No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would imagine that the commenting is to hide it from other engines that don't support what they would see as gibberish if it were not a comment.
    or in other words, I really don't have a clue how DP still has this issue (hence why I didn't reply a bit faster).
    Some Game Thing

Comment

• so you are saying that maybe DP doesn't look at that chunk as a comment? I think I did that once in some program I made...put code in a comment and then told my program to overlook the comment part....or something like that, I vaguely recall something along those lines.
      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• UPDATE 20130609

Quake version V4.30 Release

New Features:
        - Optional new flying monster type: Afrit
        - Optional water wading / swimming sounds and adjustable foostep sounds
        - Several new cvars to fix Darkplaces engine related issues (for newer builds)

Updated features:
        - Extended Demon and Wizard teleport feature (chance is now adjustable)
        - New optional spider model for shambler-replacement with extra big size
        - Spider dog-replacement uses a better skin now (compared to V4.25)
        - Wizard projectile is now adjustable in size (was necessary due to new trail effect)
        - Bugfix (loading a saved game with replacement monsters works correctly now)
        - Some minor adjustments

Please find updated links in 1st post.

==============================

Dear all,

I would like to Thank You all for your interest and support for this small mod over the years.
        I hope that this version is bugfree and that you can enjoy it like it is meant to be.

I took the complaints seriously and readjusted the appearance chance for the new monsters accordingly. If you still think they are spawned too often (or seldom), please feel free to adjust the corresponding cvars.

The Afrit was also a lot of fun to play with and I spend a lot of time in tweaking its particles (he uses quite a lot different particle effects for different situations).
        I tried to find a suitable death animation for him as you complained the original was not quite fitting. In the end I added 2 different animations to choose from (chances are adjustable).
        Also a multiskin feature made it into the final release.
        Thank you webangel for reworking the "grey" skin.

I hope you will have some fun with v4.30

Warm regards,
        Seven

PS: Please use the NEW autoexec.cfg sample as base for your own.
        Your existing one should be deleted, as I reorganized the layout and order of it.
        It would be difficult to find the new V4.30 cvars otherwise.

Comment

• Awesome!!

Comment

• hi seven,
            -
            you are unstoppable quake machine . looking forward testing new version asap. it will be a loong day at work today. i know i backed away from quake community, but will try it. i promise. the only bad thing is that right now i'm knee deep into dishonored and i love it. hard to ressist klicking on that little icon in the upper right corner...
            -
            jakub
            my projects so far:

Travail retextured ___/___ Knave HD textures
            Tronyn in high definiton ___/___Abyss of Pandemonium HD textures
            Nehahra rtlights and other experiments

Comment

• its great, but i noticed one thing right away off the bat when i first started it...
              the coccoon-state of afrit doesnt work. i tried setting the cvar to different amounts, but no matter what the afrit would never start in cocooned state for me

except for that its awesome, everything works fine and im loving the afrit!

id have one suggestion though for dead-option two where the afrit breaks into pieces... try making a second skin for the gibs which is grey for the grey afrit? its a bit odd that the grey afrit shatters into red pieces.

oh, and would it be possible to not make the afrit shatter in mid-air but make it so that he falls down and then shatters when he hits the ground? that would be awesome too, if he would instead fall down and then shatter when he hits the ground, like the afrit in hexen does when it gets frozen

oh, also one other small thing i noticed, is that you forgot to add the source to the update this time.
              i always like to play around with it a lil bit to add some gibs i made and be able to make a lil addon which makes your ammo unlimited, but cant do that without the QC-files
              Last edited by talisa; 06-10-2013, 08:29 AM.
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by jakub1 View Post
                looking forward testing new version asap. it will be a loong day at work today. i know i backed away from quake community, but will try it. i promise. the only bad thing is that right now i'm knee deep into dishonored and i love it.
                Hello my friend,

So you are one of those people who likes to play oldies and goldies... aehhm I mean new games equally ?
                I thought that would be impossible

But do not worry. Enjoy your new game first. Quake will wait for you forever as it cannot die

=============================

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                its great, but i noticed one thing right away off the bat when i first started it...
                the coccoon-state of afrit doesnt work. i tried setting the cvar to different amounts, but no matter what the afrit would never start in cocooned state for me
                except for that its awesome, everything works fine and im loving the afrit!
                You maybe didnt see this:
                // only Afrit´s, that do NOT support other monsters may go into cocoon shape
                You have 2 possibilities to bring the Afrit into the game:
                1.) replacing monsters
                2.) supporting monsters (spawned beside them if there is enough free space)

The cocoon shape is only available for replacing monsters, as "supporting" was supposed to be some kind of patrolling/guiding the monster it supports.
                Well, at least that was my idea behind it.

You seem to have set the chance to "replace" individual monsters to "0", that is why you do not see the nice cocoons.
                The chance of beeing in cocoon shape for replacing monsters is set to 40% by default.
                You can set this value to 100% and give some percentage to "replacing" individual monsters, then they will always spawn in cocoon shape.

=========================

id have one suggestion though for dead-option two where the afrit breaks into pieces... try making a second skin for the gibs which is grey for the grey afrit? its a bit odd that the grey afrit shatters into red pieces.
                Wasnt 'Quake' the game, where even the shambler and the enforcer had the same gibs ?
                Their insides are all bloody red

But seriously, yes sure that can be done.

oh, and would it be possible to not make the afrit shatter in mid-air but make it so that he falls down and then shatters when he hits the ground? that would be awesome too, if he would instead fall down and then shatter when he hits the ground, like the afrit in hexen does when it gets frozen
                Yes, it can be done. Please use the "baked to coal" code from the new lightning gun feature. It has all you need.
                But then you would not see the beautiful "explosion" of the Afrit in mid-air.
                That is what I liked so much when I had the idea...

oh, also one other small thing i noticed, is that you forgot to add the source to the update this time.
                Look again and you will find it
                I always include source code.
                It is inside the QC folder of that .rar file that you downloaded.

As you see, it is hard to satisfy everybody.
                New ideas are always there and the phrase "final release" is always wrong.
                Cobalt one laughed at me as I said I released the "final version".
                Now you know why...

Great that you like it nonetheless.

Best wishes,
                Seven

Comment

• oh my bad, i mustve overlooked the QC folder when i looked inside the rar

about coccooned afrit:
                  nope it just doesnt happen for me. ive set coccooned percentage to 100 and even when i set them to replace a monster they still dont spawn as cocooned for me

also about even enforcers and shamblers having the same gibs:
                  i am still working on that, ive already made custom gibs for several enemies,
                  and i wont stop till ive made custom gib-models for all of them

am currently more busy though with that map i am making, but i wont just drop the custom gibs project i am working on.
                  its really awesome and so much cooler when enemies each have their own gibs which actually look like parts of the enemy rather then the same generic chunks being used for every enemy
                  are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                  everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• that download was the logest 8 min of my life! i could not wate to play it! i had no issue with coccooned afrit. he showed up from time to time. the fire around him added a lot!

i liked the gib effect much more then him just dead on the ground. maybe this is how he dies in the other game but i do not like how his hand and wing are still up in the air after he is shot dead it looks strange to me becouse he dose not look dead just frozen. so thankyou for the gib effect.

i love the head gib on him do not be suprized if i miss use it by packing it full of gun powder and loading it in my GL

i am so happy that you worked throw all the issues and did not give up or go NIN on your keybord [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T6E54qcraA]Self Destruct Tour - Trent breaking things - YouTube[/ame]

keep up all the good work seven!

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
                      about coccooned afrit:
                      nope it just doesnt happen for me. ive set coccooned percentage to 100 and even when i set them to replace a monster they still dont spawn as cocooned for me

Stay calm, we will go through this together....

The code works as it should, there are 2 possibilities for your issue:
                      - You have a progs.dat inside your ID1 folder (which overrides the V4.30)
                      - Your autoexec.cfg maybe has a space or misspelling in it (like: autoexec .cfg)
                      - You are editing the wrong autoexec.cfg (if you use Win7 64, DP uses different .cfg files. The ones inside your windows / documents / games folder overrides the one in ID1)

Simply check your cvar via console to see what the engine really uses:
                      afrit_waits_in_cocoon

It will tell you if it knows this cvar (then your progs.dat is correct),
                      if it knows it, it will tell you its current setting, so you can compare it to your edited autoexec.cfg

Also try to change an older cvar, like "kickgibs" "0" and then "1" to see if DP reacts to your edited autoexec.cfg.

You can find out this way if you are editing the correct autoexec.cfg.

Remember: Jenny is your friend

Good luck,
                      Seven

===========================

Hello JDSTONER,

Thank you for your comments.
                      I am happy that you like it.

... knowing that you are here to kill and not to chat

Now keep on fragging
                      Seven

Comment

• @seven
                        nope, first thing i did when it didnt work for me was all these things.

theres no progs.dat in my ID1 folder, my autoexec in ID1 folder doesnt get overwritten and nothing's wrong with it.
                        just checked by editing a cvar in it and checking in-game if it got changed and it did.
                        and theres also no other pk3s which have a progs.dat in them in my ID1 folder

ive tried to set both afrit_replace_wizard and afrit_waits_in_cocoon to 100 as well,
                        but still it just simply doesnt work for me, and he always starts in flying state and never coccooned

Comment

• Hehe, now everything is clear.
                          You are talking about the wizard !

The wizard is always spawned flying (doesnt matter if idling or patrolling).
                          If the afrit replaces the wizard, he does the same.
                          If the afrit would be a cocoon he would fall on ground and die, because his wings are forming the cocoon.

ALL other monsters in Quake are walking monsters.
                          Why didnt you try to replace a walking monster, too ?
                          When replacing a walking monster, the Afrit can use his cocoon, because he is not flying.

I know, the cocoon is "hoovering" a bit above the ground, but this is due to its position inside the model.
                          And if you watch closely, you can even see the afrit moving inside his cocoon.
                          Yes, the cocoon has an animation, too !

I added randomness to the cocoons animation sequence.
                          That way it will never play the same animation twice.
                          (a little bit like the crucified zombies, but more time variation)
                          It looks like the Afrit wants to break out of it.

Now case closed and you can enjoy the cocoon too.

Comment

• hi seven,
                            -
                            i don't wanna hijack this thread but there is one thing that must be said: gameplay wise, dishonored is very old game. it contains thief, deus ex and hitman features in one beautiful package. it's a really hardcore game, expecially on the highest difficulty settings. i'm in the final part and i haven't kill a single opponent so far. i'm like ghost... have they seen me? i guess no... i wasn't even there.. i came in uninvited and left unnoticed :-).
                            -
                            but you're right. majority of the modern games is kinda meh...
                            -
                            jakub
                            my projects so far:

Travail retextured ___/___ Knave HD textures
                            Tronyn in high definiton ___/___Abyss of Pandemonium HD textures
                            Nehahra rtlights and other experiments

Comment

• Hello,

I planned to reduce the default values for the custom after-death-animations in V4.30 and just noticed that I didn´t.

Knowing that they can become "boring" if they happen too often.
                              Their default chance is 30% in average. Which is quite often.

So, if you start to hate these after-death-animations, reduce their percentage to your personal liking.

If someone finds a bug in V4.30 (god forbid!), I will reduce their default values to something like 15% or 20% in next version.

===============================

Hello Jakub,

Your description sounds really promising.
                              I remember myself playing the Thief series in a darkened computer room too.
                              Yes, I know how you feel

But after all this hiding and sneeking, Quake awaits with fast paced action and many many beautiful new released fan-made-maps !
                              Be sure to grab your axe and shotgun, put on your heavy armor and enter back into your beloved Quake …
                              … ready to face some new monsters

Kind regards,
                              Seven

Comment

• Thank you for your 4.30 release Seven.
                                The animations are much better now.

Great work as always my friend!

Comment

Working...
                                X