Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative Weapon Sets

Dear all,

As many of you know, Ruohis made replacement models for almost all models in Quake. Including a great number of different weapon sets. Some are well known, as they are used in all of the "Quake compilations", but some are quite unknown, because they have been made before them or in parallel to them. And they almost got lost together with the loss of the famous quakeworld.nu thread which Ruohis used to share his beta models during his development phase.

These are alternative, not well known, Weapon sets by Ruohis from 2004. Some textures reworked by RaRe. The below clip shows some of them in-game (there are more in the download). I only repositioned the view-weapons for the clip with a small qc mod to better make them visible in-game. They are really amazing models and it would be a pitty if they got unnoticed/lost.

If you want some different weapon models in your Quake, or if you are looking for some great weapon models for your Quake mod, you should try those. I had to immediately think of Dutch and his Quake mods. Maybe some are interesting/useful. The RL view-model could also be used as a flamethrower with its pipes along the weapon...

My personal favorits are the grenade launcher and the second supernailgun.

Have fun.
    Seven

DOWNLOAD

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHCQoL_EQ3I&list=UUbX7uVIXqMzBza0YmLJuMdw]Quake alternative weapon sets - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by Seven; 05-23-2015, 12:34 PM. Reason: re-uploaded screenshots

interesting looking weapon models.
    they have sorta like a Q3A feel to them imo

the RL is used in kleshik as a flechette, and iirc that GL is used in some mods as enforcer lasergun

will make an additional mirror for them and add them to list in my replacement content thread
    so they will never get lost cuz there will always be a mirror for them!
    Last edited by talisa; 10-03-2014, 04:38 AM.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

@Seven! This is great! Thank you so much for sharing! I had no idea about some of these. Rouhis website has been down for some time. Some of these are used in Kleshik which is a favorite mode of mine. Like the flechette and the lasergun as talisa mentioned. I see many possibilities with these! Oh the chaingun is nice! So very cool! Thanks again, Seven!

Comment

Nice as an alternative for some of my Quake folders!

Comment

very cool!

Comment

These are sweet! They have a futuristic look to them, could easily be repurposed as energy weapons or what not. Love the grenade launcher. Nice find Seven.
            'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Yes! A name I can credit for the models I stole! I still feel very bad that I didn't do any book keeping as I wantonly took assets anywhere and never credited them properly.

Thanks mucho for the post.

Comment

like that GL, its perfect as replacement for the blaster in NSOE imo <3

remembering it being used in kleshik for enforcer lasergun gave me idea to try it for that, and it fits perfectly imo
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Working...
                X