Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by damage_inc View Post
    You are ruining an amazing thread that Seven put alot of work into... now I don't know you so I don't say this lightly...

GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE! Translate that bitch!
    oh......... I forgot ......... Seven is God of source code )

Comment

• @soosel
      We have enough hot heads here without you trying to pick a fight.

There is plenty of room on this forum for everyone if they show respect. Please do NOT be disrespectful of seven and his thread here and people will treat you with respect. The majority here probably do not speak Russian so that is why you get the reactions you do. I put your words through google translate and they do not make sense to me anyway so it appears you are trying to provoke people.

Please show the same respect you were asking for in another thread.

Comment

• Dear all,

Please help me to improve the next "small mod compilation" version V4.30.

Several things have been requested and some things have been suggested already.
        I tried to implement them as good as possible.
        I also had 1 or 2 new ideas, which I want to hand out today for testing.

It is the BETA version of Ver. 4.30

Here is a rough summarize of the new things:
        1.) A new fully adjustable flying monster: Afrit
        Model made by John "Psychikon" Jensen
        Converted to Quake model by Tea Monster
        Implemented into Quake by Seven

Afrit can replace any Quake monster.
        Afrit can support any Quake monster (will be spawned beside it)
        Read new cvar descriptions for details

2.) Added adjustable water wading sounds

3.) Added cvar to adjust footsteps sound volume

4.) Reduced zombie default walk footsteps volume (by request)

5.) Extended Demon and Wizard teleport feature (chance is now adjustable). By request

Several Afrit features/abilities are still not implemented yet.
        And some features/sounds/particles are only placeholders.
        This is only a beta.

If you are interested and want to help to improve things, please click here:
        DOWNLOAD link removed due to final release

Have fun and please report your thoughts, ideas and feedback directly into the SMC thread (not PM).

Regarding the Afrit:

I am no good texture artist, but I tried to create a second skin, that might match the evil/hellish monster. It was requested in an earlier post. (Both skins are included in the Download above)

Webangel is also working on a (most probably) much better skin at the moment.

Have fun and please report your thoughts, ideas and feedback directly into this thread (not PM).
        Thank you.

Kind regards,
        Seven
        Last edited by Seven; 06-09-2013, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• i like nahuel's quake 3 quad effect on the guns. i see how it ties in to the model its self but if there was a way to make it work with all replacement guns that would be sweet. i like all the extra effects of the smc. it would be nice if there was a way to add this in too.

it would also be nice if the smc had ent or def files that are used for mapping. so mappers could put the rain, smoke, fog, and all the environment effects right in there map. I think it would make for better maps.

but if it made the map only work in darkplaces that would not be good for some people. but i don't know why you would use anything but darkplaces for quake. I am shire they have there reasons but i may never understand them.

Afrit should have at least a vengeance death option if not all 3
          Last edited by JDSTONE; 05-25-2013, 11:33 PM.

Comment

• Hello seven,
            Excellent work on all of the new additions!

I have noticed one thing now that you've added the Afrit to the SMC that I did not notice before with the early beta of the Afrit. In the SMC version sometimes when I shoot the Afrit he does not react??

I repeat, I did not have this issue before with the test version. Just an observation and I'm curious if anyone else has this issue?

Comment

• I don't think the Afrit should be all one color if it's going to be a powerful color like red. I would submit that even if the "fingers" on the wings were a different color, it would look more {insert adjective that I can't recall}.

solid, actual, real?

I still like that picture very much, though. ^just an opinion.
              http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• @gdiddy
                yes yes ive noticed the same issue, that when i turned on notarget and then shot an afrit it either didnt do anything at all, or that the afrit started patrolling after being shot.
                i dont think i saw it happen while notarget was off

@seven
                the red version of the afrit is superb, it looks great and fits in perfectly in quake as well i think

thanx too for adding adjustable amount of teleporting for scrag and fiend. especially the scrag went nuts before when playing on nightmare and would teleport constantly.
                so its nice to be able to adjust how often he teleports so he doesnt go nuts anymore on NM skill

also thanx for implenting the option to have the afrit support monsters instead of replacing them

also i agree with gypsy on coloring. my suggestions about color would be...
                -make the nails of the red afrit black?
                -try making the eyes yellow perhaps instead of red? that'll work great for a red imp i think
                -make the bone of the wings be dark-grey/black instead, so they dont look all red all over. and itll look more real and you'll get something like this
                Last edited by talisa; 05-25-2013, 06:16 PM.
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• @talisa
                  Will have to try it with notarget off and see..thanks

I agree that the red version would benefit from some black nails, etc.!!!!

Excellent sound on the wading too seven!!

talisa, now we need your gibs added!!!!
                  Last edited by gdiddy62; 05-25-2013, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• @gdiddy
                    im still working on making more custom gibs, it just takes some simple chop-work to cut a model into pieces and make custom gibs-models.

ill just need to poke seven one of these days about a lil problem im having which i need help with, something QC

but of course first thing is making all these gib-models, that is most important. fixing QC can wait
                    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Hello gdiddy,

Comment

• Thank you all very much for your feedback.

Originally posted by JDSTONER View Post
                        i like nahuel's quake 3 quad effect on the guns. i see how it ties in to the model its self but if there was a way to make it work with all replacement guns that would be sweet. i like all the extra effects of the smc. it would be nice if there was a way to add this in too.
                        I already spent a lot of time in trying to change Nahuel´s "Quake3 Quad" to be universal and independent to the used weapon model.
                        But it was not possible.
                        Main reason is the fact, that it needs a second weapon skin texture.
                        If the replacement model is a .mdl, the model itself must be edited to be able to use 2 skins. If the replacement model is a .md3, you can work with .skin files. So you never know.
                        But in both cases you also must take the orientation of the replacement model into account because it must fit exactly.
                        In other words, it needs specific model params, that you do not "know" if you want to be universal.

But hey, you are a good coder already and can add this mod and fit your personal used weapon models.

it would also be nice if the smc had ent or def files that are used for mapping. so mappers could put the rain, smoke, fog, and all the environment effects right in there map. I think it would make for better maps.
                        Dont let a QC-code confuse you.
                        The weather code is quite short and easy. The interesting part are the cubes / targets.
                        A roof-cutout or an open area (where it could rain through) has never a simple square shape.
                        You must create multiple cubes that fills out the open area as good as possible.
                        That is the main work behind the weather.
                        You can most probably do the weather cubes or target cubes via map editor quicker than in-game.
                        But, depending on your map layout, it can still eat up a lot of time.
                        And you should not use simple squary open areas just because the ease of weather creation.
                        A map should have as little simple squares as possible (because it looks so much better/realisitc/smoother).

Please look into the existing weather .ent files for ID1 maps to see how many cubes are necessary.

I just found some of my handwritten sketches for some of these cubes

Afrit should have at least a vengeance death option if not all 3
                        Yes, I know, but these death animations feature eat up soo much time

Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
                        Hello seven,
                        Excellent work on all of the new additions!

I have noticed one thing now that you've added the Afrit to the SMC that I did not notice before with the early beta of the Afrit. In the SMC version sometimes when I shoot the Afrit he does not react?
                        Yes, you are correct. You first tested with Beta1 and since Beta2 I made a change in T_Damage.

Please let me describe it:
                        A monster gets/finds a target mainly under one of these circumstances:
                        1.) It sees you
                        2.) Nearby attacked monsters wakes it up
                        3.) You shoot it directly

Point 3.) is the point we are speaking about here.
                        Due to the fact, that the rapidfire from the Afrit often also hits other monsters and vice versa, other shooting monsters had hit the fast moving Afrit, I had to make a decision:
                        The Afrit will NOT make any other monsters angry on him, nor will any other monster make the Afrit angry when accidently shooting hit.

So I had to edit T_Damage to do that.
                        My code in Beta4 had a bug (I forgot to allow the player to make the Afrit angry, LOL)
                        I fixed it now to work in the intended / described way. Please find the fix below.

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                        I don't think the Afrit should be all one color if it's going to be a powerful color like red. I would submit that even if the "fingers" on the wings were a different color, it would look more {insert adjective that I can't recall}.
                        Yes, a screenshot is not the best way to show something dynamical. But I didnt want to record a clip yet.
                        As mentioned, I am no good texture artist. This is what Paint.Net spits out for me after playing around with filters and stuff.
                        I should either stop trying this texture work completely and leave it to the ones who can, or start to learn how to do it better
                        But time forbids it, so we have to wait for webangel or someone.

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                        thanx too for adding adjustable amount of teleporting for scrag and fiend. especially the scrag went nuts before when playing on nightmare and would teleport constantly.
                        so its nice to be able to adjust how often he teleports so he doesnt go nuts anymore on NM skill
                        Yes, that was definitely necessary to bring this feature closer and make it more interesting to the SMC users.
                        Hopefully now people will enable it and adjust it to lets say 30%.
                        That is a good and fair value.

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                        also thanx for implenting the option to have the afrit support monsters instead of replacing them
                        Yes, I also LOVE the look when the Afrit flies several feets higher besides walking monsters when idling.
                        That looks like a great team and a dangerous opponents pack
                        That is one of the main focus of using this new flying monster.

Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
                        Excellent sound on the wading too seven!!
                        Thank you gdiddy.
                        I think you are the only one who noticed it

It was just not right, when the player makes footsteps sound when walking on ground, while there is absolute silence when wading through water (waterlevel 1 and 2) or swimming.
                        I still left out "diving" sounds as I didnt found any fitting yet.

Thank you all again for your constructive feedback.
                        Seven
                        -
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Seven; 05-26-2013, 10:20 AM. Reason: uploaded correct file

Comment

• i just tested compiling a new progs.dat with your fixed weapons.qc instead of the one included with beta4, but the bug is still there that afrits dont seem to react at all when being shot

you sure you gave the correct QC file? id assume it would make more sense to give afrit.qc, or both?

lol at the sketches. i myself often do it in my head, or make a screenshot from high above while aiming straight down
                          and then drop the screenshot into paintshop and add squares/circles to find best way to split up an area for rain or particle-effects
                          Last edited by talisa; 05-26-2013, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• LOL, who put the weapons.qc into that zip file ??
                            It is combat.qc which contains the T_Damage function.

I uploaded the correct file now.

That is what happens when you hold a Mai-Thai coktail in one hand and try to handle your computer with the other hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                              I tried to create a second skin, that might match the evil/hellish monster. It was requested in an earlier post.
                              Dear Seven, if it was my post you took into consideration, this is not what I meant. I just said it would be a little cooler if it's skin would be a little more yellowish, so he doesn't look like he jumped out of an old black-and-white movie.
                              Anyway, the second skin is GREAT!
                              MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                                LOL, who put the weapons.qc into that zip file ??
                                It is combat.qc which contains the T_Damage function.

I uploaded the correct file now.

That is what happens when you hold a Mai-Thai coktail in one hand and try to handle your computer with the other hand.
                                seven is drunk! , great work my friend!
                                the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Working...
                                X