Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NightFright
    replied
    Weird. Your website was the main source for my fixes. This should already be implemented. Gotta check.

*UPDATE*
    As expected, the fix is implemented. "spawnflags" "1" line is commented out for model *33.
    Last edited by NightFright; 08-23-2022, 10:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Maddes
    replied
    That E1M4 Ogre bug is already documented on Quake Info Pool: select "Bugs" in the menu to the left, select category "Maps", search for "E1M4".
    This should give you all information to fix.

Kind regards
    Maddes

Leave a comment:

• NightFright
    replied
    Well, that Ogre fix for E1M4 didn't come from me, I just implemented it. Maybe it worked at some point and now it doesn't, for whatever reason. Should I manage to identify the entry in the .ent file, maybe playing around with some parameters might do the trick.

Leave a comment:

• random82
    replied
    The re-release has pretty much all of the issues addressed in this mod fixed as far as I can tell
    Re-installed Quake just to try out E1M4 to see if the missing Orge glitch has been fixed. It hasn't. So weird how even a big third-party company couldn't fix it.

As you can see in the Q1:Remastered video, Quake-chad here cannot kill the missing Ogre, leaving him with 58/59 as his kill count in the end.

Lately, I've been thinking that I'm obsessive over a trivial bug. That's how much of a completionist I am!
    Last edited by random82; 08-19-2022, 10:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NightFright
    replied
    The re-release has pretty much all of the issues addressed in this mod fixed as far as I can tell. This mostly makes sense with the original release and will rather cause issues with the new version.

Any fixes I made via progs.dat can still be useful, but only if you are not using the Kex engine (i.e. using re-release pak files with Quakespasm and the like).

Maybe you might also still profit from the z-fighting fixes if you use a different port (other than Kex), but whether that's an important factor is a matter of personal taste.
    Last edited by NightFright; 08-18-2022, 11:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Delfino Furioso
    replied
    Hi, quick question: what would happen if I'll drop this pak into the rerelease ID1 distribution?
    Is this still needed at all?

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• NightFright
    replied
    Might be one of the quirks Baker left for us to enjoy in his WinQuake port before he dumped his promising career for the Quake community. His last sign of life was from Dec 2021 over at the Func Msgboard, and it was as deep as this:

I, Baker, am now the creator of a programming language and development environment that runs on everything and by my accounts better than everything. I had to level up about 200 times to do it, and if it is super hard -- I like it!
    I have some interesting choices I need to make, and I think this beer is going to help me figure it out. [...]
    And then he disappeared, as he usually does after posting random crap like that once every 2-3 years. I don't think he will ever get anything done on Mark V or WinQuake ever again.

For what it's worth, I for myself found an issue related to music volume in SoA (and only there):
    It occurs when volume is maxed out ("1") during startup. If it's any value lower than that, even just "0.95", music will play normally. Also, as soon as you reduce volume from 1 to 0.95 or lower through the menu, music will suddenly play. After that, you are able to place the slider back to 1 without problems (but if you leave it like that, music will again not play with next launch).
    But again, will remain unfixed, just like anything else you are trying to report. Any project handled by Baker must be considered pretty much abandoned at this point.

Leave a comment:

• random82
    replied
    For reference to anyone who may have the same error as me:

I tested out E2M4 (Ebon Fortress). Turns out, the fix worked for this map. The remaining 4 Scrags did spawn and I got "78/78" for my kill count. I'll keep testing out as I do a Copper playthrough on MarkV-Winquake. I'll update on what worked and what didn't on the infamous bugged maps.

Oh another thing, can any kind user tell me why the audio in MarkV-Winquake gets increasingly loud at random times when I'm playing a map?

Leave a comment:

• NightFright
    replied
    Assuming your problem is referring to this fix from the readme:

E1M4: 1) No 100% kills on skill 1-3 due to an Ogre not properly spawning
    Hard to tell what could lead to the fixes not working as intended. You might be using a version of E1M4 which doesn't match the checksum from the ent files, but in case of vanilla, this would mean you are using a modified pak0.pak. And actually, my mod releases don't contain the checksum-based fixes by default, so that shouldn't be an issue at all.

I don't know if there are different versions of E1M4 (e.g. when using Quake shareware), but I think any historic vanilla patches were only modifying the executables, correct me if I am wrong. My fixes were made for Quake v1.06 (but v1.01 should be fine, too).

Something you can try:
    Delete quakespasm.pak for your Quake root dir (if there is any) or replace it with the one from post #46. That one isn't part of the official mod release, but will only work with QS, QSS or vkQuake.

Anyway, I haven't touched anything related to Quake and am therefore pretty much out of the loop.
    Last edited by NightFright; 08-15-2022, 11:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• random82
    replied
    I made this account just to ask for this thread.

I downloaded your fixes pack and did what the instructions told me to. A way to test that it worked was to load up E1M4 and see if the Orge can spawn at the front of the castle door even when I got the Silver Key first before heading to the Silver door. The issue is, he STILL doesn't spawn. Surprisingly enough, E2M6's extended map can be seen when loaded up. So if the Orge from E1M4 cannot be still seen, I can safely assume that missing monsters still do not appear in the other bugged maps.

What's the issue here? Am I the only one getting this problem? I am a completionist to heart and seeing "58/59 monsters" and exiting the level in disappointment is just not my cup of tea.

Engines I've used for the fixes
    Mark V
    Mark V-Winquake
    vkQuake

Leave a comment:

• NightFright
    replied
    After one year without working on this at all, I'm afraid I've all but forgotten what I even did back then. Since I also didn't really comment the adjustments of the mission pack code files too thoroughly, I'm afraid the only way to find out about the changes are to compare original and modded qc files with WinMerge or something.

Sorry I can't be much of a help here, but that's how I operate often. Obsessing with a project, then burning out and moving on to something else without looking back.
    Last edited by NightFright; 08-07-2022, 03:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Maddes
    replied
    If you want we can add / update the bug reports you found to/on Quake Info Pool.
    Willing to make the list more correct, but would need some help as it has been several years

Leave a comment:

• NightFright
    replied
    Revision 7 has been released. Download link in OP.

Highlights:
    - Progs.dat fixes for ID1 rewritten entirely (based on Preach's cleaned QuakeC 1.06 source), with essential fixes included only (-40KB compiled code compared to previous versions)
    - Removed start.ent to avoid conflicts with start.bsp used in many other mods
    - More vital fixes for SoA and DoE (smooth plat movement which improves cart rides e.g. in HIP3M1 or R1M4, improved weapon switching, walkframe leak fix...)

Notes:
    - Even though the ID1 progs.dat now does NOT include the full extent of the URQP fixes any longer, you can rest assured it still contains all fixes necessary for a good singleplayer and multiplayer experience.
    - You should now not have problems any more with addons that come with their own start map (if named start.bsp).
    Last edited by NightFright; 09-20-2021, 07:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NightFright
    replied
    If anybody is able to do some quick ingame tests for SoA/DoE... I have implemented a few more updates from URQP into the mission pack progs.dat files and would like to know if everything still works as intended. Won't post it here, but either write here or via PM whether you want to take a look.

Leave a comment:

• NightFright
    replied
    An idea would be to split off the ent patches into a separate pak file so you can ditch them more easily if you have to, at least for the id1 folder. It's still not an ideal solution.
    You could also simply remove that start.ent from the mod. After all, it addresses an issue that most likely no player will ever encounter. In return, it would fix many issues if it just wasn't there. Maybe I'll even do that for the next release, provided there will be another.

(BTW: Also considering to remove the Vore with idle animation again. It wouldn't work with WinQuake without code modifications and model edits since framegroups don't work there, and for that rather minor improvement it's hardly worth it. Might also cause trouble if you have a mod with a Vore model replacement, but no custom progs.dat coming with it.)

But yeah, there's always the option to extract the ent from start.bsp of the mod and place it in the mod subdir, inside of a "maps" folder. Or, if your port doesn't work like that, put the whole thing into its own pak and load it last. It would then override start.ent from id1.

That's why it's so great Quakespasm ports introduced checksums for ent files now. Hopefully, more ports will adopt this feature since it allows you to gather countless ent patches for different maps within the same pak/pk3, without conflicts. Vanilla and Enhanced patches can peacefully coexist, how cool is that?
    Last edited by NightFright; 09-13-2021, 02:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X