• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mugwump
    replied
    Originally posted by Dutch View Post
    Sarge from Quake 3 is one of my favorites, and Hoffman from Gears of War
    IMHO, I think it might be best to keep it in the id universe. Sarge and Doomguy would be great. Keel, Visor, Klesk (I think there's a Klesk model for Q1 floating around on the net) and Sorlag too.. The Iron Maiden from Q2. I know Madfox has made an Orbb model for Quake 1, complete with its own sounds. You might wanna ask him for permission to use it. Compared to the Q3A original model it's a little low poly but still cool. He also has a skeleton model that could be used for the Bones character.

I just had this idea that a model of HP Lovecraft might be interesting...

Katria reminds me of Major for some reason, maybe it's the ponytail.

Leave a comment:

• Dutch
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
    Agreed. Well done Sir, some variation in the player model is IMHO massively overdue. Keep up the great work Dutch, this is definitely a big step in the right direction

Kind regards

Monty
    Thank you sir, that's much appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Burns
    replied
    Originally posted by talisa View Post
    awesome, i absolutely looooove your female player model <3
    Agreed. Well done Sir, some variation in the player model is IMHO massively overdue. Keep up the great work Dutch, this is definitely a big step in the right direction

Kind regards

Monty
    Last edited by Mr.Burns; 02-26-2017, 02:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dutch
    replied
    Originally posted by bgf0302 View Post
    This is awesome! I wish the Goldeneye community could/would do this
    Thanks! Man, I haven't played goldeneye in a looong time. That was a fun game. I loved paintball mode lol

Leave a comment:

• bgf0302
    replied
    This is awesome! I wish the Goldeneye community could/would do this

Leave a comment:

• ijazz
    replied
    @kwejko
    I played Quake on Windows 8,8.1 and now 10.Still gamin.

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    maybe you could ask Dwere (Da Werecat) if you could use his reworked weapon-models for v_weps on your models

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...a-werecat.html

personally think his reworked weapons look gorgeous

and even though some may not like it i also love his remake of the grenade-launcher,
    it actually looks like a grenade-launcher & imo looks so much better than goofy 'pipe with handles' from regular quake

Leave a comment:

• Dutch
    replied
    Originally posted by talisa View Post
    also just in general id love a version of her wielding a supershotgun
    That one will definitely happen! The shotguns, launchers, and thunderbolt will remain. I'm replacing the nailguns with rifles (a levergun and an AR-type rifle). I never did like the nailguns as weapons...they work in singleplayer fine but they are less than useless in DM. So all I'd have to do to make a full package of vanilla weapon player models is do the nailguns, which shouldn't be a problem.

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    would absolutely loooove if you did a version of your female player with v_weps

also just in general id love a version of her wielding a supershotgun

Leave a comment:

• Dutch
    replied
    Thanks for the replies!

@kwejko

I'm not sure about Windows 10...I'm sure a modern engine will operate just fine. I'm actually rocking it old school with Windows xp lol

@talisa

Got it, thanks. Yeah that's something I might be interested in....definitely doing it for the MP mod I'm making, but the weapons are a little different. Once I get a workflow, it shouldn't be difficult to do the original weapons.

Leave a comment:

• kwejko
    replied
    Awesome models! It looks very refreshed and smooth. How do you play Quake on Windows 10? I have not installed that yet after the update.

Leave a comment:

• Defender Go Blue
    replied
    Nice model bro, and That happened with the idea of my drawing for the model, they discarded it. Well no problem but would be a very good idea if there was a good multiplayer with multiple and different models of players, do not believe it.

It would be good that on FFA1 servers, FFA! And or rune quake we would be playing with different models of players what do you say?

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    @dutch

w_weapons means that there are multiple copies of the player-model which each wield each of quake's weapons,
    meaning that the player-model will actually be holding the weapon the player has equipped when for example looking in a mirror or in multiplayer

what im talking about is in the same vein as trickle's vweps

for the SMC, each version of the player holding each weapon are called accordingly:

player_shot.mdl - shotgun

player_shot2.mdl - supershotgun

player_nail.mdl - nailgun

player_nail2.mdl - supernailgun

player_rock.mdl - grenadelauncher

player_rock2.mdl - rocketlauncher

player_light.mdl - lightning-gun

they are all copies of the regular player-model with the exact same animations as the normal player-model,
    with the only difference that for each version the weapon-model the player-model is wielding is swapped out

Leave a comment:

• Dutch
    replied
    @gypsy

thanks bro, and yeah I'm up for working on your demon! What kind of a texture are you looking for? RGB or Quake-palette? I feel fairly confident in both at this point...

@talisa

I'm really glad you like her, thanks! As far as the w_weapons version...what does that entail? I tried downloading ruohis' w_weapon model but it looks like it's broken link. Sounds to me like it's a weaponless model, as the weapon models are attached in the engine?

@ijazz

Well, anything can go at the moment...not sure what's next. Sarge from Quake 3 is one of my favorites, and Hoffman from Gears of War is very similar and also my favorite from that game, so I might make a character that pulls traits from these 2 characters. Also on the table is a playable Death Knight, a defector of the elder world that has joined forces with humanity.

But I do like the idea of a young, cocky, trigger-happy JO with a snarky attitude.

Leave a comment:

• ijazz
    replied
    Idea:
    Why not make a junior officer kind of guy!(not because my mod proect has that kind of character)

Backstory goes like he joined one year before Ranger fought hell and then add your stuff to it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X