Need help setting up Euro Runequake server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help setting up Euro Runequake server

A friend of mine has kindly agreed to host a quake server for me based in Europe and I would like to use the Runequake mod as it seems more flexible than crmod (correct me if im wrong) and I dont know of any others so it would be nice to have one over here.

But I need some help as ive never set one up so my questions are.

What files do I need? what settings are best for this mod? anything else would be appreciated also.

Thanks

The basics are this, get the source here:

ftp://ftp.runequake.com/quake/runequ...e-1.1a-src.zip

Get the compiler here:

ftp://ftp.runequake.com/quake/quakec...rs/frikqcc/2.5

But the truth is, you should be asking these questions at http://forums.runecentral.com because despite how much I and some others know about this mod, Slot Zero is the developer and has more experience in his thumb about RuneQuake than everyone not named IEEE, Zop or RocketGuy combined.

RuneQuake requires FrikQCC 2.5 to compile (although QCCX could be used).

Although RQuake Team Cooperative is a different mod, I would also recommend reading the Developer section in the RQuake Manual as it has very detailed information on topics that will interest you about setting up a server and also explains how to compile a mod and other very thorough topics:

RQuake Manual Download
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Cheers for the links for the files etc thats a great help Baker, thanks for the tip about the rquake dev section managed to have a looked and it will certainly be useful.

I will as you suggest post on their forums for additional help.

Thanks again for your time

Comment

let us know if you don't get enough help... i'd love to see a euro rune server..!

a brazilian one as well..!

Comment

Thanks I can confirm its all going well, Im just doing some testing with Peg and working on the custom map list we want etc and will post details of the server shortly

Comment

Working...
          X