Damage calls.
            Some Game Thing

Comment

The qcide cleanQC still includes bugs. You might want to at least look at this:

Quake Info Pool

Especially the "Fixes" page which describes some of the original QC source's problems and offers code to fix them if you deem that necessary.
              Scout's Journey
              Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

just use my all in one QC editing environment

QC development environment

Also included in the package but not listed in my above image is qcCompile.bat. While in np++ press Cntrl+F1 to compile (SV)QC or Cntrl+F2 to compile CSQC. You will then be presented with an options menu that allows you to compile QC and run custom options when the QC compile is complete.

enjoy,
                Gypsy
                http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

look for the T_Damage calls.
                  I found what I was looking for. The T_Damage is true for most weapons, but not for the shotgun bullets and these were the ones I was looking for.
                  For them it's a bit "hidden", because it does the MultiDamage addition first. The actual damage value is in TraceAttack.

But I found it and now I'm on holidays, so maybe I can take my tiny netbook to Starbucks and spend some hours there

The qcide cleanQC still includes bugs.
                  It works for now. I'm happy I was able to get into all this at all, so currently I'm pleased with the way it is. I can try hunting bugs later

just use my all in one QC editing environment
                  I'll check this out, although I got my own environment running, nearly exactly how it was years ago

As said before, I use Proton Editor, which works very well:
                  Proton - Download - CHIP Online
                  - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

Working...
                  X