X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't wait for this Seven!!!!

Comment

• Webangel is brilliant.
      It is so sad that she has no time anymore for Quake...

The interactive weapons dont use shaders. Only QC.
      LordHavoc didnt make us a gift with "self.weaponskin", so this was extremely difficult to do for me. With "self.weaponskin" it would have been so much easier.

So, yes you can continue to use her shader.
      It will play when you dont shoot --> weapon is passive.
      When you shoot, QC will take over and when the weapon cooled down, the shader can take over again.
      But it looks not good to use both together.
      The lavaguns shot only get hotter when you fire them I think.
      But that is a personal liking thing of course ...

The spikemines:
      Pictures are one thing... in-game visuals are another one.
      They look best in-game in my opinion.
      I also tried green, hehe. That was funny.
      But as always:
      Simply change the cvar and you will never see the other ones.

The scorpion on the right:
      Inofficial Reforged Team skin, that got dropped.
      But I like it the most.

Kind regards,
      Seven

PS: "Your imagination is the only limit" (c) Nike

Comment

• lols, i can imagine a green spikebomb would look funny

ah okies, didnt know about that scorpion skin. personally like the one from fraggers most myself cuz it is most close to the original skin

and like gdiddy i cant wait either to have multi-skins and the new effects you made for both hipnotic and rogue

oh btw randomness... i saw in your clip that your lava-nailgun had cracks too. i saw a pic of that one in the thread from webangel as well. but the pack i have myself doesnt have that version, but only the version of the lava-nailgun which has glow at tips. the lava-SNG in the pack i have does have cracks though.
        do you happen to have that pk3 with the lava-NG and lava-SNG which both have cracks plus glow and have that pulsating effect?

cuz id love to have a lavaNG which has cracks too and that pulsating glow effect
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
          ... you should stop playing with shamblers in lava ! They dont like it
          lol

Comment

• Originally posted by splitterface View Post
            btw another thing i just thought about..
            will it also work for rogue to have 3 skins for normal knight and hellknight PLUS the stone one?

If you look into the source code, you will see how it is done.
            You will understand it quickly and extending it to whatever number of skins is quite easy.
            I commented many lines inside the source to make it as easy as possible to understand.
            You only have to pay attention about setting the new global .floats correctly:
            Code:
            self.monsterskin = 0;    // set your desired values here
            self.monstermodel = 0;    // set your desired values here
            I made checks for these globals whenever something regarding the monsters happen, to be sure to call the correct skins/models:
            - spawn corpses
            - spawn death animations
            - spawn head gibs

I set the limit to "3" just because of the available replacement skins/models.
            You will very seldom find more than 3 with the same quality.
            That was the only reason for the "3" cap.
            But you can easily extend it to whatever you want.

===========

Originally posted by splitterface View Post
            do you happen to have that pk3 with the lava-NG and lava-SNG which both have cracks plus glow and have that pulsating effect?

cuz id love to have a lavaNG which has cracks too and that pulsating glow effect

It will be part of the "small mod compilation" V3.80.
            I will use different model and texture names for the interactive weapons,
            so that the users weapons of choice will NOT be overriden.
            You simply set the cvars according your personal liking:
            Code:
            set lavagunanimation 1   // or "0"
            set plasmagunanimation 1   // or "0"
            If you choose "0" nothing will change (compared to your setup today).
            If you choose "1", the models inside smc will be used (with interaction).

You can also combine them if you want, of course...

My highest target is to leave decisions to the user and to not force to use someting you do not want.

Comment

• you really have some nice ideas.

Red glowing metal usually goes to an almost whiteish glow when it becomes hotter.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYuoGQdDw2A]Schmieden: Speerspitze - YouTube[/ame]
              Scout's Journey
              Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

• @seven
                about the skins... no no, i didnt mean that, i meant that wether or not it would work that if i'd use my triple skin pack if the stone Hknight would still show with the stone skin or not?
                cuz i noticed that the stone skins also seem to use the names 'hknight.mdl_1' and 'knight.mdl_1'

so how'd you make that work with the smc multi-skin feature?
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Hello,

I had a new idea regarding slipgates.
                  Maybe you like it...

Regarding MP2:
                  I am not sure wich one I should use for the MP2 powerups.
                  You will see a small clip that shows some of the ideas.

I know that interest is low for it, but I would like to finish this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMlJv-xjLoc&list=UUbX7uVIXqMzBza0YmLJuMdw&index=1&featur e=plcp]Quake-new-slipgate-and-MP2-powerups.avi - YouTube[/ame]

==========

Uups, I didnt see your post splitterface:
                  There are 6 monsters in MP2, that use more than one skin:
                  - Eel (attack skins)
                  - knight (stone)
                  - hellknight (stone)
                  - ogre (ogre boss)
                  - tarbaby
                  - the 3 morph monsters/guardians
                  I did not change this.

So as a consequence, you will have less skins for these standard monsters in MP2.
                  Last edited by Seven; 03-23-2012, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• No you are mistaken Seven, interest is very good for it as far as I'm concerned!!!!!

Edit:
                    It would be nice to have both options with the slipgate of your original "fog" and this new one! Probably a lot of work unfortunately to do that, but it would be nice via cvar if possible. I like the first particle-effect personally for the belt, and I like the effect under the shield!
                    Is it possible to include various effectinfo files to achieve the desired effect if the other way is too time intensive??

Keep up the efforts Seven.. THEY ARE APPRECIATED!!
                    Last edited by gdiddy62; 03-24-2012, 07:15 AM.

Comment

• Personally I don't like new version of slipgate effect, but it is easy to include both variants in map.ent and to choose that one you like the most. And everybody will be happy

About antigrav-belt - IMHO it would be better to have something like little lightnings around it instead of sparks or smoke.

Comment

• interest isnt low for updating the SMC for both MPs at all, ive been eagerly waiting for any updates for the MPs and totally cant wait to have them updated too with all the new effects and such which ID1 had since the last update

that particle effect for the slipgate is pretty awesome seven, i love it.
                        kinda cliche effect i know, but i totally love it

gravity belt i think i personally like second effect best

but dont say that interest is low, im sure im not the only one eagerly waiting and checking out the forums ten times a day for any updates eagerly to see anything done to the MPs

and everytime i see any update about anything done to the MPs feels like christmas to me, you keep making quake and the MPs both more and more awesome and amazing with every update, and you're one of the fastest and biggest contributors to making quake as amazing as it has become today with all the features from your amazing small mod compilation.

so please do continue, we love all the amazing work you do for the mission packs and ID1, and are eagerly waiting to see all the amazing-ness you add to them

Comment

• I am pretty sure Seven had quantity of interest ( download count ) in mind

I'll will play MPs sooner or later and am looking forward for MPs SMC too.
                          Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

• Hi Seven

I think that we are all for some expansion pack replay with your encoming new mod compilation.

I to like the first particle-effect for the belt and the effect under the shield!

A big THX!!!

Comment

• Hello Seven,
                              I really like the third Belt particle effect. The Slipgate is looking interesting too, but I think the existing fog is better.

I hope you can release your MP Compilations soon.

Best wishes.
                              web@ngel

Comment

• forget this one

Comment

Working...
                                X