• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seven
    replied
    Originally posted by talisa View Post
    wow, you're still on XP... why?
    I use the OS for much more than only writing mails or forum posts.
    Editing/adjusting all the used software, work chains and network stuff is very time consuming on one side. On the other side there are games that do not run well on newer OS. I am a guy who likes 20+ year old games, so...

But it should be clear as holy water that I will sooner or later have to move to a windows version with my name in it.

Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
    Seven
    I have been fortunate with a good promotion at work and extra money made in the summer. I can now dual boot between windows 10 and 7 on my new machine and I still have my old XP machine as well to experiment with games such as Quake.
    That sounds good and congratulations for your promotion.

Originally posted by Lacrima View Post
    Have 5.30 and want upgrade 5.50 but there only is 5.41 dropbox link. I read about 5.50beta. Someone can give me download link to 5.50?

Thank you very much and Happy Birthday Quake!
    Aye, will have to merge them into 1 download soon I guess.
    Please find the newest SMC version on page 273, hidden inside this post.

Have fun,
    Seven

Leave a comment:

• Lacrima
    replied
    Have 5.30 and want upgrade 5.50 but there only is 5.41 dropbox link. I read about 5.50beta. Someone can give me download link to 5.50?

Thank you very much and Happy Birthday Quake!

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    aye second life sales have helped a loooot with saving up for anything.

thanx to the same sales i was able to get myself another 3TB HDD last month (other HDDs were all chockfull... games, music, movies & TV-series mostly),
    and was able to get myself a 3rd monitor last week to add to my dual-monitor setup to turn it into a triple-monitor setup,

which were both things ive been wanting to get for a quite while.

Leave a comment:

• gdiddy62
    replied
    Nice Talisa!

I wish you the best Blood Vengeance!

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    sales of products i made for second life helped a looooot for me with saving up for my gpu

i released several body-harnesses in january and ive also made corset-piercings and just last week i released a bikini,
    and ive been making about ~100 US dollar a month from sales of all of those items

without those sales i prolly wouldnt have been able to buy the gpu untill like, about now

Leave a comment:

• Blood Vengeance
    replied
    Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
    Seven
    I have been fortunate with a good promotion at work and extra money made in the summer. I can now dual boot between windows 10 and 7 on my new machine and I still have my old XP machine as well to experiment with games such as Quake.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune Blood Vengeance.
    Don't worry, misfortune is my "bride" since many years, but I would like to divorce as soon as possible

Leave a comment:

• gdiddy62
    replied
    Seven

Sorry to hear of your misfortune Blood Vengeance.

Leave a comment:

• Blood Vengeance
    replied
    Oh tons of envy here from myself, my pc is quite an old ass and I'm forced to keep it for other years since I'm unemployed unfortunately

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    heh i just got an MSI GTX 980 TI 6GB 2 months ago...

cost me 700euro, but it was worth every single buck i spend on it
    its a beast of a gpu and can run even the newest games and the most gpu-intensive games
    like ryse son of rome, shadow of mordor, the new tomb raider and doom4
    all on ultra settings (and with downsampling enabled) with a solid 60+ fps

also wow, you're still on XP... why? windows 7 is a perfect replacement for xp imo.
    it has all the greatness from XP plus the few nice things from vista (mainly aero),
    but without all the broken-ness from vista, and it still has a very much usable UI which is similar to XP
    Last edited by talisa; 06-30-2016, 09:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Seven
    replied
    Hello JDStoner,

Do not worry about a single floating debris when you shoot an exploding box.
    That can happen when it is placed too close to a wall. Darkplaces collision code is a little bit different/special to others…
    If you do not like exploding boxes to produce debris parts, you can: set debris 0

It is good to hear that you finally got a new computer. I have heard that also gdiddy62 has a GTX_970 GPU now.
    You guys have too much money, hehe. I will have to update as well… Especially my windows OS. It is still XP.

Regarding the sky texture on that screenshot:
    You maybe have missed the moving skies compilation set I uploaded some time ago.
    That one is part of it. It is a mixture of some others. Maybe you find some that you like.

Thank you for your kind words about the SMC.
    I try my best to bring all my ideas and the ones the community has into it and still keep compatibility with original and fan made maps so that you can enjoy it for as many maps as possible.

Have a nice time.

Leave a comment:

• JDSTONE
    replied
    http://quakeone.com/attachment.php?a...1&d=1467218590

IN DOPA E5M1 i am getting an exploding box that has parts floating and spinning after i blow it up. i think its a box part but it could be a body gib its hard to tell with all the carnage. i set the exploding boxes to not be kick-able i think. the new AI is kicking my ass. lots of good fun!!! and can you link me to the sky you are using or let me know what pak in your dopa screen shot. new computer new set up, so im finding all the things i like again.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Seven
    replied
    Hello Alexandra,

There are basically 3 things that you need to know regarding your issues:

1.) Run & shoot feature
    You have 5 independent cvars to enable/disable this feature for these monster types since v5.50 Beta_3:
    - soldier (aka grunt)
    - enforcer (regular)
    - enforcer - defender
    - enforcer - pyro
    - enforcer - eliminator

If you do not use replacement models for these monsters, you can enable them and it will work as it should.
    If you use the SMC ‘Starter Kit’, you can also enable them and it will work as it should.

If you use other replacement monster models, it will not work for that monster type. This is also explained in the readme.txt !
    Tabun´s enforcer is one of those replacements which will not work with the run & shoot feature, so please disable the enforcer run&shoot cvar.
    The soldier and other enforcer types run&shoot feature will still work of course.

2.) Monster death animations
    The SMC has additional new death animations for monsters. You can enable/disable them all via cvars.
    Some of them depend on the weapon that you are using. If you kill a monster with the lightning gun it can either be roasted (like barbecue), or vaporized it into thin air. If you kill a monster with explosive weapons it can be set on fire and runs around in panic screaming for some seconds.
    There are also some other death animations, which I implemented a long time ago such as the “Legend of Grimrock” effect, or the ancient ghost effect, the relieved soul effect or the vengeance effect.

If you disable those features via cvar, all death animations will 100% be original ones !

So, if you kill a monster with the lighting gun and have the new lighting gun death animation enabled, its skin gets burned / dark and it will remain for a few seconds in a random pain state (like a statue) before it will break apart into hundreds coal pieces. That is one of my favorite weapon effects. Flying monsters fall down to the ground and crush into pieces.

3.) config settings
    You mentioned that you disabled kickable gibs (kickgibs 0) but they are still kickable.
    There is no bug in the SMC in this regards, so it must be the config file that you are using / editing.
    First of all, all SMC settings must be set inside a config file called: smc_config.cfg
    The readme.txt explains it and I also included an smc_config.cfg with all existing cvars and their default values into the download. Please use this file and edit your SMC / Quake to your personal likings.

If you notice that your game does not follow the config cvar settings, there must be another config file overriding the one you are editing. Please be aware that Darkplaces adds / saves config files into this folder on your windows hdd:
    Users/<you>/mydocuments/mygames/Darkplaces/
    Please delete all configs in this folder or use the -nohome command to ignore them. Only configs in your Quake folder will be used then.

I hope I could clear up a few things for you and you can now enjoy your Quake as you want it.
    If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Basically, if you encounter any unusual behavior, you should first see where it comes from.
    Your screenshot shows that you are using many replacement .pk3´s with for me unknown content and naming.
    There might be even additional subfolders or .pak files that I cannot see. As the screenshot is cropped…

You should start with a fresh Quake installation and only essential files to see if it is mod or replacement depending.
    Quake does not need a real installation, so you can create a folder anywhere and name it "Quake_test", put the "id1" subfolder with only pak0.pak & pak1.pak in it.
    Extract your engine of choice into "Quake_test" and start it. Then put more and more replacements into it until you find the root cause. Sometimes you will be surprised what was causing it

Best wishes,
    Seven

Leave a comment:

• Alexandra
    replied
    @talisa

You're right. I thought the 5.50 b3 pk3 being last in the load order would make it OK, but I guess not. I've disabled the enforcer run'n'gun for now.

In any case they still freeze in midair while dying. Wonder why?

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    @alexandra

it sounds to me like you are trying to use the run&gun feature with tabun's enforcer

keep in mind you can NOT use hi-poly replacement models in combination with the running&shooting feature.
    this feature was taken from nehahra and requires special models that have additional frames added for these animations.
    and all available hi-poly replacement models do NOT have these additional frames

using run&gun feature can NOT be used with tabun's enforcer model,
    because tabun's enforcer does NOT have the additional frames for run&gun animations.

Leave a comment:

• Alexandra
    replied
    Thanks Seven, as always, for your hard work on this great mod.

I just updated from 5.30 to 5.50 b3. A few questions...

- When enforcers die they usually start to fall over but then immediately freeze in midair. I am using multiskin and Tabun's enforcer model. I remember having this issue with 5.30 so it's not new.

Theory: Maybe my order of file loads is wrong. Here's how they're arranged:

If not that then perhaps it's Tabun-related.

- kickgibs is 0, but gibs are still kickable. Not sure if this just started or not. Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X