Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Seven,
    Wtf? This is exactly the thing I need for my new idea!!

Great!

Comment

• Wow seven! Can we pick any replacement combo? Can we make specific replacements for particular maps? How hard is this going to be to have all of these models/skins/textures in the progs or textures folder? This can be great!!

Comment

• Being able to destroy crucified zombies with a shotgun defiles an idea of what zombies are about in Quake. I am thinking of potential first time Quake players using compilation

With option '1' you can shoot them and they bleed, but you can't destroy them unless you use cheat code to give yourself all weapons.
        If you are fine with changing to option '1' I can have it without cvar.
        I know I'm annoing.

Edit: Oh, and your new stuff looks cool of course.
        Last edited by _Smith_; 01-07-2012, 03:43 PM.
        Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

• I am running the latest build of DP.

I'm having some confusion with this mod. On the 1st post the features of the mod are listed and it says in part...

"So now you have these mods in one compilation:
          - NailGun´s + SuperNailGun´s nail position correction (including Lava Guns now !)
          - Nails stick in Walls

..what I don't undersdtand (being a Quake noob) is why in Quake (I have only played up to map E1M4 - The Grisly Grotto so far...I am not playing MP1 or 2 yet) do I not have "nails" coming out of my nailgun?...I just have the regualar little traingle spike things?

they stick in the wall and "glow" for a few seconds which is cool...but they dont look like this..

or this...

I installed SMC...so what am I doing wrong? Are these nail models part of some other mod?. Also...Do the lava guns appear in Quake?..or only in one of the mission packs?

Comment

• You just do not have any nails replacement in your id1 folder.
            Last edited by _Smith_; 01-07-2012, 06:56 PM.
            Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

• Thanks _Smith_! Found 2 weapon packs "z87_Sean' and "weapons-up_-_plague" with nails. Working now...and very cool!

Comment

• Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
                Wow seven! Can we pick any replacement combo? Can we make specific replacements for particular maps? How hard is this going to be to have all of these models/skins/textures in the progs or textures folder? This can be great!!
                Hello Jeff,

You will be able to choose between:
                1.) 2 skins for the original ID1 model
                2.) 1 skin for ID1 model and 1 different replacement model (most of them are md3)
                3.) More variations are possible, but will become too complicated for most users.
                (so I stick with only 2 options + "0" of course)

Knowing, that you are starting to learn and play around with QC,
                one more comment regarding your words:
                Can we make specific replacements for particular maps?

With these lines, you can do such things:
                if (world.model == "maps/e1m1.bsp") // just an example
                *do this*
                else
                *do that*

Also see how the low gravity is changed for e1m8 in worlds.qc !
                Seven

Comment

• Very nice Seven I also was wondering if some of your new effects could be used on the models.
                  But my nightmare had the shambler roaring and spewing hot .steam on a freezing night as the snow poured down he crept out of his cave with glowing eyes ablaze.
                  Or maybe that was just the reflected muzzle flash as I pumped round after round into his gaping maw.!
                  WARNING
                  May be too intense for some viewers.
                  Stress Relief Device
                  ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                  ---------------------------
                  .--------------------------

Comment

• With these lines, you can do such things:

if (world.model == "maps/e1m1.bsp") // just an example
                    *do this*
                    else
                    *do that*

Also see how the low gravity is changed for e1m8 in worlds.qc !
                    Seven
                    I am going to have fun with this!

Is this going to be the next chapter of your SMC or is it a part of the "secret" project that is coming?

Also, can you give us any idea (even a hint) of when either are coming and what will be included ?

Comment

• Hello bluntz,
                      yes, you will get what you described, and even more.

Hello gdiddy,
                      As mentioned, I stopped to speak about the other project. It is developed independend/parallel from "small mod compilation", but will need it due to new code changes.
                      So the release date will be most probably the same day.
                      There is no release day planned.
                      "small mod compilation" features will be the ones from the last 3 pages.
                      The other projects features will be much more than this.

Hello papamac67,
                      There are around 1-2 handful of replacement nails (spikes) available.
                      One with a round head, one with a square head, ones with round bodies, one with Q-logo on the head, and so on...

Comment

• hallo quakers

think it's a just about time to set some things right. guess you all read about this hidden project seven had mentioned before. so.. it's true; there is something coming our way, but don't get too excited. i wouldn't even call it "a project" - it all started as a simple task which primary purpose was to adapt particle effects from the seven's smc to my particlefont (modified nexuiz font) and make my own effectinfo.txt fully compatible with smc.
                        -
                        in time, i added some new graphic effects and eventually, i started to dig into qc itself. none of this would have been possible without seven's help for i'm really not a code man. on the other hand, i like creating new effects and my goal was to spice up quake a bit, bring more variety into the quake.
                        -
                        right now, i'm in a stage that some might label as a "internal beta" if it were a project (which is not) and release is slowly getting closer... not today, not tomorrow because real life interferes al the time, but soon. but again - don't expect too much otherwise you would be disappointed. this all is just mine interpretation of smc... a bit is added here, a bit there. this won't be the second coming of jesus. :-).
                        -
                        jakub
                        my projects so far:

Travail retextured ___/___ Knave HD textures
                        Tronyn in high definiton ___/___Abyss of Pandemonium HD textures
                        Nehahra rtlights and other experiments

Comment

• Thanks for clearing it out and Seven was right...you are a modest man!
                          Looking forward to this in the future!

Comment

• Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
                            ...you are a modest man!
                            And that is exactly the reason I like Jakub so much.
                            Making really fantastic effects from scratch (saying its nothing special).

And even though, Jakub does not want to hear this:
                            I have seen a lot of different effects already, but none of them can match up with his new ones. And there are more than just replacements of existing ones (but I dont want to spoil suprise).
                            Acceptance, acknowledgment and respect to the talented & creative people.

==============

One more thing I forgot to mention regarding the new "small mod compilation":

The Hellknight (some call him Death Knight) has a magical attack where he fires 5 projectiles.
                            There are 3 different animations in the model file for this, but only 1 is used.
                            I dont know why ID1 made 3 beautiful animations and used only 1 of them.
                            I changed the QC so that now all 3 animations are used randomly.
                            In addition to this, I made his body turn a little bright red when the fire animations start.
                            That gives the visual of that he "charges" his magic attack and his complete body becomes hellish red.
                            After he shot the 5 projectiles, it gets normal again.
                            If you are interested in details and the QC code, please read here.

Best wishes,
                            Seven
                            Last edited by Seven; 01-10-2012, 02:55 AM.

Comment

• Thanks for the link to your tutorial Seven! I'll be re-compiling after I change the code tonight after work!!

Comment

• Nice to see Jakub is still active as I like his tastes.
                                I am looking forward to this as I update my new box to run all the effects.
                                I bought the i5 2500 and asus p8p67 with 8 gigs of ddr3 and soon to purchase
                                the Asus radeon 6950 2GB. I Have to install Vista to get DX 11 to run BF3,my concern is will that mess up running quake?
                                I hope to contribute by adding a few small things like stigmata wounds leaking from the crucifixion and some steam from some of the many grates.
                                Last edited by bluntz; 01-14-2012, 10:12 PM.
                                WARNING
                                May be too intense for some viewers.
                                Stress Relief Device
                                ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                                ---------------------------
                                .--------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X