Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake Enhanced - Dissolution of Eternity MD5 Models

*8/28/2021*

Final Release - This zip file now includes v_plasma.

DOWNLOAD

*8/25/2021*

Second Release - This zip file now includes v_lava and v_lava2.

DOWNLOAD

*8/24/2021*

First Release - This zip file includes the models v_multi and v_multi2.

DOWNLOAD

I took it upon myself to do this since it's such an easy (and obvious) thing to have done. I intend to do every secondary fire weapon model.
    Last edited by Trickle; 08-28-2021, 08:52 PM.

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Be careful. Nightdive might rip these without asking.
    Authentic Models Pack
    OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
    LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

Nice. I did the v_multi2 in mdl format already but it's good yours are in md5. Perfect for the kex enhanced pack and they can easily be converted to mdl for other engines if needed...

Comment

Originally posted by NightFright View Post
        Be careful. Nightdive might rip these without asking.
        It would be an honor

Originally posted by osjclatchford View Post
        Nice. I did the v_multi2 in mdl format already but it's good yours are in md5. Perfect for the kex enhanced pack and they can easily be converted to mdl for other engines if needed...
        Yes and the option to enable enhanced models conveniently works with these as well, as it simply toggles MD5 models on or off.

I will be posting screenshots of v_nail and v_plasma soon

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

Awesome! Any chance we could get the scourge proximity launcher too?

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXT View Post
            Awesome! Any chance we could get the scourge proximity launcher too?
            I would have to change the grenade launcher model a bit since the Proximity Launcher has these holes as opposed to what the base grenade launcher features.

I'm doing this pack first only because it's a simple texture swap with the same models. But new MD5 models for the Proximity Launcher and the Mjolnir would be cool to tackle!

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

The second release is now posted! I'm currently finishing up the Plasma upgrade.

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

Originally posted by Trickle View Post

I would have to change the grenade launcher model a bit since the Proximity Launcher has these holes as opposed to what the base grenade launcher features.

I'm doing this pack first only because it's a simple texture swap with the same models. But new MD5 models for the Proximity Launcher and the Mjolnir would be cool to tackle!
                It's been a while since I saw it so I didn't think about how it might look a bit different. But since you're doing simple texture swaps do you plan on doing anything with some of the enemies like multi launcher ogre or the statue knights???

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXT View Post

It's been a while since I saw it so I didn't think about how it might look a bit different. But since you're doing simple texture swaps do you plan on doing anything with some of the enemies like multi launcher ogre or the statue knights???
                  Absolutely!

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

I've done the multi grenade ogre. Allbeit on an mdl version of the new ogre. But you can extract the skin from it and put it on the md5 model easily... Also. I've done quite a few headgibs for these too... Just saying... Worth a look

Comment

Originally posted by osjclatchford View Post
                      I've done the multi grenade ogre. Allbeit on an mdl version of the new ogre. But you can extract the skin from it and put it on the md5 model easily... Also. I've done quite a few headgibs for these too... Just saying... Worth a look
                      Absolutely, yes I noticed the pak file the other night. Nice work

But hopefully, Quakespasm or another source port will support MD5 soon. I do think it's a cool system, the MD5 models read .lmp files and obey the original Quake palette (brights and all).

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

Noice!
                        Fórum QuakeBrasil

Lots of Quake related stuff

Comment

true. but there are a plethora of other engines out there. and not all of them will support md5, mdl is universal for quakeone... thats my main reasoning for it. and so that I can play with them now! LOL

anyway, as I say, the skin on the DOE ogre will port straight onto the md5 one with no problems. it is already in the quake pallette and has no issues with fullbrights or anything like that, so is a doddle to convert to .lmp, so do feel free to use it in this project should you want to...

Comment

Hello Trickle,

You are doing a great job !

You can see what other people are doing and compare.
                            Maybe its useful for you somehow (download included).

The giant hand should be removed.

Have a nice weekend,
                            Seven

Comment

Done!

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

Working...
                              X