Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .skin files Sean.

Check out my Vengeance Sphere for DoE or just check out the Quake3 models.
    Shambler_0.skin (default)
    Shambler_1.skin (skin 2)
    ............_3.skin (skin 3)
    ect

Comment

• Just tried it

Hello Seven, Hello Jakub,
      Thank you for this wonderfull work. I like all the new effects.
      I love the Rocketlauncher
      One of the greatest releases ever!!! Thank you!

W@

Comment

• Another great release! I'm feeling kinda spoiled :p
        Souvenirs d'un autre monde

Comment

• awesome.. cant wait to check out all the new effects like monsters taking damage from lava to name one. really dig the new wizard and hell knight effects.. but i know its just something im doing wrong but it seems the lazer bolts have lost their light... anyone else have this problem? Anyways awesome release, thank god there are other people out there that love this game as much as me. thank you
          Last edited by kreaper; 01-31-2012, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• @ kreaper

just tried playin e2m1 and i see what you noticed about the laser shots.

but the laser hasnt lost its light, but the range of the light is made a lot smaller instead from what i can see.

looks different, but imo better, before the light range of a laser shot was huge
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• @ kreaper
              laser shots originally used special white light entity hardcoded to the laser shot model via flag - ef_brightlight or ef_dimlight... not sure right now. anyway, i removed that parm in qc so now the laser trail uses only the red light defined in a effectinfo.txt. just as splitterface pointed out in the previous post, it looks much beter this way.

@ all
              thanks for positive response.

jakub
              my projects so far:

Travail retextured ___/___ Knave HD textures
              Tronyn in high definiton ___/___Abyss of Pandemonium HD textures
              Nehahra rtlights and other experiments

Comment

• @ jakub

you're more then welcome, the particle-effects you made are truely amazing!
                you really did a totally awesome job on them

btw seven, only thing now that im kinda still missing is that corpses float too instead of just sink straight to the bottom.
                if you could make corpses float too that would totally make gyro complete

oh oh, and it would also kick ass if backpacks would float too, just like they do in kleshik
                Last edited by talisa; 02-01-2012, 05:08 AM.
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Dear all,

Jakub and I am more than happy about the given feedback.
                  Thank you very much.

But also if you are not happy with some things, please feel free to mention them.
                  We also except and are happy about negative feedback or criticism that helps to improve things further.

You know, the best thing about Jakub´s effects is that even after several days,
                  when you think that you have seen them all in-game, you still discover new ones !
                  Some, that you dont see all the time like:
                  - rune effect (end of each episode)
                  - Shalrath´s homing missile trail+explosion
                  - Nailgun´s nail trail under water

... just to mention some of the more seldom ones.

@ Splitterface

Making the backpack float is a very easy QC change.
                  It is similar to the gibs.
                  Making the corpses float is a long time request, that I cannot serve you yet.
                  In principle it is also identical to the gibs, but that leads to conflicts with the other features. Conflicts, that I still could not resolve.

If someone wants to use 2 different skins for md3 monster models:
                  You have 2 possibilities:
                  1.) Use the method that OoPpEe describes
                  2.) Or even easier: Make a copy of the .md3 monster model and rename it.
                  Open Milkshape or any other md3 editing tool, rename the textures in the new model and save it. So now you have 2 models ("monster.mdl" and "monster1.mdl") that uses different skins !
                  Edit the new set of textures to your likings and paste both texture sets into the "textures" folder and both models with correct naming into the "progs" folder of the 'Starter Kit'.
                  Use the cvar setting "2" for this monster in your autoexec.cfg and you are ready to go.

Read the included QC source to understand how it works in detail.

Best wishes,
                  Seven
                  Last edited by Seven; 02-01-2012, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• btw just was playing quake a bit and was in a map with a lot of enforcers,
                    and i must say that that particle-effect on the laser-shots itself looks totally kick-ass jakub
                    Last edited by talisa; 02-01-2012, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• oh btw something i just thought of, another request i also made at an earlier time, and would really love if we got that feature:
                      that when the ring of invisibility is picked up, the hud weapons only become 50% transparent instead of 100%transparent, like in doom for example, or like in the quake mod kleshik.

the fact hud weapons now become fully invisible makes it hard to see which weapon you have equipped, and i would really love it if an option would be included in the SMC which allows you to set if weapons become 100% or 50% transparent when you pick up ring of invisibility.

the fact hud weapons become completely invisible too is for me a reason to not pick it up most times if i see it, cuz its really annoying that you cant see your own weapons on hud at all

Comment

• Originally posted by splitterface View Post
                        btw seven, it would also kick ass if backpacks would float too, just like they do in kleshik

We have a saying in Germany:
                        "Unmoegliches wird sofort erledigt, Wunder dauern etwas laenger."

So please find/download the "Backpack-Update": DOWNLOAD
                        A detailed readme is included (Please read it).

It gives you 1 new cvar: 'backpack' (default = 0)
                        "0" = backpacks are not movable/shootable/floatable
                        "1" = backpacks use gyro and can be shot/moved and can float on water

Best wishes,
                        Seven

PS: The 50% transparent view weapon when picking up the ring
                        cannot be done via QC change. This behaviour is engine driven.
                        The third person view behaviour can be changed just the way you requested though.
                        I might be wrong of course.
                        This is triggered via QC of course, but the engine decides what to do. You need xxQC to manipulate it. And the "small mod compilation" is QC-only.

Comment

• I discovered something rather funny today with the latest SMC, if you kill an DK during its "charge" the corpse of the DK will still glow, gibs too.
                          Also, if you interupt an DK during charge he'll return to his basics all red glowing.

Comment

• THIS IS SO FULL OF WIN

Thank you Seven, your SMC is one of the best things to ever happen for Quake.

*we're not worthy*
                            Regular One Man Slaughterhouse

Comment

• Hello Ghostbreed,

You see, that is why we need more beta testers
                              Something similar happened after the V3.6 release too.
                              Do you remember (the thing with the gibs) ?

I fully understand your mentioned issue with the Hellknight.
                              It is (now that the bug is known) clear why this happens.
                              I will fix this.

Thank you for your bug reports. This is very important for me.

I will wait some more days (for maybe more bug reports), before the fix comes.
                              Thank you for your understanding.

Roy Batty,
                              dont, please dont say this.
                              We all know that this has been grown in the last years.
                              Step by step (little by little).
                              It keeps me busy and my old brain *alive*.
                              If I would not have Quake, I would sit there every evening and wtach TV....

A lot of people helped to bring this where it is now.
                              Your beautiful weather files for Episode 3 are also part of it.

Without this great community that always brings new ideas, this little project would have died long ago. Let us see how long it will stay alive.

Sincerely,
                              Seven

Comment

• Glad I could help Seven

Comment

Working...
                                X