• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zombies can't die from lava, right?
    Souvenirs d'un autre monde

Comment

• I'm all for your surprises Seven!!

This SMC has changed Quake into a living and dynamic world with all of the new particle effects, thanks again Jakub!!, and the abilty for multiple skins!!

Comment

• @seven
        oh sorry, i am not a quake modder myself so i dunno about QC and such myself really, lol.
        ah well, shame you cant add the hud weapons becoming only 50% transparent instead of fully invisible.
        wouldve been cool it would have been possible through the SMC

@gdiddy62
        sure, here it is: splitters multi-skin pk3
        it does NOT include any of the hi-poly models themselves, but it has the overriding models inside the pk3 removed,
        so itll work just fine if you only want to use the hi-poly replacement models and not the old ID1 models for those monsters

settings for use with my multi-skin pk3 have to be like this:
        set demonmultiskin 0
        set dogmultiskin 1
        set enforcermultiskin 0
        set fishmultiskin 1
        set hknightmultiskin 1
        set knightmultiskin 1
        set ogremultiskin 1
        set shalrathmultiskin 0
        set shamblermultiskin 2
        set soldiermultiskin 2
        set tarbabymultiskin 1
        set wizardmultiskin 0
        set zombiemultiskin 1

for it to work with the hi-poly monsters you'll have to set the multi-skin setting of these monsters to 0 inside the autoexec.cfg,
        and for the shams and grunt if you use my secondary skin pk3s their multi-skin settings have to be set to 2
        if you dont use my secondary skin pk3s, settings for those have to be set to 0 as well
        Last edited by talisa; 02-03-2012, 07:55 AM.
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Thanks!!!!!

Comment

• welcome

once seanstar reuploads his fiend and vore skins for the hi-poly models
            i'll fix those up too to be usable with the SMC multi-skin feature
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Hello Ghostbreed,

as you know, zombies can only be killed when they get a certain amount of damage in one hit. The amount of 14 hitpoint from lava in this case is too small.
              So the behaviour will be identical to their natural behaviour when you continue shoot them with regular weapons.
              Once the amount in a special time is high enough, they will drop, but stand up again.
              I didnt change this behaviour. They are dead already, so they cannot be "killed"
              Only gibbed...
              I think we should leave this behaviour as it is (also in lava/slime).

If you dont find any more "issues" in V3.7, I can/will continue/concentrate on the "new" thing now.

Hello Jeff,
              Thank you.
              Yes, this update is quite a huge one (maybe V4.0 would have fit better).
              I am not sure if everybody can imagine how long Jakub needed for all the new particle effects... The QC part of this release was (compared to the particles) done quicker.
              But nevertheless, for a rookie like me, long enough to lose some hairs during development

Hello Splitterface,
              Why dont you create a skin pack with 2 .md3 model-skins and 1 .mdl model ?
              You seem to like the md3 models more, so that would be a consequent step.
              Use the .skin method and monsters cvar set to "3" to achive it.
              As I can see, the skins in your released .mdl pack are almost identical to the 'Starter Kit'.
              Have fun.

Kind regards,
              Seven

Comment

• @seven

oh i wouldve loved to do that...
                if there were more then 2 different skin textures available for the hi-poly models

i couldnt find any more different skins made by anyone for the hi-poly models.
                all i know is for the grunt, i could use the 'ranger' player skin for it but thats it.

unless you know anyone else who has made more skins for the hi-poly models?

BTW yes i do totally love the hi-poly replacement models, personally like them way more then the original ID models

btw about the skins in my model pack:
                yes most indeed are the same, i replaced a few which are the dog, fish and tarbaby & zombie.
                and i have removed a lot of the mdl files inside the pk3 so they dont interfere with the hi-poly models,
                and people dont have to go through the process of removing the mdl files from the ID1 models themselves if they only wanna use the hi-poly models and not the ID1 models, cuz with how you set up your starters pack that isnt possible at all, to only use the hi-poly models
                Last edited by talisa; 02-03-2012, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• @ spitterface

ya it was pretty big lol. def much more realistic now.

@ jakub1

thank you for the specific answer.. your work looks great. thnx again

i havent had time to start messing around with it yet but everything looks awesome.
                  Last edited by kreaper; 02-03-2012, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• @kreaper
                    yes, that is cuz i deleted a lot of the files, i removed all the mdl files for the ID1 models which have hi-poly replacements,
                    and the textures that are used for the ID1 models, which saves an awefull lot in file-size

just for fun try opening the original starters pk3, and then my pk3, and compare the amount of files they have
                    original pk3 by seven contains !270! files, and mine just 92

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                      Hello Ghostbreed,

as you know, zombies can only be killed when they get a certain amount of damage in one hit. The amount of 14 hitpoint from lava in this case is too small.
                      So the behaviour will be identical to their natural behaviour when you continue shoot them with regular weapons.
                      Once the amount in a special time is high enough, they will drop, but stand up again.
                      I didnt change this behaviour. They are dead already, so they cannot be "killed"
                      Only gibbed...
                      I think we should leave this behaviour as it is (also in lava/slime).

If you dont find any more "issues" in V3.7, I can/will continue/concentrate on the "new" thing now.
                      Wasn't really an issue, just a question
                      Souvenirs d'un autre monde

Comment

• btw i kinda think thats a shame, about the zombies taking damage too and falling over all the time when in lava/acid

most of the time they dont even attack anymore cuz they keep going in the pain-state and then fall over before they get a chance to attack.

would be kinda cool if you could make it so that zombies dont take damage from lava/acid at all, and even if setting is set to that monsters take damage from lava/acid zombies dont, so they will just keep on walking and throwing gibs like as if they dont feel it at all

which imo actually makes perfect sense now i think of it, why would a zombie be bothered by being on fire or acidizing, right?
                        its already dead and half decomposed, why would it even care at all if its on fire too, right?

Comment

• Hello Splitterface,

please dont do this.
                          Dont start to compare file quantities.
                          You maybe then misunderstood the complete idea behind the 'Starter Kit'.

The 'Starter Kit' did exactly what it supposed to:
                          It shows people how the files must be named.
                          It shows people what the maximum variation is.
                          It is more than easy to delete/rename files.
                          The 'Starter Kit' is part of the "small mod compilation".
                          Without the 'Starter Kit' you would have no idea how to name files or pack them.

Please dont talk bad about the 'Starter Kit'.
                          It is exactly what it was meant to be.

Your pack contains "only 92" files ? What does that mean ?
                          That means that your pack can only bring a variation of 2 monsters types.
                          That is much less.
                          If you want more variation, you need more files.
                          It should be simple to understand.

Please dont get me wrong, but there is nothing to "compare".
                          I hate to talk rude like this, but you should not laugh about something you maybe misunderstood the intenion of.
                          The 'Starter Kit' is highly customizable and it is meant as a Start pack.
                          That is why I called it this way.
                          I could also made a pack with "just" 92 files. What is so funny about it ?
                          But I wanted to show the maximum possibility.
                          Please be more modest. You maybe dont know how much work this all is.

I am very sorry for the rough words of this post.
                          But it is simply not fair to disrespect the work of others like this.
                          Maybe someone else makes a pack with 86 files. And then what ?
                          Is this what counts ?
                          Please understand the meaning of the 'Starter Kit':
                          It taught you how the files/structure must look like.
                          I also taught you how to edit the md3 skin textures to get 2 sets.
                          I feel sad now. I thought you would be thankful.

OK, I have to step 1 or 2 steps backwards now.
                          If this is how people see the "small mod compilation", then I maybe did something wrong here...

Comment

• @seven
                            oh no no, sorry if it came over like that like as if i was talking bad about your starters-kit

it wasnt meant like that at all, im sorry if it came over like i meant it was bad

i only meant to explain to kreaper that my pk3 is so much smaller cuz it contains a lot less files,
                            not meaning its bad that your original one cuz it has so much files.

your starters kit is great, its perfect for seeing how everything should be named and such,
                            and i look at it a lot when doing stuff to check how i should name stuff and such again

i didnt intend to imply at all that my pk3 is better or such in any way, sorry if it sounded like that was what i meant

and my pk3 wasnt meant to be 'better' or such at all, it was merely meant to save people the effort of removing the files themselves if others only wanna use the hi-poly replacement models just like me

Comment

• Sorry - just a 5 min work
                              Why donīt have a Wrack skin for the soldiermodel?

http://www.mediafire.com/?ogosxaof5wf1cbv

Screenshots:

With Gib-Skin!

All Credits goes to OoPpEe, Moo and My-Key. Thank You!

Great Mod!!
                              Last edited by webangel; 02-04-2012, 12:46 PM. Reason: New File

Comment

• @webangel
                                ah yes, i did that too already myself *points a few posts back*
                                and i had planned to copy/paste the blood parts from the normal grunt skin over to the wrack skin, but was to lazy for it

but thanx for doing that

ill be using that skin now instead as secondary skin for my grunt in quake

EDIT: erm nvm... could i please get the textures in normal png format or tga or such webangel? so i can use them as secondary skin for my grunt
                                Last edited by talisa; 02-03-2012, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X