Abyss Of Pandemonium Original Textures with Skyboxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abyss Of Pandemonium Original Textures with Skyboxes

So, after seeing the latest update come out, I have decided to share a texture pack I put together a long time ago. I was playing the game with the QRP texture pack and noticed something off about some of the textures. It's another case of similar texture names. But what's more interesting is that almost EVERY single texture from Quake included in AOP is slightly altered in some way.

Here are some examples:

It's kind of neat. But of course, it can have conflicts in modern engines. This is why I extracted every single texture from AOP in png format, made _luma files for brights, and organized them for every map. As some of the maps have different textures with the same name as well.

AOP1M1

AOP1M3

AOP1M4

AOP1M6

This also includes the conback in tga format:

DOWNLOAD TEXTURES

Here is a full wad file I put together:

DOWNLOAD WAD

Finally, I don't remember where I got these skyboxes, but they are here if anyone is interested. I included a readme suggesting what maps the skies match up with!

DOWNLOAD SKYBOXES
    Last edited by Trickle; 11-23-2020, 08:49 AM.

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Nice find Trickle!
    Long time since I played AOP so I do not remember if the QRP textures worked or not, but I guess they do?
    I guess copyright issues restricted the AOP team from using the original Quake textures.

/Moon[Drunk]
    – Moon[Drunk]'s Quake Graphics
    – Quake Revitalization/Retexturing Project

Comment

That's what I was wondering too. The QRP textures still work great with the atmosphere, but just knowing there are some minor differences gets my OCD going haha (hence why I released this external pack). I thought there were at least a few vanilla Quake textures, but nope. Check this out.

metal4_4

The color usage is slightly different and it comes off a bit more gritty. Then you have the really obvious differences.

muh_bad

edoor01_1

+0basebtn

There are many more that are different from the original textures, including the many boxes and other button variants. I think it's fair to say every single texture is different, even in the most unnoticeable ways.
      Last edited by Trickle; 11-23-2020, 08:53 AM.

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

Working...
      X