Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Seven,

I have started from scratch and re-downloaded the official stable DP build.
    I have problems with the small mod compilation, and I get the following message flash up on the screen:

sv-soundindex ("walk/generic4.wav") not precached (fix your code), precaching anyway

I am hearing sound effects constantly looping without stopping.

I thought starting from scratch would solve a lot of this stress.

Can you advise?

Cheers!

Baz.
    "There ain't no Devil, son, that's just GOD when he's drunk!"

Comment

• Have no fear peter, I think the reason for this is because you load a save before installing SMC right?
      I mean, a save made before you installed SMC and then loaded afterwards.
      Souvenirs d'un autre monde

Comment

• Hello Ghostbreed!

So I just need to restart the map for the mod to take effect?

BR.

Baz.

Comment

• yus, if you have a savegame that was made before you installed the mod,
          just press ~ to open console and type 'restart' to restart the map and the mod will go in effect
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• What splitterface said
            Enjoy SMC!

Comment

• Cheers guys!

It worked like a charm!

Baz.

Comment

• one is glad to be of service

(lol just watched bicentennial man last night, sentence was a quote from that movie)
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Anytime anywhere peter
                  We Quakers stick together

Comment

• @Splitterface.

Sorry - I packed the wrong models.
                    Now it should work

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...tml#post107301

Comment

• @webangel
                      link still gives the same pk3 with the same DDS files instead of PNGs

but nvm, already took the 2 minutes myself to do the same copy&paste work to fix up my own zombie wrack skin which is bloody

Comment

• Splitterface,
                        yes I use DDS. Files are much smaller.
                        I don´t understand your problem splitterface. You can use it like png, tga or jpg.
                        There is no difference.

Comment

• Hello webangel,

You should set your cvar "soldiermuzzleflash" to the correct value.
                          You still use default "1", but use Moo´s/OoPpEe´s model.
                          But I might be wrong and the screenshot fools me.

Hello peter tron,

Reading that you use the last "stable" build from DarkPlaces.
                          If you maybe want to activate the "offsetmapping" feature in the future, you will unfortunately not be able to with this build.
                          The feature is deactivated in it.
                          Please read this small post if you want to use it.

For anybody who wants to use webangels DDS files:
                          Since webangel discovered the DDS format she uses it with high passion
                          I am not a big friend of it (at least not for such a small amount of textures), and as you see it brings questions and issues for many users in several threads.
                          But fortunately the DDS format is quite common nowadays, so you will find a plugin for ALL texture editing programs.
                          So simply:
                          - Open the DDS file in your texture editor
                          - Save it as any format you want.
                          DarkPlaces even has a in-game save option for DDS files.

By the way:
                          Does *size* really matter Webangel ?

Best wishes,
                          Seven

Comment

• ah. so renaming the DDS filenames to the filenames i have set the modified soldier model to use should work?

cuz i wanted to use the textures for a modified mdl which uses different names for the files

Comment

• Hello Seven,
                              I am using cvar "2". I think the screenshot is not very good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post

By the way:
                                Does *size* really matter Webangel ?
                                What should I say Seven
                                Last edited by webangel; 02-05-2012, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X