X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATE 20120205

New version V3.72 Release

New Features:
    - Added possibility to use Gyro on backpacks (so you can shoot them around and they can float in water)
    - Added possibility to disable the spinning of backpacks
    - Added High Poly backpack model
    - Added new custom effects to E1M1 map (e1m1.ent file and e1m1_effectinfo.txt are included)
    - Added new "custom sound effects support": You can add sounds into maps without editing QC (samples included).

Updated features:
    - fixed Hellknight´s charge effect bug (he kept glowing when he was interrupted during firing animation)
    - fixed backpack gyro issues from the unofficial V3.71 release

Updated DOWNLOAD links in 1st post.

Important:
    As always, please read the included readme´s (at least the main one) !

Here is a clip to see some new e1m1 effect ideas I had.
    All you need for it is inside the subfolder of the smc´s.zip:
    - e1m1.ent
    - e1m1_effectinfo.txt
    The new ambience sound can be heard in the secret with the water passage ("river-sound") and around all 3 steam points.
    You can of course delete or adjust them if you want (inside the commented .ent file).

Have fun.
    Seven

PS: I promise to not release a newer version soon.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYJoRFefgTI&list=UUbX7uVIXqMzBza0YmLJuMdw& index=1&feature=plcp[/ame]

Comment

• Already Seven? Don't you ever sleep?
      Souvenirs d'un autre monde

Comment

• Thank you Seven,my friend!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
          If you maybe want to activate the "offsetmapping" feature in the future, you will unfortunately not be able to with this build.
          The feature is deactivated in it.
          I can't even run DP with RTWorld Shadow on, as my fps goes down to under 10. It's basically unplayable.

I only have an NVIDIA GeForce 6600

P.S.-Your Pack you uploaded to Deposit File is down/removed.
          Last edited by peter tron; 02-05-2012, 05:09 PM.
          "There ain't no Devil, son, that's just GOD when he's drunk!"

Comment

• An idea had just appeared in my head.
            Lava nailgun. Its barrels are sizzling hot, right? So hot that they're glowing. Is it possible to make it boiling when submerged underwater? I mean, when you are underwater and LNG/SLNG is active - then a lot of bubbles are produced alongside its barrels. All the time, not only when you are shooting.
            Last edited by FC Zvyozdochka; 02-06-2012, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• YES! Love the idea, Zvyozdochka!

Comment

• Dear all,

Unfortunately there was still a tiny bug in the "small mod compilation" V3.72, that I uploaded yesterday:
                If you enable gyro for the backpacks ('set backpack 1'), the backpack does not float everytime in low water.
                It tends to stick to the ground in the water.

Reason: The buoyancy is not strong enough for the "heavy" bag !

I only tested the GYRO for backpack in E2M1 (= deep water) and didnt notice it during development.

So I fixed it and replaced the link in 1st post.
                Now it should really be bugfree !

For those of you, who already downloaded V3.72 and dont want to download it again, here is only the fixed 'progs.dat' and QC (full V3.72 is needed): DOWNLOAD fix only

For all others, please find the fixed full V3.72 link in 1st post.

I am more than sorry for the inconvenience !

And please tell me your opinions about the new E1M1 map effects in the clip.
                Shall things like these be put into other maps as well ?
                It was just an idea to make the game a little more "alive".
                But maybe it was not a good idea and doesnt fit to the game ?

@ FC Zvyozdochka
                That is doable with dpextensions features, but we still dont have V3.72 for the mission packs. Let´s get this done first I guess...

Best regards,
                Seven

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                  And please tell me your opinions about the new E1M1 map effects in the clip.
                  But maybe it was not a good idea and doesnt fit to the game ?Best regards,
                  Seven
                  I want more of that stuff, Seven! As long as it doesn't bring our FPS down

Comment

• personally i didnt have the problem with the backpack sinking instead of floating cuz i have the mass of it set to 750. i did however find another weird bug with the backpacks. but let me first download the progs.dat for the fix and see if the bug i found is still there with the fix.

ill let you know in a minute, after i apply the fix and test if the bug i found is still there

EDIT: just tried and the other bug i had found is solved too by applying the fix
                    Last edited by talisa; 02-06-2012, 02:59 PM.
                    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• btw the map effects... the bubbling in the acid is definitely nice

but the steam and sparks, they're nice, but personally id rather play quake without those
                      they look great, but just personal preference

and the fog coming from the slipgate.... looks nice, but feels to much like an effect from cheap horror movies imo
                      not saying it looks bad, the effect itself is real nicely done, looks like realistic fog

but imo something like that is more fit for B horror movies, and doesnt really fit in quake
                      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• I like splitterface set my buoyancy to a lower value and had no problems with the backpacks buoyancy. I personally like the effects Seven as it does bring "life" into the maps. I like fog because it sets the atmosphere. Love the slipgate effects too! I would still value a tutorial from you on how to place effects at certain points in a map.

Good idea about the lavanails Zvyozdochka!
                        Last edited by gdiddy62; 02-06-2012, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• And please tell me your opinions about the new E1M1 map effects in the clip.
                          But maybe it was not a good idea and doesnt fit to the game ?
                          I like 'em all. IMO it really brings life in the game.
                          The best way to test all of these effects is to run the same levels with another engine - original GLQuake, DirectQ or any other engine which seems to be vanilla one. If the game feeling keeps the same then effects are OK for you. Of course, it's all of personal taste, but all SMC features are easily adjustable, so it is easy to tune all the effects to make it fit into your game.
                          As for me, SMC does not change but just increase the original feeling.

That is doable with dpextensions features, but we still dont have V3.72 for the mission packs. Let´s get this done first I guess...
                          You are the master, Seven

Comment

• I like fc zvyozdochka's idea a lot and I hope you will add the lavagun nail smoke when they hit walls Seven! Thanks for all your efforts..it is bringing more new life to our Quake!

Comment

• you will add the lavagun nail smoke when they hit walls
                              Man, it is already done
                              Here is a rarjpeg with modified progs.dat for DoE:

Here is another view:

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghostbreed View Post
                                I want more of that stuff, Seven! As long as it doesn't bring our FPS down

Hello Ghostbreed,

I understand your concerns.
                                The particle effects in E1M1 does not affect your fps much, EXCEPT the slime "acid".
                                I suggest to delete the slime effect in pools 3 and 4.
                                These pools are the ones beneath the bridge near end of map.
                                You will not see much of them anyhow. So you can savely delete these entries in e1m1_effectinfo.txt.
                                The next one would be slime pool no. "2". This is the big one in the great hall.
                                Due to its size, I had to use a high quantity.
                                If you delete this "pool 2" entry as well, the fps impact is almost zero.

Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
                                I like splitterface set my buoyancy to a lower value and had no problems with the backpacks buoyancy...
                                I would still value a tutorial from you on how to place effects at certain points in a map...

Yes, the issue with the bag was only with a high mass (>1000).
                                But the mass should be higher than 1000, because a bag full of ammo is a lot heavier than a head gib (mass = 900) for example.
                                That is why i set the default to 1500.
                                But that is just a "default" value that you can change to your likings.
                                Anyway, there should be no issue now with any setting

Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
                                I like fc zvyozdochka's idea a lot and I hope you will add the lavagun nail smoke when they hit walls Seven! Thanks for all your efforts..it is bringing more new life to our Quake!
                                In case you didnt know, Marsha made a QC edit, that gives you this feature already:
                                click
                                The result will be just like FC Zvyozdochka´s screenshots above.
                                Adjust the effectinfo entry´s quantity a little to reduce the smoke.

Thank you all for your feedback.
                                Seven

Comment

Working...
                                X