X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seven View Post
    Hello Trickle,

You are doing a great job !

You can see what other people are doing and compare.
    Maybe its useful for you somehow (download included).

The giant hand should be removed.

Have a nice weekend,
    Seven
    If you can't move over the model more to either side, then I don't see any real point in making those kinds of models.

I also think the DOX arm would be far better to use. In Qrack (and other source ports), you can move the model very far left or right.

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

Great job trickle! It's a subtle effect but helps keep things a bit more consistent while playing. Mind if I ask how you're doing the texture swaps? I might want to try to take a look at doing the enemies but I've never worked with md5 before

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXT View Post
        Great job trickle! It's a subtle effect but helps keep things a bit more consistent while playing. Mind if I ask how you're doing the texture swaps? I might want to try to take a look at doing the enemies but I've never worked with md5 before
        I just made an entire guide. I plan to release it after I finish the monsters

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

Originally posted by osjclatchford View Post
          I've done the multi grenade ogre. Allbeit on an mdl version of the new ogre. But you can extract the skin from it and put it on the md5 model easily... Also. I've done quite a few headgibs for these too... Just saying... Worth a look
          I will be doing all of this, expect the monsters to be in Finished Works soon. I'll give you credit in the readme for mapping the skins.

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

The mummy may take a bit, the zombie is mapped differently
            Last edited by Trickle; 08-30-2021, 12:30 PM.

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

Sure is. That's why I've not done the statue's or mummy... Cowson to do. Let alone doing the lavaman...

Comment

Good Lord. That Zombie skin looks like the guy had seizures or something when drawing this. Geez.
                Authentic Models Pack
                OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
                LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

I saw someone on the doomworld forums is doing the prox launcher so with that combined with this project that should be textures for everything we already have a model for. Curious if aqm would ever entail any new models for the unique weapons/monsters of the mission packs? That would give us a complete consistent update

Comment

It's unrealistic at this point to assume we will get all mission pack models redone. Even with increased activity in the wake of the official port release, no new modelling artists have stepped forward. We don't really have modellers dedicated specifically to the AMQ, either. We are glad and grateful Tea Monster did some stuff for us, but he is also involved in other projects.

Then again, not all models really scream for a makeover. The lasergun or scorpion from SoA for example, or the water eel or the Wraiths from DoE. We are at a point where it would be nice to get more, but it is not necessary for a consistent ingame experience.
                    Authentic Models Pack

Comment

Originally posted by osjclatchford View Post
                      Sure is. That's why I've not done the statue's or mummy... Cowson to do. Let alone doing the lavaman...
                      For the sake of convenience, I'm actually converting your h_ models to MD5. I'm surprised to see the base models don't even have an MD5 version of the head gibs! This way, people can still have the vanilla MDL models and the nicer ones you cooked up with enhanced models on, just in MD5 format!

It's quite easy to do, as Noesis can export .mdl to both a .md5mesh and .lmp for skins. Unfortunately, for .md5anim nothing happens. So, you must create your own, which is easy for gibs and items (since they have just one animation frame).

This is what it's like across the board for all items. Of course, the MDL files only have one frame, the included MD5 items have two for some reason.

numFrames 1
                      numJoints 1
                      frameRate 24
                      numAnimatedComponents 6

hierarchy {
                      "Root" -1 63 0 //
                      }

bounds {
                      (min.x min.y min.z) (max.x max.y max.z)
                      }

baseframe {
                      ( 0.0000000000 0.0000000000 0.0000000000 ) (orient.x orient.y orient.z)
                      }

frame 0 {
                      0.0000000000 0.0000000000 0.0000000000 *repeat orientations from baseframe*
                      }

Every single .md5anim has a frameRate of 24, and a root value of -1 63 0. All items have numAnimatedComponents of 6 and numFrames of 2 for the included MD5 models. This includes the g_ models too, but the v_ and monster models are different.

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

thats nice of you trickle. its good to know my headgibs will now appear in md5 format as well as mdl.

Comment

It's unrealistic at this point to assume we will get all mission pack models redone. Even with increased activity in the wake of the official port release, no new modelling artists have stepped forward. We don't really have modellers dedicated specifically to the AMQ, either. We are glad and grateful Tea Monster did some stuff for us, but he is also involved in other projects.

Then again, not all models really scream for a makeover. The lasergun or scorpion from SoA for example, or the water eel or the Wraiths from DoE. We are at a point where it would be nice to get more, but it is not necessary for a consistent ingame experience.
                          Yeah I understand that. I didn't expect anything just wondering if there were plans or not. I think getting everything a new skin that we have a model for would still pretty much get us the ideal consistent experience

Comment

Quakespasm-Spiked now supports MD5 model format. Get latest build here.
                            Authentic Models Pack

Comment

Working...
                            X