This and That ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear all,

1st post has been updated with some new items.
    The youtube clips are currently only available in 360p. It seems to take youtube.com some more time than normal to also make the higher resolutions available...
    It should be all right in a couple of hours I guess/hope.

5.) Improved Health Boxes
    I found this little jewel at quaketastic.com and wanted to share it with others who didnt know it yet. Unfortunately no author name is mentioned. I only converted the small health box to MD3 so that it can use different replacement textures. And added QRP textures for both health boxes with some additional normals.
    It is a great work, which adds small additions to the original health boxes so that it is no longer a flat box, but that makes the difference.
    Thank you to the original author for those nice models.
    DOWNLOAD

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsnwZNFIXQc[/ame]

6.) New torch
    I found a new torch model and textures from different authors and combined them into one torch. Modified the model size and shape to make it fit to Quake universe. Edited the textures and created a glow effect to make it complete.
    This torch can be used with the Small Mod Compilation aka SMC v5.0 or newer.
    Model by IceKK
    Upper part texture by Yuril
    Lower part texture by BuzzDee84
    Thank you very much to the original authors.
    DOWNLOAD

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u86vKWSdlm4[/ame]

7.) Mutant monster Demon replacement
    frag.machine from insideqc.com mentioned that the Mutant monster would fit nicely in Quake. So I worked with the mutant, reworked his animations and ported the Mutant into Quake as an optional replacement for the Demon/Fiend.
    It can be used with vanilla Quake as well as the Small Mod Compilation. It has all the prerequisites for the additional SMC features.
    DOWNLOAD

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMZZOIDZ_ik[/ame]

Maybe some people find these things useful...

Best wishes,
    Seven

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
      Hello Resurrected,

Do you refer to this auto_closed thread ?
      http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...lacements.html

If yes, then this is what you want I guess:
      Zippyshare.com - Hellknight and Knight incl. head replacement models.zip

Be aware that the models need a qc modification to have proper movement in game.
      They work without a qc mod, but they sometimes "slide"/"ice" over the floor.

Be also aware that the hellknight replacement made it way into the smc some time ago with proper movement and a lot of additional abilities. I called him "warlord".
      The knight model didnt make it into the smc because people didnt vote for him.
      I personally use him as a random knight replacement though, as he is refreshingly different compared to the regular knight and his sharp axe animations are really nice.

Have fun with it.
      Seven
      Sorry to be a bother. Any chance of re-uploding those again? The link is dead again.

The mutant is pretty cool. I think he needs a tail though. Where did it come from?

Comment

Great stuff Seven!!

Thank you!!

Comment

Originally posted by Legend View Post
          Sorry to be a bother. Any chance of re-uploding those again? The link is dead again.

The mutant is pretty cool. I think he needs a tail though. Where did it come from?
          The mutant is from q2. He was an absolute bitch to deal with lol

Nice job Seven!
          'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Hello,

Thank you very much for your feedbacks.

Hello Legend,

Did the Dopefish eat the files again ?
            In that case I will upload it to a safer place where it cannot be eaten again:
            DOWNLOAD

Aye, the Mutant was created in a borked lab deep within the Quake 2 universe.
            But he was only used in 2 maps of the complete game !! What a waste for such a beautiful creature. That is why some people might not know him.

The mutant fits better into Quake 1.
            And you might not believe it, but when I finished porting him over to Quake 1, I had a talk with him and after a terrifying growl he thanked me and vanished into the dark Quake maps...

Just this morning when I fired up Quake 1 again, I saw him in one map, getting into trouble with one of the Ogres ! They both wanted to be leader and it ended up in a deadly fight.

Luckily I had my snap-cam with me !

First it looked as the Ogre would be superior in the fight due to his sharp chainsaw:

But then the luck has turned and the Mutant could rip some meat out of the Ogres chest:

Unfortunately in the end it was unfair play from the Ogre: He squeezed his bloody chainsaw deep into the Mutant´s nuts:

So, the Ogre is still leader in Quake 1 but the Mutant seeks for deadly revenge. To be continued....

Have fun with your new monsters and stuff
            Seven

Comment

Thank you Seven!

Comment

Hello,

1st post has been updated with some new items.

8.) Some new weapon models
                Some new not so well known weapon models for Quake.
                I took only some of the authors compilation and showed them in the below youtube clip. There are more weapons included in the packs.

First 3 are from dwere: download is in post #1344
                Last 3 are part from loga_m´s replacement weapon pack
                I had to adjust and tilt loga_m´s model positions a little to match the regular Quake model positions (as shown in the youtube clip).

Can be used in all quake engines.
                [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEcGiMM0OdM[/ame]

Be sure to keep on track with the thread at func_msgboard, as dwere is reworking ALL original Quake weapons. His latest collection can be downloaded at post #1409 from there.
                Here are 2 new sample screenshots:
                http://imgur.com/4bj2m3m
                http://imgur.com/vMJuLHR

Maybe some people find these things useful...

Best wishes,
                Seven

Comment

Mutant vs ogre

the zombie could kick both there asses just saying...

i like the new shotguns and the other guns look cool its just not quake1 to me. the super nail gun looks amazing but is too far from the original to me to give that kind of nostalgia im looking for when playing quake.

Comment

Originally posted by JDSTONE View Post
                    Mutant vs ogre

the zombie could kick both there asses just saying...
                    Hehe,
                    yes, the mutant could never kill a zombie but the ogre has the weapon that´s needed to bring him back to hell

Originally posted by JDSTONE View Post
                    i like the new shotguns and the other guns look cool its just not quake1 to me. the super nail gun looks amazing but is too far from the original to me to give that kind of nostalgia im looking for when playing quake.
                    Yes sure, loga_m´s weapons are an interpretation. They are amazingly animated though. I never saw weapon models with such an ornate animation. Everything moves and shakes and it feels so real. It is an outstanding work and should be appreciated.

While dwere´s new weapon set is absolutely faithful. But no more edgy. It is smoothed out in every aspect. Really nice work. Find the download and some screenshots in my above post.
                    While his older weapons (posted above as well and shown in the clip) are also an interpretation and not always faithful. I like his shotgun very much though. It adds a personal touch and still remains faithful. A keeper for me.

The reason why I posted their work is, that you have something new to try out and play around with. Their work is almost not known to the majority, so they have to be mentioned somewhere at quakeone.
                    Try them and you maybe find a new favorite (or 2 ...).

Have fun,
                    Seven

Comment

For those of you who like the waterfall, there is something similar available for you to download if you didnt know it yet, here: click me softly
                      Link is dead. May we have a re-up, please?
                      ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
                      ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Originally posted by bfg666 View Post
                        Link is dead. May we have a re-up, please?

For those of you who like the waterfall, there is something similar available for you to download if you didnt know it yet, here: click me softly
                        Hello bfg666,

The famous and amazing quakeone.com autolock-feature prevents me to reupload anything in a locked thread.
                        Admin and mods doesnt seem to care, so...
                        You can ask to reopen the thread if you like.

The thread you linked contains so many features, which one you are interested in ?
                        Can you show a screenshot or youtube clip of the effect you would like and I am able to send it to you.
                        Be aware though, for most of them you need the SMC.

Best wishes,
                        Seven

Comment

Well your "click me softly" link pointed to the water pipes added to E1M1. Maybe you can repost them here? I've browsed the rest of that closed thread and the hanging chains look interesting as well - BTW, did you rework them as suggested by, uh, MadGypsy I think?

Comment

Hello bfg666,

I included everything that can be seen in the below clips into one single easy to use drag&drop file.
                            You can select/deselect all of these effects:
                            • weather effects
                            • steam particles & sounds
                            • water pipes & water particles
                            • slime haze / bubbles
                            • additional ambience sounds
                            • grass / fern models
                            • barrel models
                            • broken computer sparks & particles

DOWNLOAD

You can use these effects as base to create your own if you want...

Here are 2 important tutorials to guide you step by step through this process:
                            TUT: Creating Rain + Snow + Fog in DarkPlaces
                            TUT: Add particle effects + models + sounds into Quake via .ent files in DarkPlaces

Additional effects, samples and tutorials are included for the start map inside of the SMC download.

Have fun,
                            Seven

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdrP07el_1U&feature=plcp&context=C3e2b8a8U DOEgsToPDskIA8SlHEqdMQSJYVDt5j-UM[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG3IUNuApo0&list=UUbX7uVIXqMzBza0YmLJuMdw& index=1&feature=plcp[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYJoRFefgTI&feature=plcp&context=C305e501U DOEgsToPDskLVqtl4XpVEeu1L8JicgEen[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzAKH518srY&feature=plcp[/ame]
                            Last edited by Seven; 01-12-2017, 12:19 PM. Reason: re-uploaded

Comment

Wow, thanks! Also, I knew about the first tutorial but not the second one, so thanks for that too. You rock!

And what about the chains? Are they included in the latest SMC?

Comment

Thanks for the new toys Seven!

Comment

Working...
                                X