No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point 4.) is unbelievable easy and done in 1 minute.
    So I could include both versions (with and without kickable gibs) in the zip files, that you donwload in 1st post.
    So you can choose the one you like (switching this feature on/off is not possible then).

I will include the 2 "impulse" commands (point 1.) into the next version, so that you can enable/disable it.
    The only small negative point about impulse commands:
    You have to push your binded key after every map start.
    It does not work like a cvar, which is a global (engine driven) thing.
    I see, the impulse commands doesn't convince me at all because of the key binding.. The point 4 seems to be the best choice, but I really don't have ANY qc editing knowledge.. I supose I need a tuto..
    200 años de mi querido PARAGUAY
    14/05/1811

Comment

• UPDATE 20110529

- added new death animation: "ancient ghosts of the fallen" (fully adjustable via cvar "ghost")
      - added new phantom sword death animation in Rogue (dying knight spawning/fading in)
      - added cvar "kickgibs" to enable/disable kickable gibs
      - increased gibbable corpses health from 30 to 50

Please find updated Download Links in 1st post.

Kind regards,
      Seven

Comment

• Wow

the new ghost effect is really great. Thank you.

Comment

• Thanks for the update Seven, I tried your "kickgibs" cvar, I turned to "0" but I can't walk over a gib and I get stuck.. Not good news.. :/
          14/05/1811

Comment

• Hello daniocampo1992,

You should start to read included readme´s.
            If you dont, things will not work for you.

If you have a problem with kickable gibs, I suggest you read the 'kickable gibs readme'.
            Then you will see, that value "2" disables it.

Comment

• that ancient ghosts of the fallen animation is very nice , I saw the video on the other thread, good work implementing it Seven!!!
              I will test the new pack some time later, sadly I am very busy for a couple of days
              In time, Fire will fade ... and only Dark will remain

Comment

• Thanks Seven, tested over the weekend and it works great. I am especially grateful for getting rid of that Hellknight, Vore spikes / Cthon lavaball bug. Now it doesn't light up like a Christmas tree anymore. I really like the feature that you can gib crucified zombies, finally i am able to put them out of their misery ;-).

I couldn't test the multi grenade launcher explosion and plasma gun explosion in Rogue since it seems i miss the effectinfo.txt files for that, so i can't comment on that. But the other features in the Mission Packs work perfect. I have found no bugs or any weird stuff. Awesome stuff to have these feautures in the complete Quake experience.

I do have one small request, is it possible to make the gibs disappear after 20 secs or so? That would work much better for me instead of a on/off switch for gibs. Since they disappear i would never get tired of it in game. And they wouldn't start bothering me on the long run.

I saw your new death animation, looks a lot like the Heretic mummy death. It looks cool, but a bit too Heretic for me tho. Doesn't seem to belong in Quake, but thats just my opinion. I still have to see it in game, so maybe i will change my mind about it then. But great job for making it a on/off switch, didn't even know something like that was even possible.

This also makes me wonder, would it be possible to make a on/off switch for every feauture? Like torches, footsteps, nails, kickable gibs, etc...?

Anyway, hats off to you, great job, thanks again!
                FPS Source Ports

Comment

• Hello keropi,

I will be on vacation for one week too (beginning from this wednesday).

Hello Spinvis,
                  1.) It is enough to have an effectinfo.txt inside your ID1 to have the effects in MP2 as well.
                  2.) The gibs do in fact disappear after around 20 or 30 seconds already.
                  That is standard Quake, wich I will not change. Only the head gib will stay forever.
                  3.) On/Off switch for everything else will not be implemented.
                  Because all other features will not bugging you. They will only slightly enhance the ambience.
                  And would be much too complicated to implement.
                  Anyhow, if you dont like the footsteps, simply delete the walk .wave files.
                  That will surely mute them.

Regards,
                  Seven

Comment

• Hello daniocampo1992,

You should start to read included readme´s.
                    If you dont, things will not work for you.

If you have a problem with kickable gibs, I suggest you read the 'kickable gibs readme'.
                    Then you will see, that value "2" disables it.
                    Oops! Thanks Seven, works great!

I do have one small request, is it possible to make the gibs disappear after 20 secs or so? That would work much better for me instead of a on/off switch for gibs. Since they disappear i would never get tired of it in game. And they wouldn't start bothering me on the long run.
                    I think would be great (and gory) if the blood trails and all of the gibs stays forever..
                    14/05/1811

Comment

• Hello daniocampo1992,

Same as with the motionblur / damageblur you once ask...

I showed you the link that will answer all your question already:
                      klick me softly

You can adjust the (blood) decal stay time, the fading time, the quantity of (blood) decals and everything you may every want !

To give you a small peak, what you will find there:
                      cl_decals is "1" ["1"] enables decals (bullet holes, blood, etc)
                      cl_decals_fadetime is "1" ["1"] how long decals take to fade away
                      cl_decals_max is "4096" ["4096"] maximum number of decals allowed to exist in the world at once
                      cl_decals_models is "0" ["0"] enables decals on animated models (if newsystem is also 1)
                      cl_decals_newsystem is "0" ["0"] enables new advanced decal system
                      cl_decals_newsystem_intensitymultiplier is "2" ["2"] boosts intensity of decals (because the distance fade can make them hard to see otherwise)
                      cl_decals_time is "20" ["20"] how long before decals start to fade away
                      As you see, all you have to do is read
                      But dont complain again, that your fps will drop !

Kind regards,
                      Seven

Comment

• Thanks for the info Seven!

I readed the dpwiki some time ago, but I'm still not sure what is the purpose of many of them..

I didn't even know the meaning of "decals", until now..
                        As you see, my english is poor yet.. But thanks to all of you I am learning and getting my QI more and more amazing..

Once more, thank you..
                        14/05/1811

Comment

• ive added particle fire torches to this mod and im sending it to seven with my new effect info, later tonight.

still editing the flame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZnjY0133bw&feature=player_profilepage
                          Last edited by seanstar; 06-11-2011, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• Where did you find the dragon mdl sean? Looks cool. You have your Quake so changed that it could almost be another game! LOL

Comment

• Dear all,

while testing webangel´s great HUD for Mission pack 2 we found a bug in my "small mod compilation".
                              The bug was introduced in V2.73.

It affects the monsters with 2 different skins (skin_0 and skin_1):
                              - Statue Knight
                              - Statue DeathKnight
                              - OgreBoss (= multigrenade ogre)

When they die, their corpse have the skin_0 instead of keeping their skin_1.

I have corrected this now and the fix will be in my next release.

Some people (like webangel) like this "effect".
                              But I think it should be corrected...

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
                              Seven

Comment

• Hey Seven..
                                In the "kickable gibs" readme of your "SMC" (as I like to call it) says that I need to add "set kickgibs 2" into my autoexec.cfg to disable that..
                                But I can't find the file.. :S
                                If I use the "set kickgibs 2" command on the console ingame, when I restart it, the gibs are kickable again..
                                Can you help me please?
                                14/05/1811

Comment

Working...
                                X