No announcement yet.

Vanilla Quake Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could get the silver key in HIP1M4 now! The enforcers seems to still telefrag themselves on the upper catwalk of E2M1 (skill 3), but atleast that issue doesn't stop you from progressing

I'm using vkQuake for reference.

Comment

Oh, I just noticed something that have been driving us nuts while playing in coop. For some reason, using this pak file, it keeps setting sv_aim to 0.93 every time we load a new level. Am I crazy, or is there any of these changes that might be causing this?

Comment

Does this happen only in ID1 (original campaigns) or the addons as well? SoA and DoE have much less changes in their code than ID1.
        But yeah, it seems there is additional sv_aim code in weapons.qc, added by Maddes. (Sadly, in general Maddes did not only fix bugs, but also added features which are not well documented.)

In world.qc, we have the culprit, actually:
        cvar_set("sv_aim", "0.93"); // set sv_aim for testing

Download the attachment, extract included pak3.pak into your ID1 folder and see if that fixes the issue. If it does, I can put it into the actual release.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by NightFright; 09-06-2021, 07:38 AM.
        Authentic Models Pack
        OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
        LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

Yes, please, it would be much appreciated, and there might be others coming across this in the future that would be happy for the fix <3

EDIT:
          The fix works perfectly, thank you!

Originally posted by NightFright View Post
          Does this happen only in ID1 (original campaigns) or the addons as well?
          And yes, now when testing further, it only happened with ID1

Comment

OK, one more. This time I totally deactivated the entire autoaim code block in world.qc, not just one line.
            Attached Files
            Authentic Models Pack

Comment

Originally posted by NightFright View Post
              OK, one more. This time I totally deactivated the entire autoaim code block in world.qc, not just one line.
              Sorry, I was replying to things a bit out of order. The previous fix was sufficient to fix the issues, so there's no need for the second attempt at it

Comment

No no, I saw the first fix was working. I just wanted to purge all related code in world.qc (which has more sv_aim resets in it) to see if it has any negative impact.
                Authentic Models Pack

Comment

Did a speedrun of episode 1 with the second fix, and didn't notice anything off. My sv_aim settings didn't get overridden atleast

Comment

Another minor inconsistency between id1 and hipnotic/rogue, is the behavior for when standing ontop of entities (enemies/other players). In id1 you don't slide around and are able to jump, which allows for things such as boosting in coop and generally feels nice. Hipnotic/rogue behaves the same as unpatched Quake, where you simply slide around ontop of the other characters.

Would be nice if hipnotic/rogue got this update aswell ^^

Comment

Download this and see if the following is fixed in SoA and DoE:
                      - Sliding/not-jumping on monsters/boxes/players fix
                      - Shooting/jumping when respawning fix

Test build (13.5 MB)

I hope no further adjustments of the game code will be needed since it is really not a pleasant task.
                      Last edited by NightFright; 09-06-2021, 11:44 AM.
                      Authentic Models Pack

Comment

Think you uploaded the previous version of the pak files (last modified 2021-09-04 13:12).

Comment

Indeed. Forgot to update my working folder. Link above is fixed now.
                          Authentic Models Pack

Comment

Coolers. It works for both of them now, and the HIP1M4 fix is still there. Thanks for accommodating my request!

EDIT:
                            Checked jumping/shooting for respawning while I was at it, and it seems to be working aswell. That was another minor issue we had in coop, but wasn't aware it was from these changes, so it's nice to see it fixed aswell ^^
                            Last edited by Dopefish; 09-06-2021, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Thank you for this, NightFright. I love "vanilla+" mods, and am particularly pleased to have an easy way to pull in the new HQ sounds.

I'm returning to Quake after a long time away and have a somewhat basic question. I noticed that when I put this mod in /id1, it will cause problems when I run mods from other folders, such as Abyss of Pandemonium or DOPA. Each of those mods' start maps became severely screwed up, I assume because it was pulling start.ent from your vanilla mod in /id1. My question, is there any way to keep your mod installed in /id1 and still be able to load different gamedirs without it interfering?

(If not, I'll probably just create batch files to "switch on" and "switch off" any /id1 mods that cause issues for other gamedirs.)

Comment

Alexandra

simply add an autoexec.cfg to the folder of the mod with the line "sv_entpatch 0" in it (without implication marks),
                                which will tell darkplaces to NOT load any ent-files and solve your issue

if an autoexec.cfg doesnt exist yet, you can easily make an autoexec.cfg yourself using notepad or such,
                                as a .cfg file is simply a text-file, so just make a text-file and manually rename the file-extension to .cfg
                                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Working...
                                X