No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seven stopped updating the mission-pack versions of SMC at one point because there are barely any fan-made maps that require the mission-packs and 99% of maps use regular quake.

and because of the fact updating mission-pack SMC too would mean doing the exact same work three times.
    which understandable isnt fun at all, to have to copy&paste the same pieces of code three times...
    and the SMC has beceome quite massive meaning it would be countless hours of work to keep the mission-packs updated too.

though the only two things i feel are really missing most when playing the mission-packs
    are the flashlight that was added in v5.20 and the instant-melee-attack from v5.30

i personally use both all the time, especially the flashlight is the just best thing ever.

if we could just have those two features in the mission-packs id be happy.
    all the other things would be nice, but not really neccesary as much.
    Last edited by talisa; 01-28-2017, 02:00 PM.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Agreed that I really loved the flashlight and quick melee attack. Those were the two things that motivated me to start on this. At a glance, I think these things were missing from the current Rogue SMC pack that I'm adding by bringing it up to 5.4:

New Monsters:
      * Carnivean
      * Reiver
      * Teneb
      * Torment
      * Yakman
      Quick melee
      Flashlight
      Personal teleporter
      Mini-player HUD
      Mage weapon
      Weapon Position Right (for the original weapons, I don't think I can add this for the new weapons with the help of an artist)
      Painskins
      Player shirt color matches armor
      Shalraths on the ceiling
      Spiders on the ceiling
      Enforcer shields
      Demon jump motion blur
      Flying dust around the player
      Blood puddles
      Weapon specific crosshairs
      Animated crosshairs
      Distance crosshairs
      Lavagun animations
      Plasmagun animations
      Ghost psycho effect
      Ogre particle effects
      Teamonster's ogre model support added
      Player taunts (optional as always!)
      Gibbing improvements
      Eatable gibs
      Health/ammo boxes at random angles
      Powerup counter improvements
      Chainsaw particles
      Statues don't bleed
      Projectile improvements
      Checks to prevent spiders from spawning in the water
      CSQC HUD icons

And probably more
      Last edited by enderandrew; 02-03-2017, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• oh yeah, pain-skins are also really nice, those should definitely be high priority too imo to get those into mission-packs!

and of course the blood improvements should be high priority too

reiver i think would fit extremely well into rogue, as rogue is more dark horror themed.
        he would make a great optional replacement for the wraths as they both very similar enemies, flying skeletons which throw homing projectiles at the player

and maybe a more powerfull and biger version which has all powers enabled and higher HP could make a great optional overlord replacement

i also loooove the shalrath hanging-on-ceilings feature from SMC5.20, especially with the start-on-ceiling option enabled

always makes for an unexpected scare, if you walk into a seemingly-empty room while you know there's supposed to be a monster there...
        and then suddenly boom spikeball to your face from above and you look up to find there's a shalrath hanging on the ceiling

randomly-angled ammo & health pickups from SMC5.20 is a really great feature too,
        it makes the world of quake feel more real, to have pickups appear to be just dropped there instead of carefully placed.

oh, and of course the option to have different armor pickups used in non-base maps!
        so that in non-base maps you can have Makke's medieval-looking armor appear instead

and the hud effects when you have powerups active, like the big pent and quad flashing on-screen... those are great.
        and the rotating hud models for keys and powerups are really neat too.

but those are all things that would be nice, and you wouldnt really feel like they are missing if they arent in the mission-packs.

blood-effects, painskins, flashlight and quick-melee you do really miss though,
        those couple features should definitely have high priority.
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• It also looks like multiskin support is there for the sword, but not the eel or wrath. I'll try to fix that.

Comment

• the wrath does have multi-skin in rogue. i got 2 skins for the wrath myself.

multi-model for eel would be kinda pointless, afaik the only skin available is the one from WebAngel

also, skin1-5 are already reserved for the eel's 'electricity' effect when it zaps the player,
            which would explain why there's no multi-skin available for it.

same reason why the spawn doesnt have multi-skin in rogue,
            as skin1 and skin2 are already reserved for the hellspawn.

Comment

• Sorry, I meant multi-model but I was posting as I ran out the door. I'd like to be able to still support a second model of tarbaby/spawn even with the hellspawn taking up skin spots on the first model.

Likewise I want to add multi-model support for the eel and wrath.

Comment

• you could always use tarbaby1.mdl and tarbaby2.mdl, and allow 2 skins for each

again i repeat, the wrath already has multi-skin & multi-model

Comment

• I'm just about done with my initial version of Rogue-SMC-5.4. I don't know if Seven is reading this thread currently, but I'm hoping for a source release of SMC 5.5 to bump this all the way to being current with 5.5. features. If someone wants to help beta-test it for bugs of regressions, please let me know and I'll send you a copy.

I had to move the quick melee attack to Impulse 24 (make sure you bind a key appropriately!) since in Rouge they added a few CTF keys:

20 - Toss Backpack
                  21 - Toss Weapon
                  22 - Change Weapon
                  23 - Team Flag Status Report

One thing I'm a little unsure of is I see in the code for many of the monsters items like this:

// precache_model ("progs/skull.mdl"); // precached in worldspawn() due to savegame-bug
                  // precache_sound ("vengeance/hknightmag.wav"); // precached in worldspawn() due to savegame-bug

But not all of the sounds or models have been moved to worldspawn(). I don't understand why certain ones were and others weren't.

My initial release aims to be pretty much a copy of what I assume Seven would have done in bringing Rouge-SMC up to 5.4. One of the only true changes I've introduced is that lava nails have been added to the list of weapons that can light a monster on fire. That just seemed like common sense.

Specifically, this line in each monster's code is changing from:

if (((self.enemy.weapon == IT_GRENADE_LAUNCHER) || (self.enemy.weapon == IT_ROCKET_LAUNCHER)) && (zufa <= autocvar_burning_monsters_death_animation) && (self.watertype != CONTENT_WATER)) // when enemy was killed with explosives, set it on fire

To this:

if (((self.enemy.weapon == IT_GRENADE_LAUNCHER) || (self.enemy.weapon == IT_MULTI_GRENADE) || (self.enemy.weapon == IT_ROCKET_LAUNCHER) || (self.enemy.weapon == IT_MULTI_ROCKET) || (self.enemy.weapon == IT_LAVA_NAILGUN) || (self.enemy.weapon == IT_LAVA_SUPER_NAILGUN)) && (zufa <= autocvar_burning_monsters_death_animation) && (self.watertype != CONTENT_WATER)) // when enemy was killed with explosives or lava nails, set it on fire

My next release will go a step further. The monsters added in SMC oddly enough don't get the same treatment as the original monsters. They don't all have support for color variations, size variations, the fancy death animations (ghost, vengeance, grimrock, etc), burning death animations, etc.

I plan on adding all of these to each of the SMC monsters. Basically everything except multimodel/multiskin. Some of these do have a second skin that is already supported, but there aren't enough extra models and textures for these creatures to warrant that feature.

I'm also adding multskin (second skin included), painskin, adjustable health, random color and random size support to the dragon. Some of that may seem overkill for the single boss fight, but it might put you on your toes if the dragon is a little tougher here and there.

Once I'm satisfied with the Rogue-SMC release, I'll do the Hipnotic version as well.

Comment

• As a brief update, my version of Rogue-SMC updated to 5.4 compiles cleanly, starts up and appears to work. Painskins are working, quick melee, flashlight, etc.

However I'm having an intermittent crash when killing enemies sometimes. I'll spin off my efforts into my own thread.

I need to hunt down the source of the crash and this is driving me nuts.

^7Host_Error: NULL function in server
                    ^7QuakeC crash report for server:
                    ^7s18066: ^3CALL2 ClientObituary (=ClientObituary())
                    ^7s18067: ^1ADDRESS self (=entity 667), takedamage (=.takedamage), GLOBAL17467
                    ^7s18068: ^1STOREP_F IMMEDIATE (=0), GLOBAL17467
                    ^7s18069: ^1ADDRESS self (=entity 667), touch (=.touch), GLOBAL17467
                    ^7s18070: ^1STOREP_FNC SUB_Null (=SUB_Null()), GLOBAL17467
                    ^7s18071: ^3CALL0 monster_death_use (=monster_death_use())
                    ^7s18072: ^6FIELD_FNC self (=entity 667), th_die (=.th_die), GLOBAL17467
                    ^7s18073: ^3CALL0 GLOBAL17467
                    ^7 combat.qc : Killed : statement 48
                    ^7 combat.qc : T_Damage : statement 237
                    ^7 combat.qc : T_RadiusDamage : statement 89
                    ^7 reiver.qc : reiver_death_touch : statement 22 <---------- This line changes with each crash, but the rest seems to be consistent.
                    ^7Host_ShutdownServer
                    ^7Client "player" dropped
                    ^7CL_Disconnect
                    ^7Sending clc_disconnect
                    ^7CL_Disconnect
                    ^7Host_ShutdownServer
                    ^7OpenGL Backend shutting down
                    ====== Log stopped (Wed Feb 08 11:09:58 2017) ======
                    Last edited by enderandrew; 02-08-2017, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• Dogskin in ID1 multiskin starter kit 5.30

Hello,

there seems to be a problem with the dogskin in the multiskin pack 5.30.
                      I use "darkplacesenginewindowsonly20140513" with SMC 5.30 + SMC update 5.41 + SMC Multiskin 5.30.

The hires skin for the ID1 dog are not shown. Only the painskin will be displayed, as shown in the pic bellow.

I tried different settings in the smc conf file but the skin won't be loaded. Also I've tried different later darkplaces beta versions with the same result.

Is there a way to activate the skin or is it a bug? Has anyone such a problem with the skins?

Thanks for your reply,

condor-2-4-2
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Hello Condor-2-4-2,

Looks good to me. Everything works as intended.
                        Maybe you are expecting something different ? What exactly do you expect ?

The dog that you see in your screenshot is as detailed and sharp as a Quake dog can be. It is capnbubs dog. You surely have already read the readme.txt so you knew it.
                        If you expect a photorealistic model with an even more photorealistic texture like this one, then Quake is not for you.

You will find more dog models & textures inside the 'Starter Kit'. Maybe you will like them more... give it a try.

Have fun,
                        Seven

Comment

• Originally posted by Condor-2-4-2 View Post
                          Hello,

there seems to be a problem with the dogskin in the multiskin pack 5.30.
                          I use "darkplacesenginewindowsonly20140513" with SMC 5.30 + SMC update 5.41 + SMC Multiskin 5.30.

The hires skin for the ID1 dog are not shown. Only the painskin will be displayed, as shown in the pic bellow.

I tried different settings in the smc conf file but the skin won't be loaded. Also I've tried different later darkplaces beta versions with the same result.

Is there a way to activate the skin or is it a bug? Has anyone such a problem with the skins?

Thanks for your reply,

condor-2-4-2
                          The painskin is just the blood splotches which are overlaid on the normal monster skin. Echoing what Seven said, that looks like the higher res dog skin in SMC.

This is what the original looks like:

Comment

• Hello seven,

I expected the skin which is shown bellow. This is from Quake Reforged project.
                            I thought that was this one that is in the multiskin pack.

greetings,

condor-2-4-2
                            Attached Files

Comment

• capnbub's dog uses a different UV so textures for the ID1 dog model will NOT work on it

however, there is a great HD skin available for capnbubs' dog by QuadRocket

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vs2dj8emom...20dog.rar?dl=0

Comment

• SMC 5.41 crash

I use version SMC v5.41

Game crashes a few times when I used together cheats :
                                https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2s...ew?usp=sharing
                                god
                                notarget
                                noclip
                                impulse 9

It happens when you kill a few enemies, for example, with a grenade launcher.

Greetings

Comment

Working...
                                X