No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I switch on the new torch light? Which key do I have to press? I am kinda lost here.
    Also would it be possible to add the pain skins from your other mod? That would be really great.

Thank you very much!

Comment

• to lacrima: assigning key to the flashlight
      -
      write in console following command: bind x "impulse 30". x can be any key. i use f.
      -
      jakub

EDIT
      in case you don't know how to access console in quake all you have to do is press ~ in game.
      Last edited by jakub1; 05-20-2015, 01:21 PM.
      my projects so far:

Travail retextured ___/___ Knave HD textures
      Tronyn in high definiton ___/___Abyss of Pandemonium HD textures
      Nehahra rtlights and other experiments

Comment

• Now that my initial euphoria is gone, I remember actually bringing up the concept of an energy shield a long time ago in this thread. Only then, I suggested it for the scourge, because I love SoA. Considering the shield is already there, is it possible to have the scourge share the same shield ability in the next MP1 release of SMC? Also, I guess I might as well resuggest some of the stuff I had going there while I'm at it.

I mentioned gremlins stealing other stuff: bits of ammo when they're not taking your weapons and powerups when you have them (maybe even your flashlight now if that's even possible). They are a great enemy concept if done right, but the delivery in SoA was horrible and they are mostly worthless in the original MP1. Even though now with the added features of the SMC, they can be more annoying, they still have that buggy awfulness from back in the day that is their jump mechanic and should get a boost in that regard. Any chance they could share the spider jumping code so they stop getting stuck in midair and in every second wall?

While I'm at it, demons ought to use this feature, since they still get stuck EVERYWHERE and break the hell out of the game.

Anyways, to end the topic of gremlins, here are some weird bugs that the gremlin still has, even in the SMC.

1. When you kill him with the lightning gun, he spawns an empty backpack

2. He will sometimes walk over to a corpse and start attacking it instead of recycling it

3. He fires a nailgun instead of a supernailgun when he steals your supernailgun

And to end the topic of SoA, wouldn't it be cool if spikemines exploded into a shower of spikes like the manual says they do? Anyways, don't know what else to say. Just some suggestions that I'm bringing back from the dead because SoA is amazing.
        Steel Sentinels remake project developer since 2012.

Comment

• Hello Pringles Man,

Thank you for your feedback for the "Mission pack 1 version" of the SMC.
          I try to answer all your points:

Originally posted by Pringles Man View Post
          Considering the shield is already there, is it possible to have the scourge share the same shield ability in the next MP1 release of SMC?
          Absolutely. The shield code is written pretty compact and universal usable

gremlins stealing other stuff: bits of ammo when they're not taking your weapons and powerups when you have them.
          Currently, Gremlins also steal your ammo but only when they stole your weapon and your ammo is above a specific limit.
          It is not a big problem to make them ONLY steal your ammo. Lets say: when the attempt to steal your weapon failed, they always at least steal some ammo.
          That is a neat idea and keeps the player wanting to hold a distance towards gremlins

Any chance they could share the spider jumping code so they stop getting stuck in midair and in every second wall?
          Yes, I will do.

Anyways, to end the topic of gremlins, here are some weird bugs that the gremlin still has, even in the SMC.
          1. When you kill him with the lightning gun, he spawns an empty backpack
          I just tested this in hip2m3 (at the beginning, there are several gremlins falling out of the tube) and could not reproduce this behaviour. I used SMC Ver. 5.01. When a gremlin stole my lightning gun, I always got it back in his dropped backpack. Even the amount of cell ammo is correct. When the gremlin used up all his cell ammo, I only got the ligthning gun back (without additional ammo). I played with default cvar sets. Everything seems foine for me. Tested it around 10 times.

2. He will sometimes walk over to a corpse and start attacking it instead of recycling it
          Couldnt reproduce it either. If it is a rare bug, then please try to report the cirumstances. I will try to reproduce it then.

3. He fires a nailgun instead of a supernailgun when he steals your supernailgun
          The gremlin does not have animation frames for EVERY weapon. Both shotguns will lead to identical frames (but separate correct projectiles code). The same for grenade, rocket and proximity launcher: They share the same identical frames (but separate correct projectiles code). The Nailguns will lead to identical frames AND identical projectiles code. That is a "bug" in original SoA code. But it does not affect the backpack. It always contains the weapon that it stole from the player.

And to end the topic of SoA, wouldn't it be cool if spikemines exploded into a shower of spikes like the manual says they do?
          Yes, that is indeed a good idea.

Anyways, don't know what else to say. Just some suggestions that I'm bringing back from the dead because SoA is amazing.
          Yes, it definitely is.

Thank you for your ideas and suggestions.
          I will add them to the next mission pack 1 release.
          Or maybe better send an updated progs.dat your way, so you can throw it into your trunk and use it right away, as it doesnt need any additional files.

Regards,
          Seven

Comment

• Dear all,

Just wanted to summarize the things that has happened since last week (when Beta V5.20 was released) for the people who are interested:

1) Extended the "Demon motion blur" feature:
            The effects transparency is now adjustable, to be able to match it to your individual in-game lighting setting. Effect now also works with "adjustable monster size" feature enabled

2) Shalrath "jumping and hanging on ceiling" feature:
            Minimum distance to ceiling can be adjusted now (so she can jump everywhere now !!!)
            Shalrath´s feet now really touches the ceiling when hanging (no more big space between as before)
            Added a minimum time frame between jumps (to avoid weird looking fast jump frequency).
            Bugfix: Added .pain_finished value when attacked on ceiling (no more animation stutters)
            She behaves a lot better now and I am really satisfied with it.

3) Pain skin feature added into SMC
            (independent to used monster model/skin replacements)

4) New Monster: Carnivean added
            Walking monster who swings its scythe for melee attacks and throws different projectiles for ranged attack. Abilities:
            - ranged combat: Throws randomly different projectiles (rocks and explosives towards the player)
            - explosives can set the player on fire
            - rocks pushes the player backwards
            - melee combat: Adds deep wounds with his deadly scythe
            - Carniveans are heavy minions who spread fear and terror among others

Concept:

I hope I will have the time this weekend to release a new Beta.
            Even though feedback is not what I expected, but I can understand.
            People tend to wait for final releases and dont want to lose time in testing stupid beta versions. Maybe I should better skip the Beta releases.
            I miss webangel who always was a big help in testing and supporting.

Have a nice day and take care.

Best wishes,
            Seven
            Last edited by Seven; 05-22-2015, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• Sweet. Can't wait for the finished vore. I remember editing .ent files to have the vore upside-down and getting it stuck in the ceiling so it would give the spider illusion lol. It was kind of unreliable...naturally. Although I am a bit puzzled as to why you wanted to make a pain skin if we already have a little-known DP cvar which pretty much does that: "cl_decals_models" "1". Although it is kind of weird looking at times and is very buggy with the frederikh shambler, it does its job quite well. At the very least, I would recommend anyone to give it a try. The new monster looks out of this world. Are you modeling it from scratch or did you get a model for it somewhere? Very promising concept IMO. Also, thanks for considering my suggestions!

Comment

• Sorry Seven, but I have little time to test betas now as I used to. I love your continued dedication to your awesome SMC!!!!!

Best wishes my friend!!

Comment

• I just found a glitch in the SMC which occurs when you telefrag Shub Niggurath while the teleport zoom view is activated. The zoom freezes, making everything blurry and basically stops you from seeing anything. The only way to properly see the ending after that is to set your field of view rediculously low. And even then it's quite bad. Random feedback as requested : )

Comment

• Hi Seven,
                    thank you and thanks for your update. Im here almost all the time.

Oh I lost almost all of our stuff because I had several hdd problems...again.
                    So....
                    Great that you include the painskin feature to your SMC.

Is there something special where I can help you??
                    I have some restless fingers atm....

Best wishes Seven.

Originally posted by Seven View Post

I miss webangel who always was a big help in testing and supporting.

Best wishes,
                    Seven
                    Last edited by webangel; 05-23-2015, 02:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                      2) Shalrath "jumping and hanging on ceiling" feature:
                      Minimum distance to ceiling can be adjusted now (so she can jump everywhere now !!!)
                      Shalrath´s feet now really touches the ceiling when hanging (no more big space between as before)
                      Added a minimum time frame between jumps (to avoid weird looking fast jump frequency).
                      Bugfix: Added .pain_finished value when attacked on ceiling (no more animation stutters)
                      She behaves a lot better now and I am really satisfied with it.
                      Hey, Seven! I'm incredibly excited about this one! Now, I've played Nehahra, and I always thought it would take model editing to bring this to Quake, so I couldn't even hope this would ever make it to SMC, but, as always, you're a genius!

So, anyway, in the vein of this, can I ask you to consider this request for the next SMC update? Now I've always thought that the Shalrath is undoubtedly the most demonic-looking and blood-freezing of all the Quake monsters. Others sure do look bad-ass, but not as creepy, nightmare-inducing, and haunting as the Shalrath (the spider legs must have something to do with it). So I think it would be really scary, and heart-pounding and [insert other awesome word here] to have her run ferociously towards the player from time to time, or maybe in certain levels/positions, or some time after noticing the player, or something like that (maybe with some spider legs sound effects?). Add that to the wall-hanging and the homing projectiles and you've got yourself a prefect Halloween present!
                      I don't know if it's as exciting in actuality as in my sick paranoid mind, but, please, give it a thought or two.

This mod is priceless! Keep up the good work!
                      MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

• Hello Pringles Man,

I edited the "Mission Pack 1 - SMC" accoding to your requests and reports:
                        1.) Gremlins jump behaviour: They will not get stuck at walls or midair anymore.
                        2.) Gremlins steal weapons ability: Now supernailgun and nailgun behave differently
                        3.) Gremlins steal ammo ability: Now Gremlin will steal some of your current ammo if his attempt to steal your weapon fails (their success will be printed on the top left corner of the screen)

Please find the DOWNLOAD below.
                        I couldnt test it thoroughly, so please see if you find anything you do not like.

===================================

Although I am a bit puzzled as to why you wanted to make a pain skin if we already have a little-known DP cvar which pretty much does that: "cl_decals_models" "1". Although it is kind of weird looking at times
                        The mentioned engine feature cannot be compared to a real pain skin texture. To see some screenshots, please visit this thread. Anyhow, the pain skin feature can also be used in additon to the engines feature. Or as usual you can disable it via cvar if you do not like it. It is always good to have options, no ?

The new monster looks out of this world. Are you modeling it from scratch or did you get a model for it somewhere? Very promising concept IMO.
                        No, I could not make an animated monster model. It is an existing model which I try to pursuade to join the Quake game. Until now it is very cooperative. Every monster has its price...

Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
                        Sorry Seven, but I have little time to test betas now as I used to. I love your continued dedication to your awesome SMC!!!!!
                        Nevermind Jeff, I know. Anyhow I hope that you will have the time to enjoy the final versions.

I just found a glitch in the SMC which occurs when you telefrag Shub Niggurath while the teleport zoom view is activated.
                        Thank you for your report. Yes, that behaviour makes sense. Bug is fixed now.

By the way: I just played the end map with the "shalrath jumping and hanging on ceiling" feature. LOL I love it. That is completely new situation and needs new strategies.

Originally posted by webangel View Post
                        Hi Seven,
                        thank you and thanks for your update. Im here almost all the time.
                        Did you test the beta update already ? If yes, please report any ideas, requests, bugs you have or found.

Great that you include the painskin feature to your SMC.
                        It was a little tricky due to all the additional features of smc, such as gibbable corpes, after death animations, customizable monster sizes, multimodel + multiskin feature and so on. But fortunately it works as it should now.

Is there something special where I can help you??
                        I have some restless fingers atm....
                        Best wishes Seven.
                        There is more than enough work to do. Code, model, texture, sound, particle, shader ... In most of these you are more skilled than I am.
                        "webangel + seven": That sounds familiar and smells like good old days we had
                        So, if you are willing to give up sleeping, only eat in front of your monitor, turn off all phones, cancel all family and friends dates, then you are more than welcome to join the party
                        If yes, all the rest via email from now on.

Originally posted by hgdagon View Post
                        Hey, Seven! I'm incredibly excited about this one!
                        Now I've always thought that the Shalrath is undoubtedly the most demonic-looking and blood-freezing of all the Quake monsters. Others sure do look bad-ass, but not as creepy, nightmare-inducing, and haunting as the Shalrath (the spider legs must have something to do with it).
                        For me its her unforgetable screaming.

Originally posted by hgdagon View Post
                        So I think it would be really scary, and heart-pounding and [insert other awesome word here] to have her run ferociously towards the player from time to time , or maybe in certain levels/positions, or some time after noticing the player, or something like that (maybe with some spider legs sound effects?). Add that to the wall-hanging and the homing projectiles and you've got yourself a prefect Halloween present!
                        I don't know if it's as exciting in actuality as in my sick paranoid mind, but, please, give it a thought or two.
                        We have the most important feature onboard already: see cvar "monster_run_animation_speed_factor".
                        And Yes, the zombie and the shalrath are the most slowly moving monsters. On top of that, the shalrath pause between her shots is really small, so she almost will not walk an inch when she has a free line of sight towards you.

But yes, together with the mentioned feature and a random check we can make her act like you described. She will skip throwing projectiles but will start to run towards the player for a time (until a given vlen() limit). Then she will continue her deadly shots again. While she do it, she will scream, as that is what we love. She already has footstep sounds in the SMC, if you didnt notice. It is hard to hear because she waks (runs so little). You can use noclip to hide behind a wall after she sees you, then she will stop throwing search you. Then you will hear her nice footsteps very clearly.

Thank you all for your suggestions and feedback !
                        It is really appreciated.
                        Seven

PS:
                        One sad news: imgbox.de (the place where I uploaded ALL my screenshots) is no longer free. So they deleted all of them. That means I will have to re-upload them in all threads and all posts... This will take some time.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• hi seven
                          -
                          i'm away from my quake capable pc right now so i can't test beta update, but i have one question. does walking on the ceiling apply only for the shalrath or for those smaller spiders too? it would be really scary to have them runnig quicky on the ceiling behind the player, dropping down and ... surprise attack!
                          -
                          jakub
                          my projects so far:

Travail retextured ___/___ Knave HD textures
                          Tronyn in high definiton ___/___Abyss of Pandemonium HD textures
                          Nehahra rtlights and other experiments

Comment

• really loving the shallrath hanging on ceiling feature

i have two requests though for additional expansions of the feature:

can you add an option to make a shalrath immediately jump to the ceiling on map-start and stay there?
                            that would really make a fun surprise imo, if a shalrath you know is normally there will be on the ceiling instead

and could you also add an option for minimum damage that needs to be done for shalrath to fall down?
                            its a bit odd that she seeems to fall down with every hit, imo it should only happen with a rocket or a grenade.

also looking forward to another new monster!
                            its always great to see more expansion of quake's armies, and the pics of the monster look awesome
                            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by jakub1 View Post
                              hi seven
                              -
                              i'm away from my quake capable pc right now so i can't test beta update, but i have one question. does walking on the ceiling apply only for the shalrath or for those smaller spiders too? it would be really scary to have them runnig quicky on the ceiling behind the player, dropping down and ... surprise attack!
                              -
                              jakub
                              Hello Jakub,

Even though the current released/downloadable Beta is an early Beta in which not all of the extended shalrath feature, as described here are implemented. But nevertheless it will give you a first impression where the journey goes. Please first play/try it to get the feeling what she does. I think you misunderstood the "hanging on ceiling" with "walking on ceiling".

But YES, I fully agree that when the small spiders would run there and drop/jump down towards the player, that would be really great and I would throw away my mouse scared to death

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                              really loving the shallrath hanging on ceiling feature

i have two requests though for additional expansions of the feature:

can you add an option to make a shalrath immediately jump to the ceiling on map-start and stay there?
                              that would really make a fun surprise imo, if a shalrath you know is normally there will be on the ceiling instead
                              Hello talisa,

In the post here I wrote something about it:
                              Originally posted by Seven View Post
                              I will most definitely also add this for the spider monsters in the "small mod compilation". And add an extra option, that they will randomly hang on ceilings when the map starts. That gives a much bigger suprise affect for the player, when they attack from above
                              I already have an idea how that could work...
                              But as you know, the smc should work in all maps. And modifying the start point of a monster is alsways exteremely dangerous, as it may not work with the map layout. A mapper should add a flag to a monster to make it spawn from ceiling. I am not sure if I should implement something on a random base. It is risky and maybe should avoided. Nobody knows how the roof above the spider looks like and in the end she could be caught/stuck up there or something weird....

and could you also add an option for minimum damage that needs to be done for shalrath to fall down?
                              its a bit odd that she seeems to fall down with every hit, imo it should only happen with a rocket or a grenade.
                              I am not sure yet, but I will look into it. My ToDo list should shrink and not extend. I already now dont know where to start first, hahaaa.

also looking forward to another new monster!
                              its always great to see more expansion of quake's armies, and the pics of the monster look awesome
                              I didnt want to show real in-game screenshots yet. The monster is ready to rumble already. Just wanted to make it a little suprise. But the pic is looking not too different (but the scythe is missing). Of course it has much less detail than the pic obviously.

I will not release it until the Reiver is done. He will be without a doubt the ultimate monster (at least for smc). Lets see.
                              Last edited by Seven; 05-23-2015, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• seven, the shalrath can hang on the sky in e3m6. Dont know if you already fixed it in the new beta.
                                I couldnt find any other bugs while i was playing. Looks good so far. Keep it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X