No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah i tried that too, still didn't work. I have no idea why. Now watersplashes shows up as a cvar, though the cvar doesn't do anything.

Comment

• hmm... perhaps using the animated reflecting overload in combination with it?
      if so, see if taking the overload pk3 out of your ID1 folder fixes it.
      those two might not work in combination with each other cuz the overload is based on an older SMC version

or have another progs.dat in your ID1 folder?
      if so, delete it and try again
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Yep, the overload was it. I'm guessing I should load SMC after the reflecting overload?

Also, had a really simple idea - but would it be possible to change the player top color in single player and coop to reflect the armor you pick up? So you pick up green, changes to green - yellow and red, etc.

I think it would be a nice little touch. Plus that way you could tell which armor your teammates have too in coop. Also, maybe have it revert to brown when your armor runs out.

Comment

• yeah SMC should be loaded last.
          but i cant garantee that all overload features will still work.

you'll have to try for yourself to see if everything from the overload still works.
          not everything from the overload might work cuz both the overload and SMC use a progs.dat

if not everything from the overload works anymore,
          there's nothing you can do about it.

the only way it could be fixed if not everything from the overload works anymore would be for webangel to update the overload to be based on SMC3.61 code instead of the SMC3.1 code which it is based on now
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Hello Seven,

Where did you get those textures for DoE weapons? I know the Super Lava NG looks like a lava version of the SNG in Rygel's texture pack. And is there one for SoA's weapons?

Thanks,

TS
            Who would win: a death knight, or a gremlin with a double-barrel?

Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198039860229

Comment

• Hello Bloodshot and Splitterface,

Please read this post to learn more about the loading order in DarkPlaces: here

And do not worry, the code in "small mod compilation" V3.61 has all the necessary things for the "reflecting-overload" features. So it is save to delete the "progs.dat" and "efectinfo.txt".

@ Toxic Scrag

First of all, find what you are looking for here:
              - DoE Super-Lava-Nailgun (this is my alltime favorite weapon)
              - DoE (all the rest)
              - SoA weapons

As you noticed, these threads are ALL inside the "Finished Works" subforum.
              So it is easy as it should be to find almost ALL Quake enhancements in there.
              Please look into this subforum and browse through its pages to find more amazing things.
              And you will be able to create your own personal compilation with ease.

Regarding your remark:
              I know the Super Lava NG looks like a lava version of the SNG in Rygel's texture pack.
              I do not use the Super Lava NG in Rygels pack, because I dont like it.
              So I also dont use the Lava version of it.

Comment

• Hey seven do you have a link to a pack of the weapons you have? Your shotgun looks much more like the original than the one I have, but i can't seem to find it.

Comment

• Hello Bloodshot,

There are more Quake weapon models available, than someone may believe.
                  Hey, this game is over 15 years old.
                  And very talented people already made wonderful things many years back.

I uploaded the complete ID1 weapon pack, that I use for you.
                  Of course everything is based on personal liking.
                  So dont complain if you dont like them

I also included the very rare alternative supernailgun from Ruohis.
                  Thank god I downloaded each and every file from him several years back.
                  All these data has been lost due to the homepage closed.
                  Ruohis created the most impressive models for Quake.
                  I guess there is no doubt about that.
                  He is something like Moon[Drunk] is for textures, but for models.

You will find a modified lightning gun with working bolt between the 2 diodes.
                  This feature is missing in his released textures.
                  I reworked the supershotgun a little so that it matches the shotgun better.
                  Yes, I also think that this model by Ruohis is the most beautiful supershotgun.
                  But that is surely all a matter of personal liking...
                  Readme is included.

Kind regards,
                  Seven

DOWNLOAD

Comment

• hey thanx seven, the lightning gun in that pack is neat.

extracted the files from the lightning gun myself and repacked them in a new pk3 so i can use them with the other weapons i got

before used the same lightning gun but without the small ray.
                    love the small ray between the diodes. its a small touch but it looks neat

rest of the weapons... meh, prefer the other versions which are more rounded. but thats of course just personal preference

still thanx though for providing us with the lightning gun with the small ray between the diodes

EDIT: btw for anyone who wants to use the lightning-gun with ray between nodes, uploaded the pk3 with only the lightning-gun HERE
                    Last edited by talisa; 12-12-2011, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Hi Seven

thanks for posting your weapon pack...i was looking for that snailgun model by Rouhis.

you've posted so many good things for this game...thanks alot.

i agree Rouhis did some of the best models for this game.

regards

Sean

Comment

• Thanks. BTW, Is there any way to permanently shift the position of weapon viewmodels up in DP?

Also, does anyone have a link to this rocket launcher model? It looks awesome.

I can't seem to find the link to it on this page though.

Comment

• closes rocketlauncher to that one i know is from plagues pack, which you can download here:
                          http://rapidshare.com/files/43996626..._plague___.pk3

the rocketlauncher in that pack looks almost exactly like the one on that pic.
                          although the one in the pack is more blocky, but the texture looks the exact same.

but the shape looks the same, so it almost looks like the one on your pic is a highpoly version of that one in that pack

EDIT: btw to your other question: i thought seven said somewhere in another thread something about how you can move the weapons hud position, but if im not mistaking i said this could only be done by editing the model itself
                          Last edited by talisa; 12-12-2011, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• Hello Bloodshot,

I dived down and searched for the rocket launcher you asked for.
                            It is Monkey Rats "old school" model.
                            It comes in 4 flavors (silver/brown and with/without stripes).
                            Please download it from here.

While searching for the model in my harddisc, I thought I should also upload some of the maybe not so common/known replacement models.
                            These are very beautiful High Poly versions for:
                            - backpack
                            - lavaball
                            - zombie gib

Just in case you didnt have them...
                            They are really beautiful: click

Kind regards,
                            Seven

Comment

• Damn man, where do you get this stuff from? Thanks for the RL - best RL custom model ever

Comment

• hi

ive been working on the flame effect trying to optimize its performance.

i made gains by removing the smoke and sparks from the flames

and then lowered the count to 2

heres the modified effect for speed

effect particleflamesmall // this is used for particle torch flames (effect by Chip & Seanstar)
                                countabsolute 2 // (designed for original Nexuiz particlefont row 48 - 55 !)
                                type static
                                tex 48 55
                                size 8 9
                                alpha 0 300 300
                                originoffset 0 0 -10
                                originjitter 0 0 0
                                airfriction 4
                                bounce 0
                                velocityjitter 20 20 20
                                velocitymultiplier 1100.01
                                gravity -0.27
                                notunderwater
                                color 0xff0000 0xe3974f

effect particleflamebig // this is used for all particle flames except torches (effect by Chip & Seanstar)
                                countabsolute 2 // (designed for original Nexuiz particlefont row 48 - 55 !)
                                type static
                                tex 48 55 //tex 0 7
                                size 10 12
                                alpha 0 300 300
                                originoffset 0 0 -8
                                originjitter 3 3 5
                                //velocityoffset 0 0 5
                                airfriction 4
                                bounce 0
                                velocityjitter 20 20 20
                                velocitymultiplier 1100.01
                                gravity -0.25
                                notunderwater
                                color 0xff0000 0xe3974f

i jumped from 30 fps to 40 at the worst spots on r1m1

they still look not bad.

regards

Sean

Comment

Working...
                                X