Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abyss of Pandemonium: new, improved and reforged!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArrrCee View Post
    This is looking great, good job BV!
    Thanks ArrrCee, and thanks for letting this thread go on news section
    Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Vengeance View Post
      These textures got the same name as some base quake 1 textures but old texture appear behind it even if they have their own norm and gloss, quite weird.
      from experience with this same kinda thing, id say the cause is probably that your new norm and gloss-maps have JPG or PNG file-extension,
      while the original ID textures by the QRP team all have the TGA file-extension.

darkplaces will load files in alphabetic order depending on file-name as well as file-extension.
      so if it finds a TGA in one pk3 and a JPG in another pk3, the TGA will over-ride the JPG
      because of the file-extensions, regardless of the load-order of the pk3's themselves.

simple solution: convert all your new textures to TGA
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
        from experience with this same kinda thing, id say the cause is probably that your new norm and gloss-maps have JPG or PNG file-extension,
        while the original ID textures by the QRP team all have the TGA file-extension.

darkplaces will load files in alphabetic order depending on file-name as well as file-extension.
        so if it finds a TGA in one pk3 and a JPG in another pk3, the TGA will over-ride the JPG
        because of the file-extensions, regardless of the load-order of the pk3's themselves.

simple solution: convert all your new textures to TGA
        They already in .tga format. This is the weird thing
        Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Currently trying to make skill selection textures
          Make Quake Great Again

Comment

I don't need the soundtrack myself since I already have it, but for others... You soundtrack link points to Tabun Enforcer skin file. A simple copy/paste error, I presume.

As for the project, NICE! Looking forward to new stuff!
            MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

Originally posted by hgdagon View Post
              I don't need the soundtrack myself since I already have it, but for others... You soundtrack link points to Tabun Enforcer skin file. A simple copy/paste error, I presume.

As for the project, NICE! Looking forward to new stuff!
              Fixed, thanks for reporting it!
              Make Quake Great Again

Comment

thanks very much, great work!

any chance to get the source code from "abyss of pandemonium"?
                would be great!

Comment

Originally posted by smd View Post
                  thanks very much, great work!

any chance to get the source code from "abyss of pandemonium"?
                  would be great!
                  About AoP source, I'm the most ignorant guy here, I think the only one who can provide it is someone behind team Impel
                  Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Do anyone tried to decompile the dat file?
                    Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

Thanks!
                      Fórum QuakeBrasil

Lots of Quake related stuff

Comment

Originally posted by ezzetabi View Post
                        Do anyone tried to decompile the dat file?

i tried with frikqcc27, but it doesnt work with windows 64bit

Comment

Corrected some rtlights, especially blinking lights in start map and aop1m2/aop1m2/aop1m3 (base maps) matching their vanilla AoP counterparts. I'm finishing to test them then RTlights are upgraded to v2.1 and put to upload
                          Make Quake Great Again

Comment

RTlights updated to 2.1, link in first post.
                            Make Quake Great Again

Comment

These are probably the best RTlights anyone has ever made for any expansion for Quake ever. Seriously beautiful. I don't think you could have made them any better man, great work. I'm busy as hell cause of work and school, so when I got time, I'll post the sound upgrade.
                              Steel Sentinels remake project developer since 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Pringles Man View Post
                                These are probably the best RTlights anyone has ever made for any expansion for Quake ever. Seriously beautiful. I don't think you could have made them any better man, great work. I'm busy as hell cause of work and school, so when I got time, I'll post the sound upgrade.
                                I'm glad that you liked. Don't worry, take all the time you need of course!
                                Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Working...
                                X