• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's Seven?

Comment

• Originally posted by splitterface View Post
      yeah, i already expected that...
      it would be totally awesome though if a hexen2-like underwater view distortion effect could be added to quake too
      LordHavoc explained it here:
      http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-hel...html#post95465

Comment

• i hope someone actually adds that underwater distortion effect some day.
        the underwater effect we have currently in DP is totally lame

EDIT:
        btw sorry for being totally oblivious about the fact that the original quake had that same kick-ass underwater distortion effect,
        i only just got quake a year ago, and never was able to play it with the original engine cuz of that

so i didnt know quake originally had that same effect cuz i always had to use DP cuz quake's original engine doesnt run on win7

well, it can sorta run, but you dont wanna know how
        Last edited by talisa; 05-18-2012, 04:47 AM.
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Seven...you out there?

Comment

• Hi

this mod is really good...i think this thread should be pinned to the top.

@Seven
            I've said a few things to you in the past and i think you're being a bit sensitive about it...were all men and can take a few strong words.

i'm not perfect, but who is?

Seven come back here

peace

Sean

Comment

• I can not get this working. I have the .pk3 in my id1 dir and have removed all progs.dat's from that dir. What am I missing?

edit: I also checked other pk3's for progs.dat and there are none.

Comment

• @metalseed
                did you make sure to also copy the effectinfo and the autoexec provided in the zip into your ID1 folder and rename them to effectinfo.txt and autoexec.cfg?

oh, and the small mod compilation is a DARKPLACES ONLY mod, it wont work with any other engine then darkplaces, cuz it uses a bunch of qc stuff thats exclusive to darkplaces. so if you're using another engine, sorry but it only works with darkplaces

btw lmao at your avatar, cacodeamon goldfish

lemme know if you still cant get it working, and ill help by providing with possible other reasons why it could be that its not working

btw seven, where's you? you still alive?
                i hope you didnt quit or such cuz of some assholes or such like some others have done in the past
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Hi splitterface. Thanks for your reply. Apparently I had not copied those but I have done that now. That seemed to change the look of a couple things on start.bsp like the lava ball shooting up from the 'hard' path and now I see 'smoke' when I jump thru a portal but still no 'rolling smoke' or heat distortion on the 'easy' path :\
                  My \Quake dir is ancient and a ridiculous mess full of who knows what. I'd start with a clean install but only the gods know where my cd is.

btw, I am assuming the files I needed to rename and copy are the 'autoexec ID1 SAMPLE V3.80 !!!! .cfg' and the 'effectinfo for ID1 V3.80.txt' ?
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by metalseed; 06-03-2012, 03:58 PM. Reason: Added quakey.txt (contents of my id1 dir)

Comment

• yes yes, those two files i meant you had to copy and rename
                    you'll need to copy those files and rename them, remove the 'for ID1' parts at end, so they are just simply named autoexec.cfg and effectinfo.txt

about the rolling smoke... those are not part of the smc itself. that rolling fog at portals is done through special ent files, which are included in this mod by web@angel:
                    http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...-overload.html

you however do not need to install web@angels mod to use them, but you'll only need the ent and special effectinfo files inside the 'maps' folder included in her mod pk3. the necesary code to be able to use her ent files is also included in the smc already

oh btw... i can also provide you with a copy of my complete darkplaces folder instead if you want
                    just send me a pm if you want it and ill send you link to a torrent i made of my darkplaces setup
                    Last edited by talisa; 06-03-2012, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• Thanks. I much appreciate your help. Going to try to fix it by hand first. Tired of feeling stupid

Ha! I just broke everything
                      'PRVM_ED_ParseEpair: Can't find function seven_think in server'
                      Last edited by metalseed; 06-03-2012, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• No idea what that error above was but deleting the zReflecting_Overload_DDS.pk3 got my dp working again. still scratching my head :\

Comment

• lols

hmm, well, that should happen, cuz what it means is that the engine cant find the code to use the ent files, which is included in the smc....
                          so it shouldnt do that...

strange... what files do you have in those subfolders of your ID1 folder? cuz i dont see anything in your list of what you have in your ID1 folder that could cause that

Comment

• Heh. piles of old textures and models mostly. I took you up on your offer

Comment

• ah... yes that explains

just now saw your post about using reflecting overload

using it collides with the smc, cuz it includes its own progs.dat whichll override the one from smc cuz the overload mod will be loaded last cuz it has a Z at start of pk3 name

beside, theres no need to use the overload mod at all, the only files you need for the fog are the ent files and the effectinfo files inside the maps folder of the pk3

you can easily open the pk3 with zip or winrar or such. open the pk3, and extract the 'maps' folder into your ID1 folder, thats the only thing you need for the portal fogs and such, that one folder from overload mod

but if you like the animated&reflecting textures from that mod, ive made an extra pk3 some time ago containing only the files needed for those effects: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ogwb39czkfd6d5c

Comment

• @splitter can I have the link to that torrent? I want to compare it to my dp folder structure.
                                http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Working...
                                X