X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ty gdiddy

just re-did the toes and did the rest of the foot:

EDIT:
    and just did the first piece above the feet... guess could consider it the ankle?

rivets taken from QRP +0button texture

stretchings i cant do anything about, its cuz of the crappy UV-mapping of the model
    almost makes you wanna go and... re-make it, or something like that
    Last edited by talisa; 06-16-2014, 03:28 PM.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

more progress on the edie!

getting there, couple more parts remaining
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

This is good stuff, Talisa. You're getting better at making textures. Keep up the good work!

edit: I was a page back when I wrote that and didn't see the Edie. That thing looks ridiculous. I'm not speaking of your textures. I mean the monster looks ridiculous. Tha fuq is that supposed to be? It's like an Ogre plopped on a failed AT-AT, carrying a KISS guitar with a toaster headstock..

LSD, the breakfast of champions
        Last edited by MadGypsy; 06-17-2014, 11:08 AM.
        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

thanx gypsy

pretty much all of it is copy&paste work of textures from fraggers, QRP & webangel
          with some coloration and brightness adjustments made to it

Comment

lmao gypsy at the ogre on an AT-AT comment

the maker of that monster obviously took a lot of inspiration the stroggs from quake2,
            and also from armagon, the final boss of the first official mission-pack

the edie is some weird mash-up monster, but kinda cool in its own way

either way.... made even more progress on it!

did the base where the torso of the ogre sits on, using QRP's wizmet1_1 texture, and metalt2_8 for the blood on top.
            also colorized the rivets on the ankle-piece to be same color as the ones on upper-leg, even though thats not visible on the pic.

getting really close to finished now, just the part at the back of his right elbow, and some bars and then it'll be done

Comment

I'm loving it. It would be awesome to have it bare chest like the original, but also in this way it's killer.

PS: Where I can find fragger skins (enhanced version). The link is broken

Comment

dun dun dun..... the Edie is done!

DOWNLOAD HD EDIE FOR QUOTH
                includes glow-map so both his normal eye and the cybernetic one glow in the dark

hope you all will enjoy this hi-res skin!
                im far from a professional texture-artist, but i did my best on it.
                Last edited by talisa; 06-17-2014, 04:39 PM.

Comment

@ironwarfare
                  thanx. hope you'll enjoy the finished version

afraid im not good enough at texturing to actually give him a bare chest though.

when i just checked i can indeed confirm that the link to kingennio's enhanced version of fraggers textures has expired.

EDIT:
                  uploaded kingennio's enhanced versions to dropbox! check my HD-content thread, i added a working link below link to thread

Comment

kewl!
                    My Avatars!
                    Quake Leagues
                    Quake 1.5!!!
                    Definitive HD Quake

Comment

The new Eddie looks really cool shaping up.

Although, I wondered what is really the difference between Eddie and the Nail gun ogres in Quoth. They seem so similar in execution other than just the model that it seems kinda redundant.

Comment

thanx legend and sylux

hmm the nailgun ogre shoots one shot of 4nails per attack, kinda like a shotgun blast.
                        and the edie fires 16nails in row at you with his SNG per attack

thats really the only difference except for the model.
                        well, and the edie is tougher of course!
                        Last edited by talisa; 06-18-2014, 03:05 AM.

Comment

yw. Can't wait to see how it comes out when you're done.

I actually quit using hd textures and monster skins cause there is not enough of consistent material. Quoth would be the one I want to see the most. That and a good fiend skin that is closer to the original. I haven't seen one that is nearly as good as the original.

The reforged version is cool, but so far away from the original fiend, that it just doesn't work for me. It looks more like a bat than a demonic cheshire cat that the original reminded me of.

First time I encountered the demon so many years ago in e1m2, it scared the living hell out of me!

Comment

@legend
                            you mustve overlooked this post http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...tml#post147644
                            i did finish the Edie

if you want a fiend which scares the living hell out of you,
                            you should check out the hi-poly model OoPpEe converted from the shambler's castle doom3 mod
                            http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...axe-added.html

especially with seanstar's darker skin (right) it looks scary
                            darker skin you can get here
                            Last edited by talisa; 06-18-2014, 04:29 AM.

Comment

@ Talisa:

I didn't mean when Eddie was finished. I meant when you finish all the Quoth guys. :

I have seen and used the shambler's castle models and skins, but as far as the Fiend goes, they are still missing that really creepy "wicked smile" and lack of eyeballs that the original had.

Comment

lack of eyes? the fiend has very obvious eyes even in the original skin
                                Last edited by talisa; 06-18-2014, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X