Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Nahuel,

Now I understand. I think I misunderstood gdiddy.

I was thinking he means the feature: "per-poly collision detection"
    Surely you heard about this.

I remembered this very complex QC code from MauveBib: click me
    He brought the "hit location system" to Quake.
    I meant this code, as I replied to gdiddy yesterday.

You should read it. It is very interesting (but very complex too) !

-----

Your code makes a very nice effect Nahuel !
    It is even more gory, because the model that you use has a blood trail
    I want to try it with a copy of the model (without blood trail flag).

Thank you very much for your code and idea !

Comment

• Thank you nahuel, I will test this when I get home from work!!!!!!

Much obliged!!

Regards

Comment

• Hello,

I just finalized the gib color change settings.
        This time I´d like to post comparism screenshots instead of a clip (cause its easier).

1.) Once the gibs fall into lava, it changes its texture to dark red:
        self.colormod = '0.7 0.3 0.3';

2.) Once the gibs fall into slime, it changes its texture to etchy green:
        self.colormod = '0.3 1.6 0.3';

The slime-gibs color looks really really good in-game.
        The lava-gibs cannot be darker, because otherwise it would not be visible in lava anymore. They would only be 'black'. So I could not make the difference too much for the lava-gibs.
        But you can still see the difference very clearly.

ATTENTION:
        The gibs on the screenshots are the ones I use.
        The QC will change every gib model. It is gib-model independent !
        Thanks to "DP_ENT_COLORMOD" !
        So dont worry if you use other gib models, they will be affected just the same.

---------------

If people want to have Nahuels beautiful "flesh-splat code" (if Nahuel allows it !) in the "small mod compilation", please post a comment.

So version V3.6 can be released.

Last edited by Seven; 11-29-2011, 01:11 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
          If people want to have Nahuels beautiful "flesh-splat code" (if Nahuel allows it !) in the "small mod compilation", please post a comment.

So version V3.6 can be released.

YES PLEASE! I want this update now!!
          Sorry if my english isn't clear, is not my native languaje.

Comment

• I would appreciate the code in SMC please Seven!! We did have a communication problem is all. I knew the hits could not be per-poly in Quake 1 engine.
            I just had a chance to play with it and love the effect. I played it in a folder that does not have all of the bells and whistles so the small gib parts did not stay as SMC 3.5 was not in the id1 folder with this can you please be sure that is in the code? I want the little pieces of gibs to stay a little while before fading away!

Thanks so much for implementing these ideas nahuel and Seven!!!

Comment

• Thanks for your work Seven !!!
              @Gdiddy62 I only modified the code from Inside3D - QuakeC Coding - Wocka-Wocka-Wocka I think the splat blood need new models, the gib models from ID are some ugly to have the splat blood effect. I will make some new models, taken a plane and added a nice bloody skin (after i need some script file ) I will change the code also, the fadetime is very little
              the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• I'm in agreement on the need for new models for the splats but...WOW... I love the effect. I'm using some gib models from Sean that would be ideal I think as they have small bits and perhaps could be shrunk down in size? Maybe I can ask of him before Seven makes his new release.
                Thanks for your time on it again.

edit: oops, I didn't read your post well enough nahuel. If you are making new gib models..SWEET!!
                Last edited by gdiddy62; 11-29-2011, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• Hello Nahuel,

I think it is not necessary to create new models.

First, we can delete the blood trail from it via QC:
                  splat.effects = EF_NOMODELFLAGS;

Secondly, I indeed like the shape of it already, and the size is so small that you almost cant see it.

Third, we can change the color to a more suitable look with better 'splat.colormod' values.
                  At the moment it is a little too bright. We should reduce it to more dark red.

But of course, I am curious to see what Nahuel will come up with

Thank you!

Comment

• I trust you guys to come up with beauty...you always seem to!

Comment

• Sorry for going kinda Off Topic but...
                      Seven, when I asked you about blood decals you posted this code:
                      cl_decals_models is "0" ["0"] enables decals on animated models (if newsystem is also 1)
                      I understood almost all of it except the newsystem part, what did you mean by that?
                      Souvenirs d'un autre monde

Comment

• Hello Ghostbreed,

Be careful with this feature.
                        It eats up your fps faster than the supernailgun pops out nails.

Anyhow I recommend you to read through the DPwiki.
                        Many questions will be answered about DarkPlaces.

Also try to click on this link (if you dare): click me

Regarding your specific question:
                        The cvar "cl_decals_newsystem" is by default set to "1" (enables new advanced decal system)
                        The cvar you would like to use is this one:
                        "cl_decals_models"
                        It needs the cvar "cl_decals_newsystem" to be set to "1" to work.

But I do not recommend to activate it, if you are using the "small mod compilation".
                        Because of the shootable/gibbable corpses and kickable/shootable gibs.
                        --> Your models will be pitch black after a very short time.
                        And with every shot, you will see your fps go down...

Regards,
                        Seven

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                          Hello Ghostbreed,

Be careful with this feature.
                          It eats up your fps faster than the supernailgun pops out nails.

Anyhow I recommend you to read through the DPwiki.
                          Many questions will be answered about DarkPlaces.

Also try to click on this link (if you dare): click me

Regarding your specific question:
                          The cvar "cl_decals_newsystem" is by default set to "1" (enables new advanced decal system)
                          The cvar you would like to use is this one:
                          "cl_decals_models"
                          It needs the cvar "cl_decals_newsystem" to be set to "1" to work.

But I do not recommend to activate it, if you are using the "small mod compilation".
                          Because of the shootable/gibbable corpses and kickable/shootable gibs.
                          --> Your models will be pitch black after a very short time.
                          And with every shot, you will see your fps go down...

Regards,
                          Seven
                          Thanks Seven Why use a wiki when you're around?
                          Souvenirs d'un autre monde

Comment

• Gdiddy splat gibs mod version 2
                            gdiddy.rar
                            I included new features, just extract the folder in Sevenmod v 3.5 test the weapons in different monsters
                            the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• edit:
                              nahuel,
                              The new gib models and color are a good improvement! I have some questions that maybe you can address. In most instances the gib splats do not stay even though I have it set that way in my autoexec. Can you please fix this? I had one really cool instance when I was shooting a demon the splats hit the wall and slid down! Did you code this or was it an accident? The splats actually stayed a bit on the wall, but don't actually most other times.
                              This is really shaping up to be a great addition! Thanks for this again!
                              Forgot to mention the sparks from shooting the Knights! Cool!
                              Regards
                              Last edited by gdiddy62; 11-30-2011, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• cool on the color changing of the gibs when they been in acid and in lava. although it would be cooler if you made the gibs turn black still imo. personally dont care if it would just seem like a completely black gibs then, thats exactly what i want, that it becomes pitch black
                                just like stuff does in rl when it gets charred, it becomes pitchblack too then

havent tried the blood splat mod, but it sounds cool from what you say

would be cool to get something like that implented into the small mod compilation too
                                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Working...
                                X