Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @splitterface.
    M210 has released a update of his BloodTC few days ago:
    M210 Projects - Unreal, eDuke32, BloodTC, DoomTC, Serious Sam, Half-Life, maps, mods

As I know Atari should have the rights for Blood atm...

@Seven.
    I can´t wait....

Comment

• @webangel
      yeah i know, keep an eye on his site constantly for updates, so i already had the update
      but thanx anyway for letting me know

and erm, yeah, thats what i thought as well, that atari owns the rights to blood currently

still do hope the search does get released some day so we can get a source-port which makes the game even better, like support for widescreen resolutions and stuffs,
      and perhaps even allows for updating the graphics with better lights and models and such
      suppose all we can do is keep our fingers crossed that it will happen some day, would be awesome
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• sorry for OT 7

@splitterface,
        I have signed so many petitions....
        sorry but forget it. Blood source never will be released. Nobody have a legal copy of it. I think M210s remake project is the best we have....

Comment

• yeah i suppose so. although the copy you can get at gog.com works perfectly in dosbox.
          so thats how i always play blood myself.

plays exactly like how it plays on an actual 486 with dos

and it has the pro of being able to play it at higher res through dosbox settings
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• I thought the shubhub was the place to upload quake mods?
            Are we not using it any more?
            WARNING
            May be too intense for some viewers.
            Stress Relief Device
            ....BANG HEAD HERE....
            ---------------------------
            .--------------------------

Comment

• Dear all,

Finally the day has come...

Some could not believe it:

Some were full of fear:

Some have better things to do:

Some are simply happy:

UPDATE 20120409

Final Release V3.80 for Quake and ALL Mission Packs

New Features:
              - Added possibility to see view-weapons with less opaqueness during invisibility time
              - Added possibility to choose if corpses can only be gibbed with explosive weapons or not.
              - Added possibility to have a powerup countdown counter on screen
              - Added possibility to choose between several weapon autoswitch behaviours
              - Extended model spawning via .ent files code to have solid and non_solid models and specific bbox size
              - Added possibility to choose between different particle explosion visuals (with/without debris)
              - Added a special "fleshsplat" effect when carrying the axe.
              - Added a different Gyro force value for shotgun and supershotgun (makes it easier to adjust).
              - MP1: Added possibility to choose between original forcefield particles or new effects.
              - MP1: Added multiskin/multimodel 'Starter Kit' for Hipnotic
              - MP2: Changed the original Power Shild "Hit-effect" (p_shield) to be more dynamic/special
              - MP2: Added possibility to choose between original polygon candle flames and particle flames
              - MP2: Added possibility to have lava guns texture animation when shooting (glowing + cooling)
              - MP2: Added possibility to have plasma gun texture animation when shooting
              - MP2: Added a nice trail to the wrath´s and overlord´s projectile
              - MP2: Added a trail to the dragon´s projectile
              - MP2: Added new effect names to both lava spike impacts (so you can give them seperate effects/visuals)
              - MP2: Added statue gib textures (based on Quake Reforged Statue monster skins)
              - MP2: Added multiskin/multimodel 'Starter Kit' for Rogue

Updated features:
              - totally reworked autoexec.cfg sample layout (it was time to arrange the new cvars !)
              - extended the multiskin/multimodel feature to be able to use up to "4" skins for each monster
              - fixed a bug in multiskin/multimodel feature that caused a seldom skin change when monster dies
              - fixed a slight misalignment in particle font
              - updated start and e1m1 map .ent files and effects
              - changed default values of several monster death animations, so they spawn more seldom
              - fixed ogre´s death animation, that used a wrong animation frame
              - changed lightning gun impact effect QC code to make it usable for mission packs
              - Updated the 'Starter Kit' for ID1

Please find updated Links in 1st post.

If you find a bug, you better keep it, or I will:

Now good night. I need a break...

Best wishes ,
              Seven
              Last edited by Seven; 04-09-2012, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• I just love how you let cute monkeys and apes do your talking Seven
                Souvenirs d'un autre monde

Comment

• Excellent news for me to read, Seven
                  Attached Files

Comment

• lmfao seven you always manage to make my laugh my ass off with your monkey pics with descriptions in your posts seven
                    especially the monkey which gives you the figner and the one with the gun made me laugh like hell

its great news though that you finished smc 3.80 for both ID1 AND both MPs!
                    im immediately downloading them, totally cant wait to try them later

you really keep amazing us with all the awesome features you keep adding in such rapid succession to quake
                    and its totally awesome that you made versions for both MPs too so fast which make them so much more awesome looking

you're truely the god of all modders here on quakeone forums.
                    screw shub, quake has a new god, and he's called seven!

Last edited by talisa; 04-09-2012, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• Hi Seven,
                      thank you for this..
                      Just testet MP2 SMC. I love it!!
                      Great work on my Lava Lumas..btw

Edit:
                      Just one small issue... Statues shouldn´t bleed

Danke
                      w@
                      Last edited by webangel; 04-09-2012, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• btw just wanted to add, its totally awesome to have multi-skins in the MPs now too
                        and after trying out your new version of the lava-NG and lava-SNG i agree its a lot more fitting for them to only heat up when shooting
                        and the plasma-gun animation is nice too

and the partial invisibility of hud weapons is great too
                        now i dont have to worry about blowing myself up by accident anymore when using invisiblity

timers for powerups are neat too, lot nicer to now be able to see how long a powerup still lasts. before ive often got into trouble cuz a powerup was over before i knew it and i was screwed

and im really thankfull for that you expanded maximum skins for an enemy from 3 to 4.
                        now i can have 3skins for normal knight hellknight and ogre too in rogue

settable weaponswitch behaviour is great too. its one of those options that every game has but for some reason completely seemed to be missing for singleplayer in quake.
                        its great that i can now set it so that it doesnt automatically switch to any weapon picked up and i dont end up blowing myself up cuz i picked up a rl in the middle of a close fight or such

the new particle-effect for the force-fields in hipnotic look amazing too.
                        even though i had to set 'r_drawparticles_drawdistance' to 20000 to be able to see the entire particle-bridge in hip1m2 for some reason. before your update it would show the entire bridge fine at normal settings but now after your update i had to raise the value of it to 20000, at default value it would only show the bridge up to 4meters away from me, and if i was further away from bridge then that it wouldnt show the particles of the bridge at all
                        EDIT: i assume this was cuz of the size of the particles since they are a lot smaller then the originals?
                        Last edited by talisa; 04-09-2012, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• Thanks Seven!

Comment

• Thank you all for your feedback.

Originally posted by webangel View Post
                            Just one small issue... Statues shouldn´t bleed

Hallo Webangel,

I don’t know if I understood you correctly.
                            Do you mean the blood trail of the statue heads and gibs ? I am not sure.

As you know, the bleeding of the statue heads & gibs is an original ROGUE behavior.
                            So I didn’t change this in the “small mod compilation”.

If you want to get rid of the statue heads & gibs “bleeding” you have 2 possibilities:

1.) You must remove the blood trail flag of the models.
                            This is not possible for the head gib without interfering with the normal knight/Hellknight head gibs, because they share the same model.
                            So you can only remove the blood trail from the statue gibs.
                            This has already been done here: click me

2.) dpextensions.qc allows you to do it much smarter via QC.
                            If you want to have “bloodless” statue heads and gibs via QC, you only need to make use of DP_SV_MODELFLAGS_AS_EFFECTS
                            It allows you to delete any model flag the model has, with:
                            float EF_NOMODELFLAGS

Something like this for the heads:
                            if (((gibname == "progs/h_hellkn.mdl")||(gibname == "progs/h_knight.mdl"))&&(self.skin == 1))
                            self.effects = EF_NOMODELFLAGS;
                            Something like this for the gibs:
                            if ((gibname == "progs/statgib1.mdl")||(gibname == "progs/statgib2.mdl")||(gibname == "progs/statgib3.mdl"))
                            new.effects = EF_NOMODELFLAGS;

=========

Or do you mean the bleeding of the “living” statue monsters when you shoot them, then this is also an original ROGUE behavior.

If yes, then you can remove this via QC as well.
                            Open "weapons.qc" and find function SpawnBlood.
                            Now add this to the very beginning:
                            if ((trace_ent.classname == "monster_hell_knight") || (trace_ent.classname == "monster_knight") && (trace_ent.spawnflags & 2))
                            return; // statues dont bleed anymore when shot

=========

Or do you mean the “fleshsplat” (extra gore) feature ?

This can be disabled for statue monsters like this:
                            Please put these 2 lines into "flesh_splat.qc" in function ThrowBloodSplat:
                            if ((own.classname == "monster_hell_knight") || (own.classname == "monster_knight") && (own.spawnflags & 2))
                            return; // dont spawn fleshsplats on statues

Originally posted by splitterface View Post
                            the new particle-effect for the force-fields in hipnotic look amazing too.
                            even though i had to set 'r_drawparticles_drawdistance' to 20000 to be able to see the entire particle-bridge in hip1m2 for some reason.
                            EDIT: i assume this was cuz of the size of the particles since they are a lot smaller then the originals?

Hello splitterface,

Your assumption is correct.
                            The size of the particles is one factor for it.
                            Please do the following, if it disturbs you:

Option 1.) Use the 2nd alternative effect for the forcefield.
                            Open effectinfo.txt and scroll down to "effect forcefield".
                            Here you must comment out the first block.
                            And free the second and third block (they contain the alternative one).
                            I also wrote some words directly into effectinfo.txt to make it easier to understand.

Option 2.) Increase the particle size of the 1st effect.
                            Open effectinfo.txt and scroll down to "effect forcefield".
                            Change the size from
                            size 0.1 0.3
                            to (for example):
                            size 0.4 0.7
                            (first value is min size, second is max size)

Both options will lead to the same result:
                            You will see the particles from around the same distance as the original.
                            No need to change "r_drawparticles_drawdistance".

Best wishes,
                            Seven

Comment

• hey seven

thanx for the tips, but i prefer the first particle-effect over the second, and personally i dun like how it looks if the particles are made bigger

so ill keep using the work-around i found for it which means increasing particles drawdistance. it works fine for me and causes hardly any performance-drop at all

beside, i like the visuals better overall too with raised drawdistance for particles,
                              especially for rain it looks great to see raindrops which are far away too when you are in a big open area

thanx for the tips though

Comment

• =========

Or do you mean the bleeding of the “living” statue monsters when you shoot them, then this is also an original ROGUE behavior.

If yes, then you can remove this via QC as well.
                                Open "weapons.qc" and find function SpawnBlood.
                                Now add this to the very beginning:
                                if ((trace_ent.classname == "monster_hell_knight") || (trace_ent.classname == "monster_knight") && (trace_ent.spawnflags & 2))
                                return; // statues dont bleed anymore when shot

=========

Or do you mean the “fleshsplat” (extra gore) feature ?

This can be disabled for statue monsters like this:
                                Please put these 2 lines into "flesh_splat.qc" in function ThrowBloodSplat:
                                if ((own.classname == "monster_hell_knight") || (own.classname == "monster_knight") && (own.spawnflags & 2))
                                return; // dont spawn fleshsplats on statues
                                Thank you again Seven. I have the blood trail flag free models from this thread. Your answer #2.) helped me to do what I want!!

Regards
                                web@ngel

Comment

Working...
                                X