• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi gdiddy62,
    Iīm working on the blood right now.

This is very work in progress...
    Seven discovered a great model.

Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
    Awesome sword Webangel. With a little blood it would look even more awesome than it is already. You and Seven are on a creative roll right now!!
    Last edited by webangel; 10-25-2012, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Hello webangel,

I meant with "the sword doesnt have an animation", that the sword model itself is not changed in the animations.

If you compare it to the soldier model, the run/attack/die/etc. animations are changing the body. The sword is always the same, only turned around its axis or moved up/down.
      That is why we can use EVERY static sword model you want. We only need to copy the sword model positions for the "animations", which is done quite quickly compared to a "living" monster model (which is one of the most difficult things to do !).

@ splitterface

Back when I had the idea with the multiskin/multimodel feature, only 1 replacement model existed for most monster, so I made it max. 2 models with max. 2 skins each ==> 4 versions.
      Now, that we have several replacement models to choose from for some monsters, it would have make more sense to be able to have 4 different models with 1 skin each.
      Because of the fact, that you can use the same model twice or three times if you have more than 1 skin for it.

Changing this now means a lot of double work, which I do not want to do because of time.
      There are much more important things to do now I guess.
      But for the sword I would like to add the possibility to have 4 models with 1 skin each, because it didnt have this feature in V3.81.

@ all,

The internet is full of many amazing things. You only have to take the time and browse it.
      Fortunately some very talented artists have been so kind to distribute their work freely. That is seldom, but it can be found from time to time.

Thank you all for keeping this mod + thread alive.
      Have fun tinkering...

All the best,
      Seven

Comment

• @Webangel
        Looks good! This sword grows on me each time I look at it! Thank you!

@Seven
        Thanks for this mod!

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
          @ all,

The internet is full of many amazing things. You only have to take the time and browse it.
          Fortunately some very talented artists have been so kind to distribute their work freely. That is seldom, but it can be found from time to time.
          Interesting point of view.
          I tend to see that the Internet is full of egomaniacs unable to understand if they do not share their work it wont be appreciated by anyone.
          And few sane talented people that instead knows how the world works.
          Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

• Originally posted by syluxman2803 View Post
            you know, it would be cool if the axe was replaced with this sword. it would look sick!!
            Hello syluxman,
            Sorry, I have overseen your post.
            If you want to replace in your v_axe.mdl viewmodel the axe with a sword, you need to replace the axe model with the sword (but keep the hand) and copy it into all 9 animation frames.

But be aware, that your player model still uses his axe !
            (in 3rd person view or in multiplayer)

// ===========================

Dear all,

Several month ago, OoPpEe wanted to import the dog/cerberus from Resident Evil - Darkside Chronicles into Quake:

Due to copyright this is of course not possible.

But now, this idea seems to be doable, with a free dog model from Psionic.
            This also is another example, that some kind artists release their work freely to be used in other games/projects.

I made a short clip to see it in action:
            [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJVV_QTG7A0&list=UUbX7uVIXqMzBza0YmLJuMdw& index=1&feature=plcp]Quake dog alternative - YouTube[/ame]

DOWNLOAD

Best wishes,
            Seven

Comment

• I bet Webangel could add the texture showing wounds and bones to the dog similar to the one from Resident Evil!

Comment

• great looking dog

would love to have it in quake and be able to use it with multi-skin/multi-model
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• yeah, that dog would look good. the dogs now seen in quake are a little too thick to be menacing.so i think the dog style form from re would be better because they are slim and lithe, giving them a more dangerous appearance.
                  My Avatars!
                  Quake Leagues
                  Quake 1.5!!!
                  Definitive HD Quake

Comment

• Very nice dog Seven. Thank you!

@gdiddy
                    I think on something like that..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZAILyyLEOs]Cerberus - YouTube[/ame]

Please watch it in fullscreen.
                    Last edited by webangel; 10-27-2012, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• not bad

perhaps try adding a nice fur effect to the fur-parts
                      the fur looks plain and flat now.

but the wounds look nice
                      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Hello webangel,

Thank you for your fast reply and work.
                        You morphed the living dog into a 'Quake-ish dog of resurrection'.

You have the right sense and touch for these kind of textures.
                        Really a good 1st try (as you described it yourself).

Before you start to create the missing animations, try to move the skeletal joint of his front legs a little bit upwards (see my sketch). His front legs are looking a bit stiff, because of those low joints.

How is the sword animation come along ?
                        Did you try to start ? Your blood on the textures are looking really nice !
                        Thank you very much.

@ splitterface

The "fur" topic has been discussed a quite long time ago when people have been working on the shambler skin.
                        It is not possible to create a really "fury" looking skin with the tools we actualy have.
                        The Q3A fur-shader is not supported in DP and a normal texture with thousands of hairs is not really possible as well. So a real "fury" skin cannot be done. A diffuse with high hair detail is the best you can go I guess.

Have a nice sunday,
                        Seven

Comment

• @ the dog skeleton
                          erm, thats not the problem seven. the problem is that the dog is missing the elbow joint

thats why the animation looks still, cuz the model is missing the elbow joint
                          what the dog has now are only the wrist and shoulder joints, and the elbow joint is missing

if that joint gets added the animations wont look stiff anymore and the animations will look a lot more realistic

Comment

• Good luck,cant wait for nice fur.mine looks terrible
                            [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36C8t5rPKCk[/ame]
                            WARNING
                            May be too intense for some viewers.
                            Stress Relief Device
                            ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                            ---------------------------
                            .--------------------------

Comment

• @Webangel

Great start! Is there a way to add some bones/ribs showing into the texture you have created? It is looking awesome! Great work so far!!!
                              Last edited by gdiddy62; 10-28-2012, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• @ gdiddy62.
                                Thank you. I try to send you a video link soon.
                                My screengraper is just able to record 10min.

@ Seven.
                                Sorry I do not have made any progress with the animation of any model here.
                                The texture modifications were just quick edits....

I fear I canīt handle the animations. (Need HELP!!)

btw. I like the stiffy walking animations from this dog model. It is looking unhealthy!
                                Last edited by webangel; 10-29-2012, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X