No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can fix the issue of the Nailgun using same code as the Wizard/Scrags spike by simply copying the code and adding (name of function)_enemy
    then ensuring the enemy spike uses the copied code which has the stick in walls part removed.

Comment

Hello OoPpEe,

no I canīt.
      But other people, with more coding knowledge surely could.
      Thats why I released V2.5. It is as good as I could do it.
      It is a "workaround"/compromise for the issue.

Regards,
      Seven

Comment

Ok - PM a link to the source of the older version (keeping the nail into walls code) and let me know the name of the function

Comment

hi seven,
          -
          thanks for swift answer. i also discovered that the main problem was the effectinfo.txt and decals settings. however, deleting effectinfo.txt solved only half of a problem. fps drop was gone, but wizard's and hellknight's spikes remained stuck in the wall. it is not much of a problem unless you are standing on a thin walkaway above an angry hellknight who is firing at you. when a floor of this walkaway is really thin than the hellknight's spikes protrude through the floor. you should try it - it is really funny :-)
          -
          i found source code of one old weapon mod which also used that nail wall hack, but in that mod only nails were affected. i compared that code with your's weapon.qc and the code responsible for nails behavior was almost identical. the problem is that the weapon mod features a lot of new stuff besides this nail-thing so it is impossible for me to find what else must be changed - there are simply too many changes and my limited knowledge of qc is not enough. i will try your updated version asap
          -
          kickable gibs are brutal - they can change the whole level in one bloody mess in no time!
          -
          jakub
          my projects so far:

Travail retextured ___/___ Knave HD textures
          Tronyn in high definiton ___/___Abyss of Pandemonium HD textures
          Nehahra rtlights and other experiments

Comment

Hello Jakub,

Regarding nails-in-wall code:
            Its only in the weapons.qc file (quite in the middle).
            Use a comparing software (winmerge is freeware) and compare the newest .qc version with the one before.
            You will see what has changed.

Regarding kickable gibs:
            Only the head will remain forever in the map. The body parts will be deleted after about 20 seconds.
            Yes, if you keep on walking over body parts, it will be a bloodbath (but only if you gibbd them of course).
            And like everything in the world, one person likes it, the other dont.
            Example bta.monsterīs quote: here

For me, kickable gibs is not so spectacular, because tough monsters are not easy to gib, so I see the effect quite seldom.
            But its fun, when I happen to see it, isnt it ?

You can choose from post #1 the mod version from 2007 (which has no kickable gibs and nails-stick-in walls), but all the rest. If you prefer.

------

I implemented the newest mod version (with fixed nails-in-walls) in the
            complete Quake compilation, that I uploaded for everyone here.

Kind regards,
            Seven

Comment

Back when I had kickable gibs I made all of them kickable (not just heads) but I also made the gibs themselves gib again (just blood) after 30 seconds or if shot. Made for a very bloody game especially in co-op. Imagine a Grunt having 2 rockets fired at him - first hits and gibs him with the second hitting right after resulting in his gibs getting blown to pieces.

Also I recommend everyone to re-tag the zombie projectile gib. It has blood behind it - however it doesn't leave a decal. Retag it to use the standard gib and then you got more blood

Comment

to seven,
                -
                i didn't express myself clearly - i do like these kickable gibs :-) and i like the idea that only super spikes stay in the walls. it makes supernailgun something special.
                -
                jakub
                my projects so far:

Comment

jakub,

sorry I misunderstood you.
                  So that means we have the same affection/liking
                  Glad you like the final mod version.

OoPpEe,
                  in this mod all gibs are kickable as well (not only heads).
                  If you dont gib a monster (only kill it with shotgun for example) the body is not kickable,
                  because of the reason I already explained in your other thread.

Best wishes,
                  Seven

Comment

Originally posted by OoPpEe View Post
                    Back when I had kickable gibs I made all of them kickable (not just heads) but I also made the gibs themselves gib again (just blood) after 30 seconds or if shot. Made for a very bloody game especially in co-op. Imagine a Grunt having 2 rockets fired at him - first hits and gibs him with the second hitting right after resulting in his gibs getting blown to pieces.

Also I recommend everyone to re-tag the zombie projectile gib. It has blood behind it - however it doesn't leave a decal. Retag it to use the standard gib and then you got more blood
                    ooppee, make these settings into a blood mod or something. MAX Gore Please!

I remember getting a max gibs mod for eduke32 and it make it 10 times awesomer.

Hook something up ill be your beta tester!
                    Originally posted by Magnus
                    Apology accepted.

Comment

Seven, I wasn't referring to the body being kickable or anything.
                      What I was saying is gibbable gibs. So the gibs themselves can be blown apart. Basically you apply the gibbable corpses code to the gib themselves and then those gib - make it spawn a invisible model (make .01 units big on the xyz axis) but it's tagged with blood trails.
                      If I apply it to the mini-mod I am working on - I'll send you the code. I'm presently adding in Dr.ShadowBorg's weapon handle overhaul - and adding in all 25 weapons lmao.

Comment

Hello turtlevan & OoPpEe,

the mod, that you can download here in this thread combines a few features.
                        I know that there are 1000 more possible features, which could be implemented.
                        But imagine the result/consequence:
                        Nobody will download them anymore.
                        Even now, they are download just a few times.

Reason for it is that everybody has different likings !
                        Some people dont want a blood bath, some people want.
                        Some people want new torch light, some people dont.

Thats why I want to keep the features in this mod compilation small/clear arranged with the hope, that most people like them.
                        But even now, they are downloaded just a few times.
                        So overall, it seems not popular.

turtlevan,
                        If you want to add more gibs per monster, or the feature that OoPpEe described, go visit inside3D.com and simply follow the TUT for it.
                        You will find TUTīs for almost EVERYTHING there.
                        It will be easy for you to implement it into this mod compilation if you like.
                        The TUTs are written for beginners.

I will release a new Version of my mod compilation shortly with 2 more small features, even though I know that it will not be downloaded much.
                        But hey, if I can make 1 person happy, it was worth it.

Kind regards,
                        Seven

Comment

hi seven,
                          -
                          i'm looking forward to any new feature... features are good. the more the better :-)
                          -
                          jakub
                          my projects so far:

Comment

I'll be downloading it Seven. I sincerely appreciate the efforts you and other members of this forum put out. If it makes any difference, you'll make me a happy man!!

Comment

..and I too like those small mods Seven. I apreciate the efford you made to get this work done, and even if its not the mightiest of mods: Thank you, keep up the good work!
                              (I would take the opportunity now also to mention that this is a good site with some great members doin it worth my time snooping around in here from time to time. Salute you all!)

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words.

My new version is ready for testing.
                                I never gave them out as a pre-release before, but since jakub discovered the bug with the wizards/HKnights spikes it makes sense to do it to avoid those problems.

jakub, or someone else, are you interested in testing it ?
                                At the moment only the "Quake" version is ready (no mission pack versions yet).

Kind regards,
                                Seven

Comment

Working...
                                X