No announcement yet.

some HD stuff for use with quoth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just did fang1. nothing to special for this texture since its very simple and only used for the teeth at the silver key location

just upscaled it to 8x original size, applied some smoothing and added a light texture-filter over it to appear more HD-ish
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• just did kmetr_wyrd and kmetr_6w both
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• just did the r32_ textures

just 17 more textures to go now!

the last and final update to the pack will come when i also did those final couple textures

Comment

• Look awesome...can't wait for the final release!!!

Comment

• and just got a couple more textures done:

thanx gdiddy!
            it wont be long anymore now, just 13 textures to go!

Comment

• and shazaam, one more anim-set of 5 textures done!

just 7 textures more to go now, of which 5 are part of another animated texture

EDIT: and yet another texture done!
              Last edited by talisa; 04-29-2015, 07:45 AM.

Comment

• 8 left of 212!! Wow! Your stamina and determination is quite impressive. It seems like you have a system and you approach these textures methodically. May I suggest that when you finish this texture set, you put your methods to the side and learn new methods.

I'm not saying this due to any errors or sloppy textures. Your work looks very nice. I'm saying this because 212 textures later it is safe to assume you have mastered your system. You have skills but, they could be even better if you leave your comfort zone for some uncomfortable zone where you will eventually find comfort. Just a suggestion.

Congratulations on this huge accomplishment! I couldn't even imagine remaking hundreds of textures. I don't want to remake even 1 (lol). I also hope your bursitis is doing better.

edit: Is that scribble scratch on the back wall of your top image a filtered and retouched piece of the constitution of the USA? I could totally see that being pulled from somewhere near the center bottomish of the document, broken into vectors against a contrast range and "smoothened".

Last edited by MadGypsy; 04-29-2015, 08:07 AM.
                http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• thanx gypsy!
                  and yes, after so many textures ive got the hang of how to use paintshop's filters and tools to get good-looking results quickly.
                  and i use the same couple tools and filters a lot for every texture.

i have PSPimage's saved from a bunch of the more complex textures.
                  when im done with the pack ill also share those PSPimage files
                  so you and (anyone else) can see what i did to create the textures

also haha no, i used a special font i have for that texture, which is called 'the written word'.

its specially made to look like faded written words, while in reality it says absolutely nothing

i also used the same font for the pages of the book i made for drake & hexen2

you can get the font for free here: Free Fonts | LettError

its very usefull for when you need to make a texture for a book or anything which has text on it but needs to look like it could say anything.
                  Last edited by talisa; 04-29-2015, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• ....and the last couple textures are done too!

these last two textures i couldnt actually find where they are used and there wasnt much i could do with them, so they arent as fancy as most others

some color-adjusting, smoothing and put a texture-filter over this one

blurred the line-pattern's colors so they flow over into each other,
                    overlayed a texture over them so the lines' colors didnt look so flat,
                    and added an emboss filter to make the pattern appear kinda 3D-ish.

this means that the texture-pack is now complete!

later today i will pack them all after updating the credits note,
                    and then ill post the final complete texture-pack for 'Conference of the Shamblers'

Comment

• as promised, the complete HD textures pack has been uploaded!

as usual, find link to updated version which now includes all textures in first post of thread

also, for those interested, here are the PSPimage (PaintShop Pro) files from a bunch of the more complex textures
                      so you can see what i did to achieve the looks of the textures, and perhaps learn from them
                      https://www.dropbox.com/s/pc36m0a4nb...mages.rar?dl=0
                      Last edited by talisa; 05-02-2015, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• just found out there were accidentially 2 textures that i overlooked: kmetrim1 & kmetrim2!

luckily they were easy to make as they were just versions of kmetr_32h with parts from kbrick2 and kbrick4 overlayed.

ive made a little update pk3 with the two textures in them instead of repacking the entire texture-pack
                        as i feel it would be silly to make you guys re-download a huge pk3 for two additional textures.

you can find the link to the update addon in first post of thread

Comment

• lil preview of what i am working on next: all the corpses from quoth.
                          am using sitters corpse-models, which imo are perfect for quake since they are so gory and disgusting-looking.

corpse_flay (hanging corpse) is done already. used hang8 for both full corpses, and used hang9 for the torn-apart corpse

corpse_imp (impaled corpse) i am currently working on. just finished posing the body correctly for the first frame
                          model has 11 frames total, so it'll take me a bit to do all the frames

I edited the textures of the models to make the corpses wear the quake-guy pants,
                          which i took from ruohis player-model and edited to make them green and make them appear ripped just like on the original corpses
                          Last edited by talisa; 05-03-2015, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• thank you very much for the final release. knave themed maps are my personal favorite and the new texture pack of yours brings them to the whole new level. i tested several of them so far and i don't even know what to say... simple wow is just not enough :-). of course, the conference of shamblers beats everything 'cause all the textures are replaced and the nothing disrupts overall impression, but nastrond, lost chapters and the rest is silence look amazing. there is always only a few not-replaced textures. have to log out and test the rest of them...

once again thanks

jakub
                            my projects so far:

Travail retextured ___/___ Knave HD textures
                            Tronyn in high definiton ___/___Abyss of Pandemonium HD textures
                            Nehahra rtlights and other experiments

Comment

• wow really nice work! keepin the game alive heh!
                              My Avatars!
                              Quake Leagues
                              Quake 1.5!!!
                              Definitive HD Quake

Comment

• from textures to models....

Are you on adderall? I'm just kidding. Good work!
                                http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Working...
                                X