No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i like it seven! is the player hooked up to the gib multiplier? i would like to see how it looks when he gits gibed and becomes a bloody mess!

Comment

• I like it Seven, like I told you via Mail.
      But...
      Is it possible to switch short before the player dies and switch back if the player takes up some health?

Also:
      I love the slow motion, but do you know the Max Payne bullettime mode?

Is something like this possible for Quake too?

Last edited by webangel; 09-22-2013, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• The links are dead in first post.Is this on purpose? To get some kinks worked out? I'm confused.Oh and hi everyone,my first post here.

Comment

• @seeker3

i host dropbox mirrors here of all 3SMC versions, which always will remain available:
          DROPBOX MIRRORS OF SMC FOR ID1, HIPNOTIC & ROGUE

and i also host dropbox mirror to the recommended DP build:
          DARKPLACES 20130709
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Totally awesome stuff Seven!!

Comment

• Thanks a lot Talisa,I appreciate it.And thank you Seven

Comment

• Hello,

Thank you all very much for your posts and ideas.

Originally posted by JDSTONER View Post
                i like it seven! is the player hooked up to the gib multiplier? i would like to see how it looks when he gits gibed and becomes a bloody mess!
                Hello Josh,

I am not sure if I fully understand your post. Do you want to see a clip, how it looks like when the player gets gibbed ?
                If so, then here is a short clip that shows this below.
                I planned to include this one as well in the compilation-clip from yesterday, but I seemed to missed it on the HDD. I am sorry. (I link both clips here again):

Gibbed death animation
                [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cvBneH4A28]Quake chasecam deathanimation gibbed - YouTube[/ame]

Regular death animations
                [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Uok05g-BmU]Quake chasecam deathanimation - YouTube[/ame]

Originally posted by webangel View Post
                Is it possible to switch short before the player dies and switch back if the player takes up some health?
                Hello webangel,

I think I also have problems this time understanding your post....
                When the player dies, he cannot pick up health anymore, right ?
                So, I am confused by your question.

The view switches back to previous condition when you respawn the map/level or when you reload a saved game or when you start a new game.
                I paid special attention to load/save game, because we had some negative experience before as you know.
                Also, when you close your engine while in death state, and restart your engine, it will be in correct view.

Originally posted by webangel View Post
                I love the slow motion, but do you know the Max Payne bullettime mode?
                Is something like this possible for Quake too?
                Unfortunately I do not know it.
                I can only guess: Is the view attached to the projectile in slowmotion mode and follows it in Max Payne ?
                Or is the camera moved away to a distance to see the complete area where the shooting happens ?

Originally posted by seeker3 View Post
                The links are dead in first post.Is this on purpose? To get some kinks worked out? I'm confused.Oh and hi everyone,my first post here.
                Hello seeker3,

Why should I delete links on purpose ?
                I am already happy that my extremely slow internet connection with only 16 KB/s upload manages it to upload the SMC files. I always send a prayer to god when it uploaded successfully

I just checked the Rapidshare links and they work fine.
                It might have been an temporary overload or some rapidshare issues ?
                The did completely change their homepage structure lately...
                Anyhow, they still seem to work.

And thank you for all download mirrors. People with much faster upload connection are always welcome.

Best wishes,
                Seven

Comment

• Thanks for the reply Seven.I didn't think you would post dead links,but they just would not work for me,one of those things I guess.Sorry for the assumption,but all is good now and I'm going to check it out shortly and see how it goes.Thanks again.

Comment

• All I can say is AWESOME!! When combined with a few other mods it's like playing a whole new gameAnd if I want to play more original I just play one of my other installs.Is there anything like this for Q2? Oh,and I tried the links in the first post again yesterday and this time they worked! Just a glitch I guess. Thanks again to you Seven,and all the mod makers out there,keep up the great work,it is truly appreciated.

Comment

• I forgot to ask if this works with nehahra? Or other mods/maps? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                        Hello,

Thank you all very much for your posts and ideas.
                        [Re Max Payne]...Unfortunately I do not know it.
                        I can only guess: Is the view attached to the projectile in slowmotion mode and follows it in Max Payne ?
                        Or is the camera moved away to a distance to see the complete area where the shooting happens ?

And thank you for all download mirrors. People with much faster upload connection are always welcome.

Best wishes,
                        Seven
                        I've never played Max Payne but I wonder if this is what Web Angel is referring to...
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td7Y6ISS3nk
                        Hope this helps

Monty
                        Last edited by Mr.Burns; 09-26-2013, 01:33 AM.
                        Mr.Burns
                        "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                        WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                        Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

• Hi Monty,
                          this is exactly what I talked about.
                          Thanks for the video link.

I know this isn't possible in DP but perhaps something similar?

web@ngel

Comment

• Originally posted by seeker3 View Post
                            I forgot to ask if this works with nehahra? Or other mods/maps? Thanks.
                            Hello seeker3,

Important to know is only 1 thing:

There are 2 different custom map (I call them fan-made-maps) types:
                            1.) maps, that include a custom "progs.dat"
                            2.) maps, that do not include a custom "progs.dat"

EVERY mod (the SMC or any other) will work with all category 2.) maps.
                            Some of the SMC features will also work with category 1.) maps.

You picked Nehahra as your example.
                            Nehahra is without a doubt one of the maps/episodes with the biggest game mechanic modifications. So it clearly belongs into category 1.)

You must know, that the complete game mechanic is inside this "progs.dat" file.
                            You can only use 1 "progs.dat" file at a time.
                            So, either play mod A or play mod B.
                            If you want, you can call Nehahra a mod. If you want to play the Nehahra-mod, you cannot play any other mod.

I think now it maybe is clearer to understand what a QC-"mod" means/is and how they behave.

Some "small mod compilation" (some call it "SMC") features will also work with other mods (as explained on top of this post), as long as you use Darkplaces. Why this is, would go too far for now. But if you are interested we can discuss this as well.

In the end, you should know the following:

EVERY replacement file (may it be a world texture, a sound or a weapon model, ...) which is placed inside your ID1 folder, will be used/seen inside every map.
                            Independent if that map is using a custom game mechanic "progs.dat" or not.

So, your comment in another thread about "available eye candies" for other maps, can now be answered by yourself

Be aware though, that some maps use unique textures/models, for which no one ever made a replacement file (which you may call "eye candy"). Therefore these maps will use the original files for those specific textures/models.
                            But all the other "eye candy" replacement textures/models inside your ID1 folder will be automagically be used in that map.

Please excuse my bad english.
                            I hope you understood what I was trying to say...

Kind regards,
                            Seven

PS: I wrote a quite similar post a few days ago which maybe has some additional informations here
                            PPS: Always go visit Quaddicted´s archive to find ALL existing Quake maps, including a review & rating system

Comment

• Thanks a lot Seven,I was just about to post that I saw your other post and it along with this post explained the answer to my question nicely.I always play with DP,it' my favorite.So as long as I play Nehahra from start to finish only,I should be okay.Oh and I really like the Quaddicted site,I go there a lot.Thanks a lot for the always very helpful and much appreciated replies.And your English is fine.

Comment

• just randomly remembered something which i noticed a few days ago when playing rogue with the latest SMC seven:
                                there seems to be a bug with the LG in rogue, which is really easy to replicate.

if you use the 'impulse 9' cheat and then fire the lg, you wont be able to pick up ammo for this weapon untill after you after you fired another weapon and picked up ammo for that weapon.
                                after firing another weapon if you switch back to the lg the ammo-count of it will reset itself to 100, and only after firing it again you will be able to pick up ammo for the lg again

its really easy to replicate:
                                just load up R1M7, use 'noclip' and move upward through the ceiling into the room with the swords.
                                then use 'impulse 9' cheat, and switch to the LG and fire it.

in the left-corner of the room there are 2 boxes with cells.
                                try picking them up, and you will find out that even though your lg ammo isnt at maximum anymore you are unable to pick up the cells.

then switch to SSG and fire it once, and after firing go pick up the shells to the right.
                                switch back to LG and you'll see the LG ammo-count has reset itself to 100,
                                and only after firing the LG again after the ammo-count has reset itself will you be able to pick up the cells

this bug seems to happen when using the latest 4.31SMC for rogue,
                                and it only seems to happen if you havent picked up any other ammo before trying to pick up cells after using the 'impulse 9' cheat

from what i can see after playing around with it a bit the bug seems to be related to using the 'impulse 9' cheat

i found this bug while playing around in rogue with testing the replacement swords i worked on a few days ago
                                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Working...
                                X