Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @fc zvyozdochka @seven

Yes, I know the lavanail feature is out and I have it!

I just wanted it to be a part of the SMC and I'm sure adjustable via cvar!! I think it cuts on the clutter to have all in one place if possible. And what better place than your SMC!!

Comment

• Hi Seven.

I ran into some trouble (again).
      I can't get your effects for M1E1 to work
      Do I need to download something extra outside of this thread?
      Souvenirs d'un autre monde

Comment

• did you make sure to also place the special effectinfo included for E1M1 in your id1 folder?
        cuz it needs that special txt file, otherwise the effects wont work
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Oh, uh.. Yeah, I guess so
          Can you do a printscreen of your ID1 folder so I can see if I did right?

Comment

• inside the SMC zip, in the folder where there was also the 'e1m1.ent' file, there also was a file named 'e1m1_effectinfo.txt'

you need to put both files in a folder named 'maps' inside your ID1 folder

then the effects will work

Last edited by talisa; 02-07-2012, 03:32 PM.
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Cheers mate. I'll have a look at it when my vision isn't so damn blurry from being tired

Comment

• welcome

Comment

• Just tried it and now it works Thanks again!

Comment

• you're welcome again, always glad to help

Comment

• Travail

EDIT1: I OVERLOOKED THAT YOUR SOURCE IS IN THE ZIPS!! SORRY!! MY OFFER BELOW STILL STANDS THOUGH!!

EDIT2: After looking at what code I have decompiled it appears I am missing what I need from an error (as to be expected decompiling) so I was wondering if you have any of the spider code or anything of the Travail code (or similar) that I could use? - Thanks!

Hey Seven - I think you may only accept PM's from your friends list (hopefully I am not blacklisted) - I was wondering if you would be willing to let me use the qc source of your SMC progs.dat - I have decompiled Travails and want to combine them to have particles and all your cool effects etc... - please let me know - thanks man - Scotto

BTW - if you want hosting for your SMC or anything else you would normally post (rather than using rapidshare) let me know and I will setup a subdomain at my site just for you with ftp access - just let me know!! I'll set up the page as well if you need me to. I have had the site forever and it's not going anywhere as I host some of my customers from it. Unlimited space!
                      Last edited by Scotto; 02-08-2012, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• Is possible to have crouch as additional command, like Hexen2?

Comment

• Hi Seven.

Is it possible to make enemies underwater taking damage from drowning?

Comment

• Hello Scotto,

Do not worry, I am happy and answer ALL PM´s (not only ones from the friends list).

I never played travail, but if it uses the standard quake effect names:
                            - TE_xxx
                            - TR_xxx
                            you can simply use the effectinfo.txt from V3.61 for travail as well.

It should work fine for all standard Quake effects.
                            Don’t use the effectinfo.txt from V3.72 because it changes some of the standard Quake effect names !

Decompiling a 'progs.dat' is always a little tricky.
                            The format inside the QC files may be very different to the ones you are used to.
                            So it is hard to copy/paste code over if you are not an experienced user.

Only 1 progs.dat can be used at a time.
                            So copying travail´s custom code into SMC code (which is a custom 1.06 code) is the way you have to go.
                            Be aware, that smc code is looking VERY different to original 1.06 code already due to the many changes.
                            So it will be quite hard to implement ALL travail code (if travail uses big changes).
                            But to implement only some of travail code will be very doable. It also depends on how “clean” the custom code is
                            done in travail.

Attention:
                            as mentioned above, the “decompiling” process is a bit “tricky”.
                            Try to compile the decompiled QC-files to see if you have any errors (and test if the decompiling was successful).
                            If you have errors, then only the compilers help/hints can save you. FTEQCC has wonderful hints.
                            Baker released a NEWS today, saying that QC source of Travail is released by Asaki.
                            Now that must be a lucky day for you !

I never played travail (it is on my ToDo list for a long time), so I don’t know anything about “spiders”, sorry.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask (don’t expect an answer after 2 hours though, cause I am not online every day).
                            It is always a good idea to ask questions in public (not via PM), so also other people can help/support.
                            A perfect place for QC related questions is in the forum of inside3d.com. You will find the real experts there.

========================

Hello IronWarfare,

You can implement a 'crouching' feature yourself very easy by following the crouching tutorial from inside3d.com
                            But I don’t see the necessity, because a feature like “crouching” needs “crouching-able” maps.
                            In a map which gives you no chance to crouch (like ALL ID1 maps) somewhere, where you cannot walk to,
                            It is a little useless in my opinion.
                            That is why the SMC will not have a crouching feature (because you cannot really use it efficient).

But as mentioned, feel free to use the QC source from SMC and implement the crouching tutorial. It is easy.
                            The source is inside the .zip file.

==========================

Dear all,

I always thought that the watersplash effect was not perfect.

The slowly increasing circular wave (ring-like-ripple), created by the impact, was missing to make it realistic.

Several month ago, Nahuel worked on a strategy to create this kind of wave/ripple by using a 3D model with a special texture+shader on it.
                            That looked good already.
                            But I wanted to go another path (a more simple one)…

Yesterday I found a simple solution for it, by using the advanced effectinfo scripting particle parameters.
                            The tricky thing was to find a way to keep the ripple 2D (= parallel and flat towards the water surface) independent to players view_angle towards the water surface.
                            Normaly, particles are always 3D and increase its size in all directions. So the ripple would look more like a sphere. LOL
                            The solution is using the combination of these 3 parameters:
                            - orientation oriented
                            - velocityjitter 0 0 1
                            - sizeincrease 20

“Orientation oriented” forces the particle to only expand 90° towards velocityjitter axis.
                            So velocityjitter X and Y must be “0” and Z must be a small value (to keep the ripple flat).

In the end it looked the way I wanted. This was a little bastard to develop…
                            I kept it subtle to not destroy the overall look of the watersplash.
                            It is still a particle effect and not a real 3D wave of course, but it looks more realistic than before.
                            If you want you can of course:
                            - change the transparency
                            - change the increasing speed
                            - change the color

I added the wave/ripple effect to both versions:
                            - effectinfo Vers. A
                            - effectinfo Vers. B

So you can simply use it without the necessity to edit the effectinfo.txt file yourself.
                            Just put the one that fits to your SMC Version into your ID1 folder.
                            Rename it to “effectinfo.txt” first, of course.

Please find the DOWNLOAD below.

Here is a small clip I tried to record to show the effect in-game:

Best wishes,
                            Seven

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGR9iTk1F44&feature=plcp&context=C36be69eU DOEgsToPDskIA8SlHEqdMQSJYVDt5j-UM]watersplash2.avi - YouTube[/ame]
                            Attached Files

Comment

• seven you are awesome

Comment

• Excellent addition to an already excellent SMC Seven!! Can't wait now for 3.7 for the mission packs!! Look forward to it

Regards

Comment

Working...
                                X