Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSQC HUD v4.8 + RT lights edit tool

CSQC HUD v4.81

For darkplaces engine only. Drop into id1\ hipnotic\ or rogue\ folders to use ( Quake, MP1: Scurge of Armagon, MP2: Dissolution of Eternity )
    This mod, among other things, will correct console aspect ratio, to match rendering resoltion aspect ratio.
    No more stretched HUD on 16:9 monitors, or multi screen setups.

Ingame controls will be saved between levels and gaming sessions:
    • keys '+' '-' ( default DP sizeup, sizedown binds ) // full classic hud - layout 1 ( Smith ) - layout 2 ( Nahuel ) - status bar only - hide hud

This mod will automatically write into console default binds for its functions. It won't bind a key if you've already binded it to something else.
    You can use console command to bind these functions manually in such case. Default binds below:
    • bind [ consizedown // decrease console resolution - it'll increase HUD/MENU/CONSOLE size
    • bind ] consizeup // increase console resolution - it'll decrease HUD/MENU/CONSOLE size
    • bind x itembar, bind f itembar // toggle item bar
    • bind c compass, bind r compass // toggle compass

Settings available through autoexec.cfg with default values:
    • set hud_mapname 1 // on/off map name display after loading a level, 1 == default
    • set waterfog 0 // on/off waterfog, 0 == default ( not compatible with world fog via .ent files and fits only with not transparent water surface )
    • set hud_weapons_offset 0 // 0 - move up/down custom inventory weapons and ammocounts icons( value +/- 40 is about 10% screen height up/down ), 0 == default
      // with default '0' and Smiths layout - custom ibar automatically adjust its position to be just above ( fps / date/ time )
    • "sbar_alpha_bg""0.4" // DP cvars for hud graphics transparency, bg - background, fg - icons
    • "sbar_alpha_fg""1"

Changes in v4.8:
    • Mouselook is now disabled during intermission and finale views on new DP builds too.
    • Camera sway during intermission and finale views like in original Quake.
    • Weapon icons will now blink on weapon pickup also when custom layout is used.
    • Convenient interface for DP RealTime Lights Edit Mode.

Change in v4.81:
    • Fixed bug, that caused mouse sensitivity to always reset, to the value set before game was launched.

UI for DP Real Time Lights Edit Mode:

Thanks to Nahuel for the original idea. I remade it in CSQC with improvements:
    • It's done in CSQC so it's compatible with any Mod, or Mission Pack.
    • Edited light does not reset, adjustement starts from it's current values.
    • Toggleable help panel shows controls, so you don't have to memorise them.
    • For non binary parameters, you can change adjustement tick multiplier, current multiplier is displayed on the help panel.
    • You can change multiplier with mouse scroll beforehand, or decrease it during adjustement by pressing mouse wheel (mouse3).
    • Color scale adjustement use starting color value as a base for linear incrementation, currently applied scale is displayed on the help panel.

Help panel explains all the controls so there is no point in repeating it here. Mod is enabled\disabled together with "r_editlights" cvar.
    "r_editlights_help" shows all DP light editing commands. The most notable commands not covered by this mod are:
    Setting cubemap texture, setting style value above 11 ( for triggered lights ), for loading lights from files and for changing all lights at once.

Mod will activate god and notarget cheats on level load, if "sv_cheats" and "r_editlights" are set to 1 before loading a level.
    To start ready to work, with movement controls, that won't interfere with light editing controls, add this to autoexec.cfg:

"sv_cheats""1"
    "r_editlights""1"
    bind l "noclip"

bind w "+forward"
    bind s "+back"
    bind a "+moveleft"
    bind d "+moveright"
    bind e "+moveup"
    bind f "+movedown"
    Last edited by _Smith_; 01-31-2014, 02:35 PM.
    Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

It's the same mod as included in QHDv1.44.

I've made new thread because the previous one was closed due to inactivity and I thought someone may find RT lights tool useful.
    Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

funny of you to update it just now, cuz just earlier today i was thinking of this CSQC hud.

i was playing some maps for drake mod earlier today, and i always use this hud cuz its great,
      and i was thinking of asking you if you could perhaps make a version of the hud for use with that mod?

it includes a whole bunch of weapons: (including the normal ID1 weapons)
      the hammer from hipnotic (slot 1)
      chainsaw from zerstorer (slot1)
      the hook from DoE (slot1)
      a new staff weapon (slot 2)
      lasercannon from hipnotic (slot 5)
      a heatSeeker like weapon (slot6)
      a 2nd heatseeker which includes guided-missile option (slot7)
      crossbow from hexen2 (slot8 )
      a plasma-gun which looks like the multigun (slot8 )
      and lastly a powered-up version of the lightning-gun (slot8 )

and it also adds a whole bunch of new power-ups:
      cross of deflection
      shotgun optimizer
      twin-shot
      pendant of reflection
      two rejuvinators
      boots of flight
      and a some more

could you perhaps make a version of your CSQC mod which supports that mod and includes the option to add custom icons for all those weapons,
      and supports custom hud icons for the included new powerups on-screen when they are active?

you can get the drake-mod from here if you need it to make the version of CSQC hud for the mod: http://www.quaketastic.com/upload/fi.../drakebeta.zip

EDIT: updated link to version of drake-mod which includes source
      Last edited by talisa; 11-21-2013, 06:35 PM.
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Nice work _Smith_!!!
        I was Just looking for the old editor when you posted this.Should make another fine addition to your work,TY sir.
        WARNING
        May be too intense for some viewers.
        Stress Relief Device
        ....BANG HEAD HERE....
        ---------------------------
        .--------------------------

Comment

great work smith!!
          the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Was this resolved at ssqc level or csqc? I just went through an ordeal where I fixed an older version at sscq level.....

Ok, nevermind, I looked in the files and you are bringing mouse sensitivity to zero to accomplish this.

My ssqc fix was to enforce fixangle = 1 in the intermissionthink () function.

Originally posted by _Smith_ View Post
            [*]Mouselook is now disabled during intermission and finale views on new DP builds too.
            Last edited by Cobalt; 01-31-2014, 09:16 AM.

Comment

I've looked into the code because of Cobalt's message and realised there was an error, that caused mouse sensitivity to always reset, to the value set before game was launched. OP updated with a link to the fixed version.
              Last edited by _Smith_; 01-31-2014, 02:36 PM.

Comment

@Talisa about drake.

I've taken a look at it, but drake mod has few quirks, that for me are not obvious how to handle them and I am a bit burned out atm to dig into it more.
                So I'll pass for now, but will keep it in mind.

@admin that happen to read this

It would be good to remove version number from the thread title
                Last edited by _Smith_; 01-31-2014, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by _Smith_ View Post
                  @Talisa about drake.

I've taken a look at it, but drake mod has few quirks, that for me are not obvious how to handle them and I am a bit burned out atm to dig into it more.
                  ohh i think will be great sharing stuff beetween ssqc and csqc, but it requires ssqc changes....
                  the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Hello,

Yes I can understand Smith. Patrick has a quite special way to code things.
                    He is rewriting almost everything from original Quake in his mod. Even things he did not use in a different way has been rewritten. It is like a QuakeC-Redo.
                    But on the other side I like his style as it is the most consequent way of coding I have read so far.

On the other hand, Nahuel would be a huge support, as he has the biggest csqc experience due to his game he is working on at the moment. A combination of ssqc and csqc would make sense and the fact that Patrick seems not active (in the forums I visit) anymore a Drake ssqc update is maybe not coming too soon. So we can use the existing source. But you never know of course... Tronyn should know details.

But in the end, also a 2D artist would be needed to create the missing HUD textures.

For mods like Drake or others that bring new weapons it makes sense to code a CSQC HUD, as the regular existing ones are not supporting them.
                    The effort for a Quake replacement HUD is huge compared to its use, as it basically only moves the HUD textures to different positions. Which I enjoy a lot ! Most efforts are made to copy the behaviour from original HUD into CSQC HUD.
                    But in the end it is fully customizable and a perfect opportunity to dive into csqc coding/learning, as we see at inside3d as well.
                    The next step would be a csqc menue (used for custom games) and after that the inventory.

CSQC is without a doubt the future for extended Quake coding. And fortunately inside3d is now recognising and taking account of the fact by creating separate subfolders.
                    Unfortunately supporting engines are still too few. But lets see what the future brings.

Best wishes,
                    Seven

Comment

about missing hud textures for version of CSQC hud for drake:
                      i would gladly help with providing hud-icons for all the new powerups and weapons

im a huge fan of the drake-mod, and id gladly help with making icons for all of the new weapons and powerups that are included with the drake-mod

i could make use my own HD-models that ive made for use with drake-mod
                      http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...er-ups-hd.html
                      and make icons of those models,

and make the icons match the style of seven's hud-icons
                      http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...-hud-menu.html
                      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

there's an error in the rogue version of the hud when using the 3rd variation:

the icons for RL and LG are in the same position

Comment

Working...
                        X