No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know I will be happy with whatever you create and as you say we can edit to our tastes. I do that already and it is liberating as is editing QC code!

Best wishes

Comment

• I like your lava ideas just fine
      I have another request though, can you please adapt the multi model support
      to include gibs as well. I would like to see different bones for different frags as I am getting a bit bored of the spines and ribs in every frag.
      I still have not found my older gibs models with the long bones.
      Bugs include :
      Double reflection at or near surface of water but the reflect is of the generic weapon and not the one player has currently.
      Also getting shadows through the floors of monsters above.
      One more, I am not getting the ripple but am getting the splash this may have to do with the offset mapping I suspect as my windows dont look to be bumped out either,I may have overwritten something I suspect.
      Can you please pass me yours?
      I am running an OCT 22 build is this ok?
      WARNING
      May be too intense for some viewers.
      Stress Relief Device
      ....BANG HEAD HERE....
      ---------------------------
      .--------------------------

Comment

• Cool idea for different gibs bluntz!! Hope that can happen too!!

@splitterface
        Thanks again!

Comment

• @bluntz
          yeah i really like that idea to, multi-model support for gibs

@gdiddy
          you're welcome
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• @ seven

ah this sounds like its def the culprit. your wisdom knows no bounds. thank you for lending your expertise once again ill try it out later when i get a chance but thanks either way for now. cheers

@ splitterface

thank you for your ideas as well i think you and seven came to the conclusion at the same time lol. thanks

Comment

• @kreaper
              lol yeah, seems me and seven both came to the conclusion it mustve been the DP build you're using that was the culprit

as they always say: great minds think alike
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by bluntz View Post
                Can you please pass me yours?
                Hello bluntz,
                I dont know what you mean (most probably due to my bad english).
                Can you please be more specific, what files you need ?
                Seven

Comment

• oh btw seven.... i had a question for you. well actually more like a request/idea something.
                  regarding the 'relieved sould of the enslaved' death animation

i noticed that for the demon that picks up the ghost, you ported over the imp from doomsday heretic.
                  and i also noticed that you used the old imp model.

why dont you use the newer imp by psychikon for that instead? it looks so much more awesome,
                  it looks like a nasty scary little monster, instead of a kid with paper wings on its back like what the old one looks like

Doomsday forums - jHRP Gargoyle-2 v1.0

if you'd use that imp model it would make the effect so much more awesome looking
                  cuz the newer imp looks 100times more kickass then the old one you used for the effect

EDIT: oh oh, or maybe you could use the new afrit model by pyschikon, or both and have them picked at random?
                  that would be even more awesome! the afrit by psychikon looks totally kickass too

Doomsday forums - heXen afrit by psychikon

PICS OF AFRIT MODEL
                  Last edited by talisa; 02-14-2012, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                    Hello bluntz,
                    I dont know what you mean (most probably due to my bad english).
                    Can you please be more specific, what files you need ?
                    Seven
                    Autoexec.cfg and config.cfg.
                    Also please advise which build you are now running.
                    Also what nail models are those?
                    Fun with nails:
                    Last edited by bluntz; 02-14-2012, 06:27 PM.
                    WARNING
                    May be too intense for some viewers.
                    Stress Relief Device
                    ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                    ---------------------------
                    .--------------------------

Comment

• Dear all,

Inspired by the wonderful particle effects from Jakub, I wanted to try to make the effect, that is on my ToDo list for a long time: Flies flying around corpses.

That is my first attempt. It is nothing spectacular.
                      The colors have been changed by youtube (after I uploaded it).
                      They are more darker brownish in-game. And can be seen much better.
                      It is the best texture I could find on the existing font. I think it is good enough for this effect. It can be enabled/disabled via 2 cvars (1 for corpses, 1 for gibs).

You must switch to fullscreen and 720p to really see it in the clip:
                      [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puu_ecdILHQ&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL]corpse_gibs_flies.avi - YouTube[/ame]

=====================

Hello bluntz,
                      if you mean the nailgun spikes/nails, I use the model and diffuse texture from Rygels pack, but of course not the offset textures, because they dont work and are not necessary due to high velocity of the model.
                      My autoexec.cfg is part of the "small mod compilation", there are no other cvars in it.
                      My config.cfg is attached below (if you really want to have it).
                      The DP build I use is linked here (20th august ´11)

Your idea of different gibs per enemy has been discussed in this thread some time ago already.
                      The QC part is not the problem. The problem are the gibs+textures.
                      First of all, we all use different monster models/textures, so the gibs would not match.
                      There are a couple of "standard" gibs available for Quake, but their visual differes quite much. So the hard part are the models.
                      If someone will do them, I will be happy to implement them.

=====================

Hello splitterface,
                      Do not worry, I am totally aware of psychikon´s work.
                      Please see this thread. I already implemented them into the Heretic/Hexen compilations.
                      One reason why I chose the older model is the readme and the license of it.
                      The older model was offered to be freely used by anybody.
                      Next thing, knowing that you are not familiar with QC:
                      Please look into the file: "soul.qc" inside my source.
                      You will quickly get a feeling what it means to change the model and animation.
                      I needed several weeks to make it.
                      So I guess, there is a little chance to redo it. Just exchanging the model does unfortunately not work.
                      But thanks for the idea.

Kind regards,
                      Seven
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Yes! Flies!
                        Would it be possible to also add flies for zombies, even when uh.. "alive"?

I also would like to have that thing you have that shows you the name of each map when you enter it
                        Last edited by Ghostbreed; 02-15-2012, 03:16 PM.
                        Souvenirs d'un autre monde

Comment

• @ghostbreed
                          the feature that it shows map name at start/load of map is here:
                          http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...-hud-csqc.html

its part of the code from nahuels hud
                          and it has the option to simply change wether or not you wanna use modified hud with '+' and '-'

@seven
                          meh, the flies are not my things, feels so unreal, flies wouldnt find a corpse till after at least a few hours.
                          neat idea, but personally never liked that much in games.

do like ghostbreeds idea to have it added to zombies though, since they are meant to be zombies who've been rotten and decaying for long time, and thus it would make perfect sense that they would have flies buzzing around them

and i just looked at the QC file for the efffects.... holy crap, thats an insane lot of code you had to write
                          shame i have no experience in modelling myself. otherwise i wouldve gladly helped with at least the re-animating of the model

knew about the re-animating that would have to be done, but didnt know you had to write so insanely much lines for every animation
                          Last edited by talisa; 02-15-2012, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• Thanks Splitter, you and Seven are the best on these forums!
                            Souvenirs d'un autre monde

Comment

• I agree about having them around the zombies!! Awesome stuff Seven! I had forgotten this idea of yours. Can't wait for the next version you release.

Comment

• Yep, I agree both with splitterface (there would be no flies around corpse in at least few hours) and Ghostbreed (zombies are rotting for a long time, so flies around them have had a lot of time to appear)

Comment

Working...
                                X