Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just finished the eye-keys!

as always, find link to download in first post of thread
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• those look sick! wish you could use them as weapons, they look like they would be useful after even after opening the door...
      My Avatars!
      Quake Leagues
      Quake 1.5!!!
      Definitive HD Quake

Comment

• [thanx sylux! glad you like the keys

haha they do kinda look like you could totally use the bottom part to stab people in the face huh?
        ...or hit someone in the face with the spikes on the side

EDIT: liked them so much i had to put them in start-map of my HD setup

Last edited by talisa; 05-30-2015, 02:32 PM.
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• while making those keys, there was one thing which bugged me....

the sparkles that float around the keys, they were still low-res!
          so i went ahead and fixed that!

also made all other colors, although i have no idea if and where any other colors are used

as usual, find download-link in first post of thread

Comment

• i knew something was missing when i play quake. i just couldn't put my darn finger on it, But now i know! It wasn't sparkly enough!!!!!!

nice work splits <---(lol old times huh?)
            My Avatars!
            Quake Leagues
            Quake 1.5!!!
            Definitive HD Quake

Comment

• cant have enough sparkles, right?!
              everything must be sparkly!

also, thanx!

Comment

• Nice keys and glitter..err sparkles.

Comment

• thanx xage

Comment

• Hey question... How did you make the sparkles?

Comment

• @xage
                      you mean how i made the textures themselves?
                      or did you mean as in how are they done in-game?

if you meant the latter, they use a '.spr' sprite entity similar to the light-orbs
                      they arent particles but instead are sprite entities, which is why they work in stock quake
                      Last edited by talisa; 05-31-2015, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• No no I know how to get it in game. I was guessing you used a radial or square gradient in either gimp or Photoshop. That is how I did something very similar at least. Not as nice as your, but this was a quick 15min or so thing to figure out how it could be done. I only used a square gradient layer rotated 90°, a few bi-linear gradient layers with some Gaussian and motion blur for the light streaks. Its transparent and I threw it on a black background layer to make it stand out.

Comment

• @xage
                          yeah you get the idea.
                          just used a circular radiant and 2 more lines

Comment

• just moved both of the texture-packs for 'Conference of the Shamblers' and 'Red777' to this thread instead:
                            http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...s-sp-maps.html

^ so to anyone wondering where the texture-packs went, check the above thread ^

imo makes much more sense to have those texture-packs linked there instead,
                            and to keep this thread purely for 3D models and HD upgrades for quoth-items

Comment

• Are you still working on that corpse model? the impaled one
                              Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• atm.... no

first need to look up a good tutorial how to do vertex animation in blender
                                so that i can do all the frames of the model without needing to include an additional copy of the model for every single frame

Comment

Working...
                                X