shoggoths -now with eyes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shoggoths -now with eyes!

i always liked the shoggoth, the creature from lovecraft's mythology that the spawn/tarbaby from quake was based on

but i also always felt the tarbaby in quake was missing something.... he always looked kinda flat and boring.
    the shoggoth is supposed to be a creature of a gooey oily substance, and is described as having eyes all over by lovecraft himself

so first of all, i decided to try my hand at creating normals and gloss-maps for ruohis model to give it the effect of being made of an gooey oil-like substance...
    oil tends to have a weird rainbow-colored glossyness, so i created a rainbow glossmap for ruohis' original skin, which looks absolutely awesome in-game!

next i decided to try my hand at creating 2 alternate skins based on some of my favourite pieces of fan-art of the creature, one dull green one, and one purple-ish one, both with eyes which faintly glow in the dark....

the result.... is the shoggoth finally looking like a oily/gooey creepy-looking beastie!

DOWNLOAD RUOHIS DEFAULT SKIN- ENHANCED

DOWNLOAD ARIOCH'S BLUE SKIN -ENHANCED
    DOWNLOAD GREEN SHOGGOTH WITH EYES
    DOWNLOAD PURPLE SHOGGOTH WITH EYES

ive also thought of my fellow users of seven's SMC, with a ready-to-go pk3 which includes all 4 skins!
    DOWNLOAD TARBABY 4X MULTI-SKIN FOR SMC

just use 'set tarbabymultiskin 4' in your smc_config.cfg

after doing all those skins, i got thinking about ROGUE, which introduces the hellspawns.
    hell-spawns are a green variation of the tarbaby which can infinitely multiply itself if not killed.
    i got the idea to take my tarbaby with eyes idea, and make two green variations with creepy monster-like eyes that glow in the dark.

i gave the hellspawn that duplicates itself red eyes, and added green eyes for the duplicates

DOWNLOAD ENHANCED SPAWN + HELL-SPAWNS

since the SMC doesnt support multi-skin for tarbaby in ROGUE, there is no need for a special SMC pk3

hope you all will enjoy these skins just as much as i do
    Last edited by talisa; 02-27-2017, 09:32 AM.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

I'll give these a try.

Comment

Thanks!
      Fórum QuakeBrasil

Lots of Quake related stuff

Comment

hope some of you enjoy these skins for the tarbaby thats more authentic
        to how lovecraft described the shoggoths (the creature that the spawn is based on)
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Working...
        X