Shambler HD Remake Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shambler HD Remake Released!

Its time to upgrade the old shambler with a new model that it always deserved! I always felt that for such a fearsome and imposing beast the vanilla version was a little lacking. So with no further delay I give you the new and improved Shambler HD remake!

It comes with a brand new mesh and animations, plus an additional head gib replacement for consistency.

I hope you like it and take it for a spin! If you take any snazzy screenshots of him in action please post it in this thread.

Cheers!

Readme!

Download Link!

Comparison Video!

Video of Shambler in Action!

And my Twitter page if folks want to help spread the word!

Very nice!
    Regular One Man Slaughterhouse

Comment

Looks awesome. Can't wait to try it!

Comment

neat! nicely done improved upgrade of the shambler
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Beautiful on video, but tried in game and it appears with no skin, a plain grey model. What I did wrong? I followed your instructions Skiffy
          Make Quake Great Again

Comment

@bv
            make sure you dont have any other shambler-models in your ID1 folder that include .skin files

and if you're using the SMC you might want to check inside the pk3 and look for and remove shambler skin files in there,
            the smc includes skin-files for the enemies to make the vanilla models compatible with the bloodsplats features
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Never saw that error weird.

I don't use Darkplaces engine myself. I use Fritz or Quakespasm. But windows and Qbism works with it as well. Sounds like this skinfile thing could indeed be the issue. That being said I should look into a darkplaces specific version since I do have an MD3 version of this model as a part of my workflow and fullcolor textures. I'll look into it at one point

Comment

that is the best most faithful sham i ever saw!
                its perfect! great job!
                www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

*CLICKS LIKE*

Wish it was compatible with reforged though. :L
                  Steel Sentinels remake project developer since 2012.

Comment

just plugged it in and tried it, he looks fantastic. the detail has been upped, but he still looks like he belongs in vanilla. Would love to see a fiend or chthon done this way

Comment

great stuff, thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by Amon26 View Post
                        Would love to see a fiend or chthon done this way
                        on the fiend, bloodshot is actually doing that right now
                        http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...tml#post163713
                        http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...tml#post163728

Comment

I'd like to see a Death Knight done in this way. It's the least loved monster, no one even done a model of him
                          Make Quake Great Again

Comment

I saw this on Polycount. Good job!

Comment

Amazing job!

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

Working...
                              X