No announcement yet.

Abyss of Pandemonium RT Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing .ent files can't fix, I'm sure : )
    Steel Sentinels remake project developer since 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Pringles Man View Post
      Nothing .ent files can't fix, I'm sure : )
      Would be really awesome, because I hope to apply the same HD rain to Zerstorer map, set in the graveyard (zer1m3). But in that map the rain appears only after you reach certain areas, not at the start of the map.
      Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Pringles Man View Post
        No problem. Maybe I will work on weather for AoP to help further revive it. No promises yet, but seems like a good idea.

And apparently AoP had a soundtrack! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2ue3Gm5EGk

If anyone has this soundtrack, please share it!
        Uh, I have the soundtrack, but in this I hear tracks that I don't have.
        Last edited by Blood Vengeance; 06-10-2015, 01:05 PM.
        Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Forgot to mention in the beginning the start map >_>

This has got to be the darkest map in the whole pack. I think that you should make the blue floor lights extend to about 300 or so (and make them more blue), and add a light to the front door, so you can see it much better...

Wait, a minute. Did you forget to do this one? Red lamps aren't casting red lights, and the same goes with the yellow lamps. Hints like those are kinda telling me you missed something here.

Comment

I'll work also on start map (it was my first rtlight map ever). As for soundtrack, I've got an improved version of the music and sounds (better quality). The reason why I never heard a track in AoP is because in game doesn't work! I think the first track should be the track of first level in AoP, but first level has no music. Also another map has no music. Uh, also the sountrack should be fixed. I'm uploading the better quality music/sound for AoP
            Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Lol also forgot to mention the extremely obscure aopdm maps. Think they're worth working on?

Comment

I usually don't work on DM maps, even on Zerstorer I did the same thing. Is Darkplaces used for multiplayer? I don't play MP, but for what I know, people who play MP prefer other engines
                Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Sort of. Some people use it. Although aopdm maps aren't even listed on the multiplayer menu because the code wasn't implemented, so I don't think anyone will ever play them. Even the known mission packs (SoA and DoE) are abandoned with nobody playing their multiplayer, so I think it is safe to assume those maps will never really be played, let alone seen by anybody.

Comment

Here's the link to AoP better quality music/sounds. Don't know who the original author is since it's included in Quake Epsilon MP3 addon, and it's a compilation. Anyway if the original author has something to say, I'll remove the link and recreate a new, a friend of mine works with sound and music as his job and can make this in a matter of minutes, so no problem and enjoy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3694n0509...Music.pk3?dl=0
                    Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Thanks man. Although how are the sounds better quality? But I've been meaning to ask, is it possible for you to have dlits done for this expansion?

Also some random things I missed before:

In AoP2M1, the big room with the yellow armor I feel should be more pronounced. Add some light around the yellow armor and to the crosses or something. And the final room is too bright. Make the lights blinking or lower the intensity in more places than one, as it is quite bright in there. Also, the platform leading up to the first jesus button is in complete darkness. Try to make it seeable somehow.
                      Last edited by Pringles Man; 06-11-2015, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Don't know if they are truly improved, i think they are balanced in term of loudness. Yes, Dlits are done with WinMHColour. I can upload them. About Aop2m1 i'll work on that map, so all the maps are done. Thanks for the feedback

Dlits are done, here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jx4zs2fekd...DLITS.pk3?dl=0

I think I'll create a single thread with all about Abyss of Pandemonium (textures, sound, rtlights and other improvements like those done by Seven). I've done the mod to have differente Enforcer even if you use Tabun model (thanks Seven), but I'll upload it when I'm truly satistified with enforcer new skin.
                        Last edited by Blood Vengeance; 06-12-2015, 03:49 AM.
                        Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Hey, there are several things I must mention after playing through the mod again.

Start map:

In the hell passage, if you play without RTlights, you will notice that the lights scroll from the front of the passage to the back of the passage over and over. With the RT world enabled, this doesn't happen. I assume it is because you might have copy/pasted the lights instead of editing each one individually.

AoP1m2:

The silver key room is dark without the RT world enabled, and the lights are activated when you pick up the key. When the RT world is enabled, the lights are always on. I guess this is for the same reason.

AoP1m3:

There are blinking lights in the beginning of the base with the RT world off. Not with it on though.

Two blinking lights in the corridor past the door after heading down the first elevator. In between them is a light activated by a trigger_once entity. Not with the RT world on though...

The giant room with the crates has a trigger activated light.

Blinking and activated lights right outside the elevator leading into the cave section. More blinking lights in the cave.

Blinking lights in the juggernaut room and at the end of the bridge leading out of it.

Blinking lights in the final room.

AoP2m1:

The lightning effect that occurs when you kill knights does not occur with the RT world on. Same reason as usual I assume.

Whatever, I guess you get the idea. Since activated/triggered lights can't be corrected once you've pasted over them (or at least I never found a way), I don't think you should redo your entire beautiful mod just for the sake of them. But at least add the blinking and animated lights where possible.

Also, in maps with decorated ceilings like AoP1m4,

I moved the light above the sky barrier, and then to the side. The difference is profound. Look at these shadows!!! I suggest you do this in every map that you put the sky light below ceilings with special geometry.

Comment

I've copied/paste many lights to speed up the work, so I don't know/remember where blinking lights were. About lights activated by trigger, I can't do anything. Only thing I can do is improve other lights reading your impressions/feedback. Maybe tomorrow I'll upload another version of AoP rtlights. When all is perfect, I hope to received feedback also on other RTlights I've done (beyond belief, zerstorer, final descent)
                            Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Working...
                            X