• Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE 20110427

New release: V2.7

Changes since V2.5:
    New features:
    - monster corpses are now gibbable
    - included beautiful Rain+Snow effects (see this thread for details)
    - crucified zombies are now shootable/killable
    - gibs are now always fully visible (dont disappear partially in walls/floors)
    - mission pack 2: High Res explosions for Multi-Grenade-Weapon and Plasma gun (following "effectinfo.txt" now)

Updated features:
    - "Nails stick in walls" also work for normal Nailgun nails now (without interferring with Wizard/Hknight spikes)
    - "Nails stick in walls" now only remain visible for 20 seconds (matching decal fading time)
    - reworked velocity and gravity for kickable gibs as well as making them spin (much more realisitc behaviour)
    - killed a bug in kickable gibs (gibs bouncing on players head infinitely)
    - mission pack 2: Plasma gun shooting animation.
    - mission pack 2: Plasma gun projectile position correction.

Please read included readme.txt for details and credits.

Updated Download Link is available in 1st post.

At the moment only the Quake (ID1) mod compilation is released,
    mission pack 1 + 2 versions will follow shortly.

Kind regards,
    Seven
    Last edited by Seven; 05-01-2011, 11:24 AM.

Comment

great work

really great work seven.
      i love it!!!!!

so much!

Comment

So the increased gravity on the gibs worked when you added the .float gravity; in the defs.qc I am assuming or was there more to getting it working?
        Time to update the mod folder with your progs.dat inside

Comment

Hello OoPpEe,

I asked for support and information about the gravity issue at inside3D: here
          Supa and leileilol kindly replied and told me interesting background of that value as well as the way to implement it into Quake 1.06 as well.

Thank you again for your idea to manipulate the gibs weight with gravity.

Regards,
          Seven

Comment

Thank you Seven !!!!!!!!!

Comment

UPDATE 20110429

This "rain sound topic" (brought on the table by Cobalt), gave me a sleepless night...
              (and weird dreams)
              I searched for free rain + thunder .wav sounds and struggled to find a way to implement them into LordHavocs rain code.
              In the end it worked. Even better than I thought.
              Please dont look at how I made it, you will laugh yourself silly...
              Anyhow, here it is.

Unfortunately just 2 days after I released the V2.7.
              Sorry for the trouble. Now we have a V2.71.

But its worth it, because the new rain sound gives much more atmosphere to the beautiful rain in DarkPlaces.

Please download the newest Version in 1st post (with included rain sound).

Tell me how you like it.

Kind regards,
              Seven

Comment

Awesome work Seven. See you are getting much more familiar with QC editing now
                When I complete my mod - you should def apply your edits to it after

Comment

Hello

brilliant work Seven...the sounds are great.

the gibs have a more realistic feel.

cheers

Sean

Comment

Excellent as always !!!

Comment

Brilliant seven!
                      But I have a question..
                      Is there a way to gib a corpse with more shots?
                      Gibbing a corpse with just 2 or 3 shots is a bit "stupid".. At least I think so..
                      200 años de mi querido PARAGUAY
                      14/05/1811

Comment

Only by editing the source code of his mod.
                        His reasonings for the low damage is simply due to ammo usage. Do you really want to waste 5 shotgun shells on a corpse or do you want those to be used on a live enemy?
                        Seven's is set up basically the same as Quake 3's corpses - gib easy
                        The "stupid" part is in reality - shooting someone (dead or alive) with any weapon aside from a explosive will not cause gibbing. So if you wanted more realism - the best option would be to edit the source so the corpses only take damage from explosives OR make it so every hit they take - the damage done gets "undone" unless the corpses health is negative enough to gib (see code on how the Zombies gib to understand this). The second "Zombie" idea allows weapons with Quad Damage to gib corpses.

Comment

Haha, good one - final release? Whats that?

Anyhow, alot of your other stuff in the mod besides the weather is neat, like the kicking gibs. Only improvement I would add to their code is :

Code:
                          if (!self.waterlevel)
                          // Gib can be kicked
                          else
                          // gib is non solid
                          I noticed on e1m3 in the water I was kicking them out of the water, and thats hard for a player to do. (some of my mod involves slowing the player down alot depending on the waterlevel)

Also the footsteps are nice , but have not looked at that code, as I noticed its not constant footsteps, rather they happen on certain surfaces or could be something to do with players velocity? The extra sounds for the surfaces are nice in the pak file too....and I like now the nails stick in the wall. My mod was messing with ricocheting nails, but its tough code.

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                          UPDATE 20110427

This should be my final release: V2.7

Comment

Originally posted by Cobalt View Post
                            My mod was messing with ricocheting nails, but its tough code.
                            That combined with Nails sticking into walls would be godly.
                            Have it basically a timed event. So if a nail has only been in flight for 1 second or less - it sticks into a wall - any longer it bounces off and hits the ground (modified ricocheting code basically)

Comment

Originally posted by OoPpEe View Post
                              Only by editing the source code of his mod.
                              His reasonings for the low damage is simply due to ammo usage. Do you really want to waste 5 shotgun shells on a corpse or do you want those to be used on a live enemy?
                              Seven's is set up basically the same as Quake 3's corpses - gib easy
                              The "stupid" part is in reality - shooting someone (dead or alive) with any weapon aside from a explosive will not cause gibbing. So if you wanted more realism - the best option would be to edit the source so the corpses only take damage from explosives OR make it so every hit they take - the damage done gets "undone" unless the corpses health is negative enough to gib (see code on how the Zombies gib to understand this). The second "Zombie" idea allows weapons with Quad Damage to gib corpses.
                              Well, I'd want more realism in that part.. So what if gibbing a corpse takes 5 or 6 shots? You're not gonna gib every corpse you found on your way, or you do?
                              And also it's a shame you cannot gib a corpse with the axe (that's should be real)
                              Another shame is that I don't have coding knowledge..
                              200 años de mi querido PARAGUAY
                              14/05/1811

Comment

@ Cobalt

first of all, please be sure that you use DarkPlaces build newer than the "stable" version on LordHavoc´s homepage.
                                The stable version from "april 2010" doesnt work as it should with these footsteps.
                                It also has issues with some shaders, that are used in some enhacements. (available here in this forum)
                                But the builds from 20100831beta2 till today work as they should !

I recommend this build: klick

Yes, the footsteps combine different ideas into one and are a feature I am very happy with.
                                Please read the file: "Readme Footsteps.txt" inside the zip file of the pack for a detailed description.

@ daniocampo1992

No, I will not change it. Please read the file "Readme gibbable corpses.txt" for details.
                                You can of course change it to anything you want.
                                You only have to recompile it afterwards. Thats all. (fteqcc is included)
                                The health is 30 (which leads to 2-4 shotgun shots).
                                Raise it to anything you want.
                                The axe thing is a small price you have to pay, to be able to use Wazat´s amazing work !
                                You will not find any other gibbable corpse mod with the features it provides (see "Readme gibbable corpses.txt" for details as well). except LordHavoc´s "gibabble corpses" in dpmod of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X