Toxic Refinery Deathmatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reaku View Post
    That's one of my problems, I can't really host anymore, either I get port forwarding, or the connection where I am decides that I've been having too much fun online, and things it's time to stop working.
    Hi Reaku,

If you want to try it on a server for a short period of testing let me know as we could probably put on it on one of the Damage (UK), New York (USA) or Flanders (BE) servers for you if you have a few ppl that can test it for you. Let me know if this is of any help to you. Peg and Pol are usually good testers if you ask them nicely I'm sure they will lend a hand

Kind regards

Monty
    Last edited by Mr.Burns; 05-16-2014, 02:48 AM.
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

How to release a map:
      lowercase the filenames
      add a readme file
      compress all into a zip file
      name it all the same: toxdm01.bsp, toxdm01.txt, toxdm01.zip
      Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Spirit does have a point
        I'm sure if you put together a release in the way he has suggested and this is your final version then he may be able put it on Quaddicted.com for you (hint hint) There are plenty of good examples of maps and the way by which the mappers grab your attention when they release it. You might need a thick skin though as not all reviews are necessarily 100% favourable.

Hope this helps

Monty
        Mr.Burns
        "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
        WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
        Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Hello Reaku,

Your screenshots are looking good.
          I am missing monsters, but I guess that is normal in DM maps

Just like people above me mentioned:
          Wrap it up in a nice little .zip file and sent it to Spirit.
          When Spirit mentiones it on his news page, you will get a lot of testers and feedback for sure.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

Yeah, I should've done that with packing the file, my mistake, I'll be sure to be more punctual with that in future releases, as for the names, I grew used to doing that when it came to making Doom maps, where I had to keep a file name short and to the point, it's an old habit that I'm still fighting, especially with the capitalization of everything.

Testing wise, I have looked into FTE, and that will become my main for online, getting people around to test was something odd, since I literally just rolled in, I'm greatly appreciative of the offers to test these out, and I'll notify those offering when I get a new map made.

Something else to say, some of my future maps, will have their own inset textures, which means I'll be including a texture pack as a separate download for those who wish to use what I had. It's the fact that I enjoy making new textures for things that weren't included at the time of development.

Thank you everyone for the comments, and pointing out some mistakes I made too easily!

Comment

Working...
            X