some HD stuff for use with quoth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @jakub1 and sylux
    thank you both, glad you're enjoying my work!

@gypsy
    hahaha... i dont need drugs to keep myself going, im high on quake <3
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• @drugs

I know you don't do drugs (nor was I trying to say that you do). You have remarkable stamina. Most people would take a break after redoing 200+ textures. You move to models (lol).

That's actually one of the things I love about you... really good dedication to your projects. Keep up the excellent work!
      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• LOL, hey... you and I are the only 2 members on the entire site right now. Which means nothing (of course) but it's a little weird. Lets get some alcohol and trash the place! Solecord probably wont care as long as we dont inject malware into the database.

::leads you into the quakeone living room::

me: "Daaaaang, this place is kind of a dump. OK. Grab that lamp over there and throw it through the window."
        you: "but, um, ...."
        me: "It's ok, we'll program a new one. Nike."
        you: "Nike?"
        me :"Yeah, Just Do It."
        you: "But I dunt wanna."
        me: "You can't hang out if you don't break stuff." ::hands you lamp::

{Shambler and Xage show up}
        me: "hey fellas, nobody is guarding the hen house. Wanna get drunk and help us break stuff?"
        xaGe: "why?..."
        me: "Why not?"
        Shambler: "RAAAAWWWWWWWWWWG - KERSMASH!!!!"
        me: "Mazel Tov!"
        xaGe: "Did he just throw a couch through the window?!"
        me: "It's fine dude. All this shit is made of bsps and shaders."
        xaGe: "Oh, well i wonder if this will work"

::xaGe reaches behind himself and magically produces a rocket launcher::

me: "Woah-ho-ho! What the fuck!? You gotta let me blow some shit up with that!"
        xage: "Just get your own."

::I reach behind myself and magically produce an axe::

me: "Man, what kind of shit is this?"
        xaGe, Shambler, talisa: "Hahahahahahahahahah"
        me: "Don't laugh at me!"
        xaGe: "...and what if I do?" ::aiming RL at me::
        me: "You son of a bitch. Don't you dare frag me!"

to be continued.... maybe
        Last edited by MadGypsy; 05-03-2015, 10:20 PM.
        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• haha thank you gypsy

i absolutely looove doing this, and there is till more stuff untill the maps look all fancy everywhere, so i aint stopping any time soon yet!

i wont take a break untill everything about my fave quoth-map looks all sparkly and pretty <3

i actually already started on those corpses before i even finished the last couple textures,
          which was why it took me several days before i finished the last few textures, cuz i was already semi-busy with the next thing

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
          Solecord probably wont care as long as we dont inject malware into the database.
          whaaaa... i totally had nothing to do with that! *makes shifty eyes*

JK of course. i wouldnt even have the sligtest idea how to do something like that,
          and even if i did i wouldnt know why i would ever want to do something like that
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• hi talisa, seems like you are so full of energy that you have to keep yourself busy. well.. you can always complete the whole knave texture pack. that would be awesome.

jakub
            my projects so far:

Travail retextured ___/___ Knave HD textures
            Tronyn in high definiton ___/___Abyss of Pandemonium HD textures
            Nehahra rtlights and other experiments

Comment

• just released corpse_flay, as its done!

as usual, find download to it in first post of thread

also added the WIP-pic of corpse_imp with progress-description to first post

going to take a bit of a break from making quoth-stuff though for now,
              but ill continue some time soon for sure!

im enjoying making stuff for quoth way to much to completely stop

Comment

• had a look at another one of fave knave-maps which uses quoth, Red777

and since pretty much all textures (except 23) used in red777 are the identical to the ones in CotS,
                i decided that instead of creating a new pack, i made an addon for the CotS texture-pack for use with Red777

here's some pics of the new textures from Red777:

as usual find link to the Red777 add-on for CotS texture-pack in first post of thread

for Red777 you will need both the CotS textures AND the red777 add-on pack
                Last edited by talisa; 05-13-2015, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• made a small update to the Red77 addon
                  noticed that i overlooked kstone4archd, which is red version of karch3_1 which is made to match the other kstone4 textures.

also overlooked the r_cruxluminis because its a copy of r_cruxluminis2.
                  so i copied my HD version of r_cruxluminis2 and renamed it to r_cruxluminis and added it to the Red777 addon as well.

find updated version of Red777 addon in first post of thread as usual
                  Last edited by talisa; 05-20-2015, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• another small update, this time to the CotS pack!

during a playthrough yesterday noticed i forgot to make kceil_ml ^^;

didnt realize it was a seperate texture cuz its a copy of kceil1 with r_microluminis embedded in the center

I also made HD versions of all of quoth's differently colored light-orbs

DOWNLOAD HD QUOTH LIGHT-ORBS

i know the 2nd-last one is used in both CotS and Red777,
                    other colors i have no idea if they're even used at all in any other maps
                    Last edited by talisa; 05-22-2015, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• started on a model which i been wanting to do for a while, the Eye-Keys

decided to put a marquise gem in the center of the eye cuz it seemed fitting
                      as imo it makes the eye appear kinda evil as the gem looks kinda like lizard-like iris

also took some inspiration from ruohis' base-keys, mainly for the part with spikes
                      Last edited by talisa; 05-29-2015, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• am almost done with the eye-keys!

just need to edit the gem's textures a bit to add some fake shading to them
                        and then i can get to doing preparations to export them and get them in-game

Comment

• How about making the gems into actual dismembered eyes (keeping there respective colours)?
                          "The key opens it eye and tracks you. Blinking as you approach it."

*creepy*

As always, nice work.

Edited to try and reduce the size of the image but I couldn't work it out. Tried /s & /w /h....
                          Last edited by Adam; 05-29-2015, 07:30 PM.
                          Username : Atomic Robokid on Steam

Please check out my Quake made things:

https://www.indiedb.com/games/run-over
                          https://adam-freeman.itch.io/hazard
                          https://adam-freeman.itch.io/diver
                          https://adam-freeman.itch.io/beyond

Comment

• @adam
                            hmm i have thought about making it kinda look like differently colored versions of sauron's eye from LOTR....
                            but in the end i decided against doing so as it would deviate to much from the original
                            and it would be to much work for a simple key which the player will most likely only see for a second or two before they grab it

also, voila, the gems have shading

tomorrow i will get to exporting the key and making skin-files and shaders and such

Comment

• Looks great as always Talisa. I can't even imagine what kind of gnarly lock those open.

Comment

• thanx mirrorman

Comment

Working...
                                X