No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh oh, crazy idea maybe, but wouldnt it possible to allow for a different color for the numbers for timers for each possible power-up you can pick up?

like red for quad, green for scuba, white for invisibility, and such?

i know, crazy idea, but maybe usefull, if possible?
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Could you upload 'multiskin starter pack' as a separate file ?

Rapidshare is now limiting speed for free users and my connection is unreliable at times.

I don't use multiskin, but it took me few attempts and two days to succesfully download v3.76

Edit: Of course what I mean is to upload v3.8 separately from 'multiskin pack' when you'll be at it.
      Last edited by _Smith_; 04-03-2012, 11:51 AM.
      Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

• oh ey, i just got another idea

remembering you added a few updates ago that you could set through a cvar wether wall-zombies can be killed by all weapon or only by explosions...
        could you also add the same for monster corpses? so that you can set wether corpses can be gibbed by any weapon or only by explosion?
        that would be neat if you could add that. was playing quake a bit for fun and at random suddenly thought that it actually makes no sense at all to be able to gib corpses with every weapon, and it would be neat if you could make it so that you can set wether you can gib them with any weapon or only with explosions

oh, and another thing i noticed which is kinda weird.
        when monsters get into lava, they catch fire. but the moment they step out of lava, the fire is gone right away, which is kinda weird imo...
        isnt there a way to make it so that if a monster leaves lava that they'll still keep being on fire and hurting for 10secs or so before the fire goes out?
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
          Perhaps if the "rain" particles were smaller?
          Thank you for your suggestion Jeff.
          You are right, it looks much better with smaller particle size.
          So shall it be.

Originally posted by splitterface View Post
          cant you make it so that the timer appears at bottom of screen instead?
          and i was wondering how it would work if you had more then one powerup activated at same time?
          will it show 2 timers at once then or will it only show one timer at a time?
          There are only 2 positions with regular QC availabe as far as I know:
          - center (like shown in the clip)
          - upper left corner
          This is a QC-only mod, so it will be in the "center".

If you use more than 1 powerup at once, counters will be displayed alternately.

oh oh, crazy idea maybe, but wouldnt it possible to allow for a different color for the numbers for timers for each possible power-up you can pick up?
          There are only 2 possible colors with regular QC:
          - bright (like shown in the clip. Depending on your conchars of course)
          - brownish-red (not so good readable in the brown Quake world)

remembering you added a few updates ago that you could set through a cvar wether wall-zombies can be killed by all weapon or only by explosions...
          could you also add the same for monster corpses? so that you can set wether corpses can be gibbed by any weapon or only by explosion?
          Implementation done (It will be in V3.80 !)

when monsters get into lava, they catch fire. but the moment they step out of lava, the fire is gone right away, which is kinda weird imo...
          isnt there a way to make it so that if a monster leaves lava that they'll still keep being on fire and hurting for 10secs or so before the fire goes out?
          As I wrote some pages before, I will not implement an additional time-function (feature) for monsters/gibs/corpses effects. Complexity has reached its limit for me (when flies were introduced).

Thank you all for your suggestions.
          It is in a good progress. Maybe upcoming eastern days will break the spell and the 3 versions can be released.

Comment

• btw i noticed a bug seven

sometimes when you kill an enemy the enemy suddenly changes to use a different skin
            and the same sometimes happens when you gib an enemy, the headgib is not the matching texture from the texture the enemy used before it was gibbed

ive had it happen a couple of times, with the hellknight and with dog mostly.
            its rare to happen, but on some occasions an enemy suddenly changes texture when it is killed or it displays the wrong texture on headgib

just remembered ive had that bug a couple of times when i was playing rogue a bit ago and suddenly got it.
            i know ive had it in both ID1 and ROGUE, dont recall wether or not ive had it happen in HIPNOTIC too
            Last edited by talisa; 04-05-2012, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• We won't get SMC before holidays now, thank you
              Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

• Hello Splitterface,

Yes I know this little dirty bug.
                It happenes rarely. And only with skin0 !
                When you killed a enemy with skin0, sometimes its corpse change to skin1.

But do not worry.
                It is already fixed in V3.80.

If it annoyes you too much, and you dont want to wait 4 more days:
                Simply change this in world.qc:
                if (self.monsterskin == 1)
                bodyque_head.skin = 1;
                To this:
                bodyque_head.skin = self.skin;

It is basically the same thing (cause we only work with skin0 and skin1; and skin0 is default), but it helps...
                And that is what counts.

======

It took me 3 hours to make all the statue gibs today... (they will be in V3.80)
                (Based on Quake Reforged Project of course !!)
                It is simply amazing what Nergal and Alfadar do !

Happy eastern Quakeone.

Comment

• @seven
                  ah yes now you say it, i indeed noticed that, that it only happened sometimes when a monster used skin0.
                  great that the next release of SMC has that bug fixed

and wanted to say the statue gib textures look great

totally cant wait till the new update and we'll have all the new particle effects from jakub in the mps too, and the new ones you made for the power-ups
                  and i totally cant wait to have the ability to have hud weapons partially transparent, thatll give me reason to start using ring of invisibility again. never used it cuz i hated that you couldnt see your hud weapon.

btw some other thingy that kinda bugged me. dun think its done through QC through, but ima ask anyway.
                  it can be kinda annoying me that if you pick up any weapon it automatically changes to that weapon, no matter what weapon it is. can it be changed through qc that it wont do that? cuz ive often died cuz of it if i was in the middle of a fire-fight and i picked up a RL or such which i didnt see and end up shooting a rocket to a close enemy by accident.
                  dun expect it to be fixable through qc but if it would be that would be great, if it could be set through a cvar wether you automatically change to any weapon you pick up or not
                  Last edited by talisa; 04-05-2012, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• 4 MORE DAYS !!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by splitterface View Post
                      it can be kinda annoying me that if you pick up any weapon it automatically changes to that weapon, no matter what weapon it is. can it be changed through qc that it wont do that ?

Hello splitterface,

You seem to like Quake.
                      Ontop of that you have some ideas/wishes to change some things in Quake.

That is a good reason/base to learn QC (as you also seem to have freetime).
                      It is not as difficult as you might think.
                      There are hundreds of tutorials and existing source code to learn from.
                      Your learning curve will raise quickly, I promise.

===========

Now back to your question:

There are 2 totally different ways "Weapon Pickup" is handled in Quake:

1.) Multiplayer:
                      In Multiplayer you have a list of weapon rank.
                      This list sets/declares which weapon is "worse" and which weapon is better, and so on.
                      Depending on this order the "Weapon Pickup" decides wether to switch to the better weapon or leave your current.

2.) Singleplayer:
                      Original Quake code does not care which weapon you carry at the moment when picking up a new one.
                      The new one will always be switched to.

These rules are declared inside "items.qc".
                      In the function "weapon_touch ()"

So, yes it can be done via QC to change this behaviour (like you mentioned above).
                      The code lines you need to change are these:
                      Code:
                      	if (!deathmatch)
                      		self.weapon = new;
                      	else
                      		Deathmatch_Weapon (old, new);

You can (for example) change these lines to:
                      - only autoswitch to the picked up weapon if it is new.
                      - never autoswitch to the picked up weapon

I will implement a cvar into V3.80 to do my 2 examples above or leave original Quake behaviour.

Best wishes,
                      Seven

Comment

• neato, didnt think it was done through qc

thanx for implementing it too, think that ill most likely change it to never switch automatically when you release the update

can you also add it so that itll change only if the weapons is better?
                        like it is in other games

and yeah i love quake, its one of those games that never gets old, and one of those games you can just jump in at any moment and get out again at any moment cuz its purely fun with no real story to worry about unlike a lot of other games.

and yeah, i do have a lot of ideas of cool stuff and small tweaks that could be made. like i also got another idea that would be totally awesome which is akin to blood and i always found totally awesome and hilarious but i think would be kinda complicated to add. which is this the effect at 43secs and further in this clip: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yB8Kuh5l2s[/ame]
                        the effect that when enemies are set on fire they'll run around screaming for a few secs before they die. that would be totally kickass to add a similar effect to enemies when they get into lava, that the enemy will end up running around in circles while on fire for a bit before dieing

maybe i might look into learning qc so i could one day add stuff like that
                        could you recommend any sites/pages i could read which have some sorta tutorials to start messing with qc?
                        beside the tuts at inside3d, i already know that page.
                        Last edited by talisa; 04-06-2012, 06:57 AM.

Comment

• Any chance this could be uploaded to a better host, RapidShare has severly limited the Free download speeds....

If needed I'll seek out a respectable bandwidth providing free host
                          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

• Or even a torrent upload?
                            Souvenirs d'un autre monde

Comment

• Dear all,

I just finished my work on the Rogue version V3.80.
                              During this, I also modified/added some other things (since my last report 2 days ago).

- Added an option into the weapon-autoswitch cvar, to only autoswitch when its better.
                              (order identical like in Deathmatch)
                              - Added a special "fleshsplat" effect when carrying the axe. YES !
                              - changed some default values of "death animations" (to make them spawn more seldom)
                              - fixed a wrong frame name in ogreīs death animation
                              - Added all mission pack specific cheats into impulses (usable via console or button/key)
                              - Added powerup-countdown for all powerups in all mpīs.
                              - MP2: Added a nice trail to the wrathīs and overlordīs projectile
                              - MP2: Added a trail to the dragonīs projectile too
                              - MP2: Added new effect-names to lava weapons (so you can give them seperate visuals)

- Tried to improve the "Power Shield" effect of Rogue MP2.
                              This time not one single particle was used.
                              Instead I changed some positioning, timing, transparency and made it "move" a little.
                              I tried to make it look more dynamic.

This is the result (I know its not perfect. Hopefully you will like it a little):
                              [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CALJYavJAbw&list=UUbX7uVIXqMzBza0YmLJuMdw& index=1&feature=plcp]Quake-Power-Shield-effect-modification.avi - YouTube[/ame]

So far all 3 versions V3.80 are done.
                              Now only the packaging, documentation and uploading needs to be done.
                              That will take some time, cause its a quite big mess on my harddisc now...

I will skip rapidshare and use quaketastic if it lets me upload those big files (approx. < 150 MB). If not, we will see...

Warm regards,
                              Seven

PS: Blood was a nice game splitterface. It is a shame that the source got lost.
                              At least that is what the Monolith devs say...
                              Some die-hard fans are working on a remake.
                              If it will see the light of day one time... we will see.
                              Last edited by Seven; 04-07-2012, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• @seven
                                yeah i totally love blood, i think its one of most awesome games ever.
                                yeah i saw a few remakes like transfusion and have a tc of someone who is busy rebuilding blood from the ground in eduke32, but that tc is very far from done, only map 1 and 2 are done, and the only working enemy is the zombie
                                and transfusion never got done, only multiplayer part works.

its totally awesomes that you got the smc updates for the mps done so soon,
                                and i totally cant wait till you packed them and uploaded them and ill be able to use them.
                                have just been playing rogue a lot myself lately and cant wait to play it again with the awesome effects you added and with the more awesome particle-effects you added and multi-skinning and such

btw could you perhaps give me instructions how i can modify the qc so that i can use more skins in rogue too for the enemies that have multiple versions in rogue?
                                so that i can keep using 3skins for the normal versions of the enemies

oh btw i just thought of one thing that kinda bothered me. since jakubs awesome redone particle effects got added, rockets and grenades now suddenly have the explosion particles too when they explode while under water, while before you'd only get a bunch of bubbles and not the orange explosion particles as well. and imo it looks totally weird that when they explode under water you get the orange-red fire explosion particles as well.
                                could you perhaps fix that so that if a rocket or grenade explodes under water that itll only spawn bubbles again?

oh oh oh, talking about that made me think of something, a totally awesome idea i had. it would be so uberly epic if you could make it so that if a rocket or grenade explode under water a splash kinda akin to the effect you have for when you fire in lava gets spawned at the surface right above the explosion.
                                like something like this but in small:
                                Last edited by talisa; 04-07-2012, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X