Qoronas:2d_draw in csqc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qoronas:2d_draw in csqc

I was playing with 2draw and projected images in csqc, time ago I made a fake corona-csqc mod, i re made it using more advanced stuff, using:

-customizeentityforclient
    -sending entities to csqc

It will work for all torchs

I also added a lightbeam for start map using r_drawpolygonstuff

The mod is not so good, but is an example to some use of csqc stuff

DARKPLACES ONLY

Download

Enjoy
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

I think it's pretty good for a proof-of-concept. I'm sure if you spent more time on it it would look really good.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
      I think it's pretty good for a proof-of-concept. I'm sure if you spent more time on it it would look really good.
      yeah, my goal was to show a very basic use of csqc + entities +2d stuff. I was fightning a lot with this kind of stuff and finally i did get it (i do not use IRC to bother spike ) SO i just show the example

I'm including all this kind of fake lighting effects for a small non-quake-related project News soon

syluxman2803

Comment

Hello Nahuel,

I took some lessons about csqc at insideqc. toneddu2000 was a very patient teacher

Your corona idea is very good.
        Unfortunately they flicker for me quite much. That somehow destroys the effect. It is a little bit angle dependent. Maybe you can fix this for your upcoming project.

Best of luck for your next project.
        Seven

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
          Hello Nahuel,

I took some lessons about csqc at insideqc. toneddu2000 was a very patient teacher

Your corona idea is very good.
          Unfortunately they flicker for me quite much. That somehow destroys the effect. It is a little bit angle dependent. Maybe you can fix this for your upcoming project.

Best of luck for your next project.
          Seven
          hahah in fact, but i didnt learn this reading nexuiz code and some answers of spike Nexuiz code is readable and very good. Aniway it's very simple stuff. i didnt notice that flicker, strange, angle dependences are setting by a certain vid_con and vid_height cvars, i will adapt the code to work with all values.

Aniway the effect of my project is barely related to this one, i will not use this torchs.

syluxman2803

Comment

Working...
          X