Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Wazat fix the LG gibbing issue yet?
    I do know the Axe is caused by the range the player has to be to use the axe results in the corpse becoming unsolid. Perhaps a work around he could try is to make the corpse solid during the frame before the damage is dealt and unsolid again the frame after. This would likely result in the player instantly gibbing the corpse (telefragged) but it'd be still a nice work around as the axe would gib the corpse (but in a single hit)

Comment

Hello OoPpEe,

LG gibbing is not an issue due to health=30.
      This damage will be dealt in the first hit.
      So gibbing corpses with LG is not a problem in the mod.
      I dont know if raising the health makes it a problem...

The axe workaround with telefragged has its issues:
      the gibs will get a extremely high velocity (like gibbing with a rocket).
      That would look weired when hitting with an axe I guess.
      Wazat is totally aware of this axe issue. Maybe he finds a solution one day.
      The axe handles differently than other weapons (I am not sure if its the range alone).

So in the end it is really just the axe that dont work.

Comment

Another possible fix would be to have the axe fire a invisible projectile that is removed basically instantly and it deals the same damage as the swing and will ONLY hurt corpses (same code as the Shambler taking 0.5 damage of explosives). So that way the invis projectile will not touch a enemy and "waking it" unless you were in range to deal damage anyways AND it should fix the issue of the corpse gibbing as the damage method is basically now equal to hitting it with a nailgun.
        I haven't fully tested his gibbing corpses code - does it allow you to stand on the corpse and gib it?

Comment

Ok, thanks seven.. I'll try it..
          200 aņos de mi querido PARAGUAY
          14/05/1811

Comment

OoPpEe,

your idea is surely good and maybe would lead to a good result,
            but I dont want to change anything in the game mechanic that deep.

It is still just what it is: A "small mod compilation".
            God knows I am no coder, nor a Paintshop artist.
            I just like to share things and am happy if others enjoy it.
            I included the source, so that everybody can easily add or modify things.

Spending too much time with this game (just like you)
            Neglecting family... which is not a good thing to do.
            But I am getting offtopic, sorry.

Comment

I sent Wazat my idea for the "fix" and he's considering it. So you could do a update soon.
              Also I've been playing around with the kicking of gibs and I am making progress on fixing the issue of gibs getting "stuck" on a player (bouncing off him over and over ect). Adding a delay in how often you can kick a gib - half a second delay.
              So if you kick a gib, you cannot kick it again for another half second (you'll just pass through it otherwise). Encountered some bugs with it, so in process of fixing it. I will send you off a email if and when I get it running.

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                OoPpEe,

your idea is surely good and maybe would lead to a good result,
                but I dont want to change anything in the game mechanic that deep.

It is still just what it is: A "small mod compilation".
                God knows I am no coder, nor a Paintshop artist.
                I just like to share things and am happy if others enjoy it.
                I included the source, so that everybody can easily add or modify things.

Spending too much time with this game (just like you)
                Neglecting family... which is not a good thing to do.
                But I am getting offtopic, sorry.
                It's OK Seven.. Thanks for the help..
                14/05/1811

Comment

OoPpEe,

you cannot imagine how long I searched for a solution for the "gib bouncing on players head" until I found the:
                  Code:
                  if (v_x & v_y == 0)  // avoids infinite gib jumping on players head
                  		v_z = -220;
                  	else
                  		v_z = 250;
                  All other things was not satisfying.
                  Negative side effect is, that the gib will drop to the ground and the player stands in it.
                  So when the players moves, the gib will follow him a little and as soon as it it out of his setsize, it will be kicked.
                  It is an OK behaviour for me.
                  If you dont look straight on the ground, you will not even notice it.

The only workaround for this was another idea I had:
                  if (v_x & v_y == 0) (this only happens, when on top of players head)
                  then kick the gib in a random direction.
                  This will avoid the player stand in gib completely.
                  It worked, BUT if you stay near a wall, the gib will randomly disapear from the map (sounds unbelievable, but that happened).

When I read and understand your post/trial to avoid it (with the delay method),
                  I can imagine that is has issues too:
                  Remember, the problem "bouncing on head" only appears, when the gib is above the players head.
                  If you use a delay, it will bounce one time and then fall inside the player too.
                  If the delay is too short, it will still bounce infinitely, cause the bouncing takes about 1 second.
                  If the gib is inside the player and you dont have the v_z = -220,
                  then I dont know what heppens with the gib. Maybe it will be kicked (but if the player stand still, there is no velocity from the player, so there is no velocity for the gib as well).

So each workaround has its negative side i guess
                  But I am of course curious what you come up with.

Thank you for spending time on this one my friend.
                  I will definitely wait with the mission pack mod.
                  I thought the solution with v_z = -220 was acceptable, cause you dont notice it if you dont really pay much attention to it.
                  But I am of course open and curious for another solution.

Best wishes,
                  Seven

Comment

I've been working on it while keeping your fix on there too. It's coming along alright right now. I do have it working for 2 kicks right now, getting more is where I am having issues (adding the reset time in the code then results in it always resetting it and then since it never reaches 0 - can't kick)

Comment

Unfortunately this compilation can only be used for DarkPlaces !
                      (due to torchlicht and rain+snow effcts)
                      Can these things be taken out so it can use on engines other than darkplaces? Like DirectQ?

Comment

Hello Legend,

I just linked my older mod versions from 2007 in the 1st post as well.

There you will find also versions, that should work with all other engines.
                        I never tested them in another engine, but due to the fact, that they are only QC modifications without DP specific features, they should work in every engine.

The fact, that you mentioned DirectQ:
                        DirectQ is absolutely capable to have the rain effects as well.
                        The partilcles look slightly different, but it works. Cobalt told me so.
                        He tested the weather effects in DirectQ (running a DP server with weather enabled).
                        Regarding the "torchlight", I guess that DirectQ can handle them as well.
                        DirectQ is such a well written engine, that it can handle almost everything.
                        Give it a try with V2.71 and tell us your experience.

Regards,
                        Seven

Comment

Hello,

I added a special "Daniocampo1992-Version"

This guy needs gore and blood to really enjoy a game.

What does it do ?
                          It doubles all gibs (doesnt matter if gibbing a living monster or gibbing a dead corpse)
                          So you will have 1 head-gib + 6 gibs (instead of 3 gibs) per monster.

How do I install it ?
                          The regular way (readme included)

Maybe others like it too...

Find the Download link in 1st post.

Have fun daniocampo1992 !
                          Seven
                          Last edited by Seven; 05-12-2011, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Seven, will there be versions for rogue/hipnotic that will have gibbable corpses?
                            In time, Fire will fade ... and only Dark will remain

Comment

Please read the information provided in the 1st post.
                              You will find the word "shortly".

Now compare it with Duke Nukem Forever and you will get an idea...

Comment

This guy needs gore and blood to really enjoy a game.
                                Aaaaaaaww yeaaaaaaaaaaaah!

A mod that has my name!
                                Thank you very much Seven, I'll download it when available, seems that rapidshare is having problems 'cause an error message appears every time I try to download it..
                                14/05/1811

Comment

Working...
                                X