• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
    *sorry for offtopic*

Hello,

while searching for suitable models for the explosion box´s debris,
    I stumbled upon some really nice looking other models and could not hold myself back.
    I glued them somewhere on the start map and recorded a little clip.

As far as I have understood the readme´s, these are free to use models.
    If anyone is interested/needs some of them, just say a word.

Regards,
    Seven

crazy start map - YouTube
    Oh hey, that's Sitter's models for Risen3D They are awesome!

Also, got a new idea for SMC: blood decals that stay a little while on the enemies bodies. The player should also be able to inflict damage on corpses resulting in more decals.
    But I guess this isn't possible too since each model pack is slightly different from eachother What do you think, Se7en?
    Souvenirs d'un autre monde

Comment

• I'd like the models seven
      Regards

Comment

• Great idea Seven
        I like it!

[OT]:

[/OT]

Comment

• Hello Ghostbreed,

Yes, the page where I found them is called: Sitters Electronics
          I was not aware, that this guy made them for Risen3D.
          Didnt read anything about it there.

Regarding your blood decal on monsters question:
          This time you are lucky
          This is an engine feature.
          Simply use this cvar to get what you want:
          cl_decals_models is "0" ["0"] enables decals on animated models (if newsystem is also 1)

@ Jeff

I dont want to include Sitters models in a download.
          But I can give you the start.ent file, so that you can take a look in it how it works.
          It uses the original model names from Sitters. So you can just drop the .ent in your maps folder, the models in your progs folder and the skins in your id1 folder (download below).
          Have fun.

I like this scenario the most (cause I love the egypt style):

@ webangel

Yes, mission pack 2 is the place to go
          The egypt models fit perfectly in there.

Best wishes,
          Seven
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Seven; 11-26-2011, 02:52 AM. Reason: forgot the download

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
            Regarding your blood decal on monsters question:
            This time you are lucky
            This is an engine feature.
            Simply use this cvar to get what you want:

Thanks

Comment

• Yes, thanks Seven

I too like the Egyptian themes!

Comment

• oh oh, another cool idea....

what if we could have different gibs for every different enemy somehow?
                that would be totally cools, so the gibs from for example the shambler dont look the exact same like for a grunt for example. that kinda always bugged me, that every monster uses the exact same gibs.

it would be totally cool if we could have different gibs for different monsters somehow, so that the gibs for each enemy actually lok like parts of that enemy instead of some random gibs which could be anything.

like for example if you gib a shambler that for example you get a gib his arm and one half leg or such, and for the ogre and other enemies which have weapons that if you gib them that their weapons get spawned too when you gib them

EDIT: oh oh, just got another idea... what if you make gibbable gibs? you know, like that if you shoot a gib it gibs into some smaller gibs which are just basically small random flesh-pieces? that would be totally cool too, if you could shoot gibs into smaller pieces.

and maybe you could use the original quake gib models for those small gibs if you just rename them and scale them to be smaller
                Last edited by talisa; 11-26-2011, 07:26 AM.
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by splitterface View Post
                  oh oh, another cool idea....

what if we could have different gibs for every different enemy somehow?
                  that would be totally cools, so the gibs from for example the shambler dont look the exact same like for a grunt for example. that kinda always bugged me, that every monster uses the exact same gibs.

it would be totally cool if we could have different gibs for different monsters somehow, so that the gibs for each enemy actually lok like parts of that enemy instead of some random gibs which could be anything.

like for example if you gib a shambler that for example you get a gib his arm and one half leg or such, and for the ogre and other enemies which have weapons that if you gib them that their weapons get spawned too when you gib them

EDIT: oh oh, just got another idea... what if you make gibbable gibs? you know, like that if you shoot a gib it gibs into some smaller gibs which are just basically small random flesh-pieces? that would be totally cool too, if you could shoot gibs into smaller pieces.

and maybe you could use the original quake gib models for those small gibs if you just rename them and scale them to be smaller
                  Kinda unnecessary. Every monster have their own unique gib, their head.
                  What we could do though is to increase the size of the gibs for the bigger enemies instead. For example gibbing a soldier results in standard gib size while gibbing a Shambler results in big gibs.

Comment

• I like the idea splitterface. My thought is to use limbs as well as gibs. As an example, depending on the enemy and weapon used (or Quad) you could see the body come apart with a leg or arm here and giblet bits. I like what brutalgzdoom does as an idea of what I'm talking about! Painkiller also used this to great effect!!

Comment

• @ghostbreed
                      well yeah, we got different headgibs for all enemies, but the rest of the gibs spawned when gibbing enemy are the exact same for every enemy

what i mean is it would be cool if that could be changed too, so we could get completely different gibs for every enemy.

well of course for some enemies there could be some same gibs used like for human enemies.
                      but there are lot of totally different enemies, and it would be great if at least all of those could each have completely diferent gibs

@gdiddy
                      yes brutaldoom is indeed real cool
                      and dukeplus for eduke32 does the same for some enemies, it also adds different gibs for some enemies
                      Last edited by talisa; 11-26-2011, 01:07 PM.
                      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Hello,

Yes, this idea is good (I guess everybody had it once).
                        The problem is not the QC edit, that is fairly easy.
                        The problem is: Who makes the new gib models + textures ??
                        That is the hard part.

Next issue will be:
                        I guess you guys would want them High res.
                        So which model texture should be used as a base ?
                        There are so many different ones available.... (for each monster)

---------

I have just finished coding the QC change for debris spawning after exploding boxes detonation. Now I am standing in front of the same issue:
                        Which debris model and which texture ?
                        I found 11 suitable models so far and I guess I will use all of them for the big exploding box.
                        For the small one I will use 6 pcs.
                        Textures are a much bigger issue, cause these models didnt have external ones.
                        So I guess I will use QRP´s metal textures for them.
                        They look good in any way, so there is not much I could do wrong with them.

I gave the models the trail flag from grenades.
                        It looks really nice when the boxes explode now.
                        Do you think it is a good idea to give them grenade trails ?

You can enable/disable the feature and set an extra cvar if you want to kick the debris.

Regards,
                        Seven

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AUiDFOS1w8]exploding boxes debris - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Hi Seven,
                          I think THIS is great!
                          I like the video!!!

Comment

• Seven, are you like, god of mods or something? I mean, this is awesome!

Comment

• Seven,
                              The debris chunks are great! The only thing I'd suggest is a sound when the debris chunks hit the metal floor? Just an idea.
                              Pardon my noobness, but is it not posssible to take part of the textures from the models for the limbs? This then just leaves the issue of which texture set to use and the actual models of limbs??

Comment

• nice!
                                although imo the debries pieces fly a bit to fast and to high and to far away, they should fly less fast and not so extremely far imo

and yeah, i understand the problem with the fact there'd be no models for the new gibs....
                                perhaps someone can modify the original quake models and take parts off of them to use as gibs?
                                if that would be allowed of course
                                Last edited by talisa; 11-26-2011, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X